IGNORED

Why do you believe and What has He done for you?

Guest Hello.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I believe in God because I simply believe in His creation. I know that deep in my heart He loves me and accepts me. I connect to His creation and stand in awe of his beauty all the time. I've had a bumpy road. But who doesn't? Our journey's are not the same. Everyone has their own struggles, hardships, times of failure. My dad doesn't like going to church and my mom thinks they are hypocrites. It's a matter of what is taught to you and what you choose to believe. All I can say is stick the scripture because there is nothing more real then that!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The Lord was there for me thru my troubled family life during my teens. Without him more tears would of continued. My heart was so relieved when the Lord came into my life.

I didn't realize how much I even needed him. Since that day,he has given me strength--patience--love and most of all, Peace. Peace in my heart,that nobody could ever give me. Amen

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  5

I believe mainly because of what God has done for me.  I have seen the miraculous.  I have experienced God's forgiveness, I read His word daily and I have a personal relationship with Him.  What has he done for me?  Everything!  I am who I am because of Him.  I have what I have because of Him.  I do what I do because I know that others may only see Him in me initially.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2

I have always believed there was a God but I know now that there is a major difference between believing and surrendering.

My life was a total mess. I will spare you the details but it was very very bad. (physical abuse, drug abuse etc. the list is too long)

I seemed to attract bad things and traumatic events without even looking for it. I have to admit: I did some very bad things in my life.

The things I did, I didn't want to do. It was like something MADE me do them. This sounds weird but it really was like that.

I was constantly under attack. I heard voices, really frightning things would happen at night... I was very depressed all the time, had very dark thoughts and basically wished to die.

I wanted it to stop, I needed help. When I turned 33 it escalated; I was sick all the time, my body hurt, my mind would play tricks on me...

More trauma, more drama, more pain and suffering. I thought I was losing my mind.

I wouldn't pray to God or Jesus directly; I would talk to His Angels but nothing was happening.

Until one night when I again could not sleep I saw this film "The Encounter". It said to repent and give your heart and soul to Jesus Christ.

And that is what I did. I prayed to Jesus for help and he gave it to me..

Shortly after doing that I came in contact with a man who gets rid of unclean spirits, curses and whatnot.

I guess you could call him an exorcist of some sort (it was not like in the movies though). He is a religious man and does the Lords work and he got rid of what was slowly killing me.

I am no longer under attack, I feel calm and loved and happy with my life. My body is slowly starting to heal.

When all of this was happening to me, I never blamed God but I did wonder why this was happening to me.

Why me? I was told that my whole family had been cursed (mother's side) and it makes sense since they also suffer.

I told my mother and she said I was insane. We hardly speak anymore now. She thinks I am crazy.

My finding Jesus has caused a major rift but that is ok. To me my real family is the Lord. He is my mother and my father.

What I have learned is that one really needs to go via Jesus to get to God. You do that, you talk to Jesus and build a relationship with Him, He will truly save you.

He saved me and I was a sinner of the worst kind. I found myself unworthy yet he listened when I called out to Him.

Jesus loves everyone. You just need to believe and trust Him, let Him come in to you.

I cannot describe how loved I feel now I have Jesus in my life. There is no greater love.

I regret not having let Him into my life sooner. It would have saved me a lot of heartache and pain.

But the whole experience did make me stronger. I lived in constant fear of the next bad thing happening to me and that fear is slowly going away now.

It has only been about 3 weeks since I was saved but I am a completely different person.

I am finally the person I was supposed to be all along.

Praise the Lord!

Welcome~!

~

It has only been about 3 weeks since I was saved but I am a completely different person.

I am finally the person I was supposed to be all along.

Praise the Lord!

~

Hallelujah~!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Thank God that you have had it that well from the beginning, as that certainly is not the case for most of the people. Be forever grateful for that, you have been spared from much of spiritual darkness that plagues many people's lives. At times of challenges it is natural for a human being to ask questions and even have a cloud of doubt crossing one's mind, but do not let go of what God so abundantly has blessed you with. For it truly is a blessing, something I pray every day to be able to give to my own children; to know that Jesus is the Son of a Living God.

I went through a seemingly endless desert of false teachings and deceit. It truly is a miracle to know Jesus as He is today. Never let go of it I beg you, the depths of that pit of not having Him is beyond describing, you really do not want to go there.

Take time to be with Him in a natural way so it does not feel uncomfortable or like a work one must accomplish. Be at ease, worship really does miracles. The thing is, to find a way to do and to be that suits you and suits God. When you find this (super)natural way of being with Him, you will experience His presence and learn to know Him personally. Read some bible, meditate on it, soak in it. He will speak to you. Just leave it to Him and don't try, it will come in His way because  that's the only way.

But, if whatever supernatural seems to take place, ALWAYS test it. Whatever it is that seems to be of God, it has to be able to confess that Jesus of Nazareth is the Lord, God's Christ, who went  to the cross for our sins and whom God resurrected. In case this does not take place and this does not get confirmed, in Jesus' name rebuke it and command it to be gone.

May God bless you and lead you to be a blessing for nations. In Jesus' name, amen.

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3

I was brought up in a Catholic home, and so I was always in church as a young child. I have since then not only seen some amazing miracles, but witnessed a few myself. After a few years of not really knowing God and always felt empty inside, I came to Christ hungry and thirsty for more of His word, He has filled me with a passion for others to come to a relationship with him.

There is always a test or two to refine us and make us more like His son, Jesus. None of them feel very nice when it happens, but you always feel stronger afterwards.

He has brought me into a wonderful Church family, saved me from my sins and taught me how to see myself as he sees me, not how I see me. I have become a much more confident person than I used to be. Becoming more outspoken than I used to be as well. I praise Him and thank Him always for what He has done, and what he is still doing in my life.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  338
  • Days Won:  4

Hi Guest _hello   God has the power  to prevent it , but he will allow pain and suffering to reveal the consequence's of sin , Man has been given free will , some have chosen to disobey him ,But not all suffering is bad , It can draw us closer to God ,

• Content Count:  6

I was raised in the church, my parents taught me but never forced me to believe.  My parents knew well that was a decision made by each individual person.  I fell in love with God, although I saw their God and His goodness for them, He didn't become my God until I became an adult with a family of my own.  Our hope isn't in this world nor will we find all those answers your asking while we remain incomplete in our earthly vessels.  We do know that the fall of mankind destroyed the perfection we once enjoyed yet there's a day coming when we'll return to God and have all things restored to His original plan.  Humbly pray and ask for wisdom sufficient to your own walk and always look ahead to Gods completion. Best wishes, Debra

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  338
  • Days Won:  4

Hello KEEPUSLORD05, welcome  :D