IGNORED

Why do you believe and What has He done for you?

Guest Hello.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I'm thankful for all of these wonderful testimonies, we all need to be reminded of our great and merciful God... ty ty

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12

yo, welcome. I usually don't like telling people my age, cause then they are more inclined to talk to me different (shrug), but my mom made me go to church that young too, up until a few years ago, but then she became manager, an never gets home till after 11 at night, even on the weekends, so we stopped going...(actually, I basically just never see or talk to her anymore). Don't know really why I believe, just...do...maybe it because living my own way, I really messed my life up bad, this world doesn't have much to offer anymore, so going to try it how the Almighty instructed for awhile, and see how that go. Guess, I believe, because I chose to believe, even-though most of it don't make much sense. 

"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,

“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” -Hebrews 13:5

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Dear Swoon,I want to say "thank you "for sharing your heartfelt testimony with all of us....I am sure someone will truly be blessed by your honesty and sincerity.I am overjoyed just by hearing about your deliverance and personal relationship with Jesus!Evangelism really seems to be your calling,may you continue to be blessed to be a blessing!Welcome to Worthy,you have already begun to walk in the direction the Lord has set before you,enjoy the journey!

All the glory to God,Kwik

• Content Count:  4

Why do i believe and what he is done for me...

In my early age, i really don't believe in him or I don't have enough faith for him. But then when time passed by when i experienced problems with my life. I feel him that he's always there for me. I can feel his presence, his power and his guidance. Until such time, I realized that to myself that how great he is for helping me with everything and guiding me to the right patch. That is the time I believed in him and my faith grows until now...

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/06/1990

There is a lot of cruelty in the world.  But the simple fact of the matter is God hasnt killed or starved any of those people.  People are the cause of our own misery.  Satan isnt even to blame.  Also God didnt create man to have a gormet supper every night and a nice car.  We may look at starved people from america and feel bad but a lot of places look at americans and feel bad.  We are the starved ones.  The truth be told.  And you can go to church all your life.  But you have to come to Jesus with a kind and open heart.  Thank him for what he has done and ask him to come into your life.  Im sure you have heard this before.  But going to church doesnt build a relationship with christ.  Dont wait to see something spectacular.  Just ask God.  Seek and you shall find.

• 5 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Jesus has given me so many reasons to believe in him!  One that stands out:

I was dating a girl in college and her friend brought over a ouija board I refused to touch the cursed thing... I began to silently pray against it and rebuke the demonic use of it. 

The girl's friends sat there in utter disbelief that it did not move at ALL!  So the girl says, well that has never done that before, but I have another one that always works.  So she brought that into the room

and once again I prayed as hard as I could against it... Guess what... It didnt move either!  In that moment I knew without any doubt what so ever how powerful prayer was!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

Yes I do believe in God!! He has been with me and brought me through things that were a total nightmare. When I was at the lowest point in my life, He reminded me that he loves me and held out his hand. I feel His love and pressence in my life daily, I would not be here without the Lord. He is my rock and my strength. He picks me up when I am sad, He is the greatest friend I have ever had. He puts joy in my heart and carries me when I cannot walk anymore.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/07/1967

Hello, I'm new.

But, I was wondering why do you guys believe? And what has He done for you? What made you believe? You see, I'm a teenager and I've been going to church for a while. Ever since around 4 years old. My mom made me. But, even though I have been going to church I still have doubts. I went to retreats. And I seen miracles happen, but for some reason I still have some doubts. Like, why are their so many people in Africa with no food. Why did the Holocaust happen? And my dad, he doesn't go to church, but he believes. He says he's too busy. I know life is not supposed to be a paradise, but some things around the world is cruel. I always wonder, why does God let these things happen?

Thanks.

Not sure I can tell you a specific of Faith.     When I was a teenager I was in your boat.    I doubted my faith and really considered my self a secret agnostic from my Junior high school year into transferring into college from my local junior college.   I basically attended church because it was "politically correct" as far as living with my folks went.

I tried experimenting with things.   Mostly looking at some Eastern religious ideas, Taoism was my favorite in college.

Basically what happened to me was I found out that I was better off with God than without him.    I of course had a charismatic christian friend that witnessed to me during that time.   I don't think he really fully knew my condition about considering myself an agnostic at this time, since he knew my back in my former Lutheran days.    

Anyway, I think it important to get to the place where you can choose things for yourself.     Being raised Christian is a blessing, but at times it can be counter productive (when it seems your being coerced into it).

• Content Count:  4

I would like to thank Rhonda for posting that. It was beautifully written. God Bless..:)