IGNORED

Why do you believe and What has He done for you?

Guest Hello.

Guest jmyers912

Hello, I'm new.

But, I was wondering why do you guys believe? And what has He done for you? What made you believe?

Thanks.

I'm new as well and I have lived life in a way that you have with a mom who is dedicated to the church and has had a father whom never went to church but only every now and then.I mainly believe in God because in the day and age we live in,the "last days" so to speak(2 Tim 3:1-9),is an age where just about everything you hear on tv and the news is mainly either useless information about celebs or politics hiding the truth that is actually going on around the world as we speak.When I look though history and time I can see that the only text that surpassed time and trial was the word of God.It was the only thing I saw in my opinion that really held any value at all for as it is said men cannot feed off of bread alone but of the word of God(I'm still young myself and am still reading the word so you'll have to forgive me if I don't know the exact quote or location of scripture).

When I look back at my life I could see daily the things God has done in my life to save me.I have been accused of doing things I haven't and was near imprisonment as punishment for it,but this where the term "on-time God" came into my life.Not once,but twice he has come through for me being my lawyer in a courtroom.Not only that but God's hand saved me when I was about to wreck from falling asleep at the wheel.I knew that I shouldn't have been alive that day and that it was only by God's grace that I was still here and,seeing this,I could find no other way than to thank him by actively pursuing him in my daily hassles.

I use whatever opportunity I have to seek understanding with all my getting whether it be youtube,google,or even reading his word while on the toilet.I hate being a burden to anyone and I don't want to do God wrong when I think about all he had to go through because of me and my impulsiveness I'd have in my life with my pride.I pray to the Lord daily for it is through this that I can communicate with him clearly the desires of my heart that only he can fulfill and fix.

I suggest you just read random parts of the word namely The New Testament if you wish to find instant wisdom on the things you seek and Jesus Christ himself displays in his parables and as his disciples display also via his Holy Spirit that he has blessed us with.

God Bless

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

When I heard about JESUS as a child in christian school, my heart jumped at the love that was talked about, read, and shown.

Later in my life, HE personally showed ( after reading the bible again, and now reading it again with notes for my faith) by saving my life ( literally more than once), and now having the voice of the Holy Spirit constantly on me ( all the time; crazy, but great! :biggrinflip::halo:)

His love is what will bring people together, as well as show us who is not HIS without us having to fight, war, wonder, and be paranoid.

His love is what HE wants us to follow till HE comes again.

We need to clean ourselves of the sins of this world that we have committed that has and still is influencing others.

Fast and pray for all people.

Spread His word, live HIs word, and read His word to ourselves and those not capable of it.

God will judge, we should just follow His love (Jesus Christ).

Love to all in the Holy Precious Name of Jesus Christ who lives and reigns amoung us forever and ever. All ears pitched to the advice and guidance of the Holy Spirit that is left here ( the Comforter). All thanks and praises always to the Father for all things.

Guest Kayla59

Hello! I am new here too. You ask great questions, and there are great responses. I do not claim to have any answers, but I can share my heart with you regarding your doubts.

I am far from my teen years too, and I still ask why all the suffering. Why have I suffered so much? Well, I guess its because we aren't in heaven right now, and Satan currently has dominion over the earth & humanity. He wants to turn everyone away from the One true God by causing misery & make people hate God for letting it happen. But God gave us free choice. We have to rise above our suffering and help others who are also suffering.

I'll tell you I grew up being abused & neglected in ways that I wish on no one. I've been betrayed, deceived, rejected & kicked to the curb. The evil Satan has divided & conquered my entire family. At 53 years old, I am now alone. After feeling sorry for myself after all my efforts left me with this "prize" of nothingness, I realized many people suffer worse than I have. So I decided what an opportunity here: now I can give my entire life to God thru Jesus Christ.

I pray for understanding. I pray for others. I seek truth. And I forgive. And I believe that those who suffered in concentration camps will have a wonderful, eternal afterlife. I still hurt, but I'm not angry anymore. Being of service to others helps a lot.

You are young in years, but you are mature in your questoons. Keep seeking for answers no matter what. Don't let the evil one instill doubt in you.

May God bless you with continued spiritual growth!

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello, I'm new.

But, I was wondering why do you guys believe? And what has He done for you? What made you believe? You see, I'm a teenager and I've been going to church for a while. Ever since around 4 years old. My mom made me. But, even though I have been going to church I still have doubts. I went to retreats. And I seen miracles happen, but for some reason I still have some doubts. Like, why are their so many people in Africa with no food. Why did the Holocaust happen? And my dad, he doesn't go to church, but he believes. He says he's too busy. I know life is not supposed to be a paradise, but some things around the world is cruel. I always wonder, why does God let these things happen?

Thanks.

Hello little friend you need not to have doubts about Jesus,he is not the one allowing these terrible things to happen we are.Sin is what have cause all things troubles in the world.Romans 6:23 ''For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.'' Deuteronomy 30:19 ''I call heaven and earth to record this day against you,that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing:therefore choose life that both thou and thy seed may live.'' From all this scriptures you can see that man was given the right to chose but God advise man to make the right choice because he didnot make us to be robots to decide for us,no.We have to decide for ourselves. In Matthew 11:28, Jesus said " come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest." True rest can only come when we are attached to Jesus.God bless you.

Pastor Baiye

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

I Believe Because When I Needed Answers and Went After Him With Everything In Me...Even Spending Time (With Him) In Quiet Prayer and Reading His Word...Not Knowing What Would Happen...He Revealed Himself To me. He Answers Every Question-Even Now...Sometimes Through Circumstances, Sometimes Through His Children...Sometimes Through His Word...Sometimes By My Spirit, Says The Lord...I Ask and Seek and Knock-Urgently Expecting An Answer and I Don't Let Him Rest Until I Get An Answer...

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

God has done so much in my life im here because of His wonderful love and faithfulness

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

God has done so much in my life im here because of His wonderful love and faithfulness

God bless you Rose ,

I'm so pleased you join Worthy and it's great to be able to chat with you.

Nigel.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1990

Head knowledge will not change you nor save you. It is the personal relationship one has with Jesus that saves. You have to believe and accept Him as your Lord and Savior. No church can save, no bible study can save, no amount of knowledge can save. Only a personal relationship with Him as your Lord and Savior saves.

I want a personal relationship with Christ.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Head knowledge will not change you nor save you. It is the personal relationship one has with Jesus that saves. You have to believe and accept Him as your Lord and Savior. No church can save, no bible study can save, no amount of knowledge can save. Only a personal relationship with Him as your Lord and Savior saves.

I want a personal relationship with Christ.

Have you accepted Him as your Savior?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

hello,

I do believe that the soul that gives thanks can find comfort in everything, and the soul that complains can find comfort in nothing...as to with the world. Giving thanks for all the fortune if it is good because it is good and if bad it works in us patience, humility and the contempt of this world and the hope of our eternal country.

God will touch your heart and restore your courage, God is seeking to work in you and through you. You have a choice either to let God be in your life or not. Its called free will.

So many people who do not really know God have lost hope and they live on their own strength and life becomes so hard. When you sincerely turn to Him, He will never fail you.

Faith is stronger than fear.

blessings,

desi