IGNORED

Deputy shocks girl, 11, with Taser at elementary school

buckthesystem

name='man' date='Sep 20 2008, 08:29 PM' post='1257479']

Matthew 12

What a disgusting exhibition this whole thread has been.

I'm really sort of taken back by what I'm sure is your honest opinion, and wonder why you feel this way. Let's say the child continued punching, would there be any restraint you would recommend thus taking away her ability to continue in that manner? How would you have handled it? I do know an 11 year old kid with a black belt in karate and I guarantee you that you don't want to be punched or kicked in the face by him.

In Jesus' name

Peoples attitudes.

This is supposed to be a christian website. I saw very few christians in this thread. What I saw was a lynch mob. People ready to string up an 11 year old girl because she punched a cop in the nose.

2000 years ago, the attitude in this thread was held by those who screamed, "Let Him be crucified".

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

Matthew 12

34 Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

35 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.

36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.

37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

I can't believe that a bunch of adults, christian adults at that, are sitting here talking smack about an 11 year old child. You all call yourselves christians and god fearing people, but I don't see it.

What I do see, is hatred, arrogance, self righteous ignorance.

Someone said this, "There is no excuse for disobedience. No matter the age." That statement is right on the money. There is no excuse for disobedience. This entire thread is one giant example of disobedience to the Word.

Christ said we were to love our neighbors as ourselves. I don't see any of that here.

Is this how you people act out in the 3 dimensional world?

Your words are your witness, or do you not understand that? Do you think that God doesn't know who you are just because you hide behind some internet name?

Someone said something here about being held accountable. That individual is right. Everyone here, including myself, is going to be held accountable.

I think she got just what she deserved!

That statement came from a Prayer Partner.

I used to think the people with the red letter names meant something. I don't anymore.

Man, I'm astounded at the comments displayed here as well. But I'm thinking that most are writing to the abstract...it's not a personal issue to any of us. Though I don't agree with hardly any of the replies, surprise!, I don't believe it's a lack of Christian values that's the problem either. People ARE sick of others' out of control, violent offspring being turned loose on everyone else. Police ARE between a rock and a hard place with these situations. Maybe we should all step back from this and not let it get out of control. I hate to see you, a member, being this upset by the charged comments made here...including my own. I suspect you're not alone. Opinions? :laugh:

Guest Biblicist
2000 years ago, the attitude in this thread was held by those who screamed, "Let Him be crucified".

So you are equating this disobedient little 11 year old girl with Jesus Christ...

And us with the Jews who called for Christ's crucifiction?

I think that's a bit of a stretch. Don't you? :laugh:

Guest HIS girl

What I've tried to do is present my view from the educators side.

Can we all learn from this incident? Yes we can. Will things change for the better? I'm not so sure because discipline starts at home and a stable homelife/foundation is somewhat lacking in todays society.

Hence we have out of control kids and police officers having to do the best they can in the spur of the moment situation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

So you are equating this disobedient little 11 year old girl with Jesus Christ...

Aren't we supposed to see God in each other? I mean, not to bring the level of dialogue here to a fever pitch, but I always thought the challenge of the Gospel was to see God in those who were hurting and angry and needed care the most....sounds like this kid was pretty troubled. So yeah, it's not that much of a stretch, maybe.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Morning you ignored everything I said in both my first post, and in my replies to you.

Yeah, I'm good at that. Especially when I realize that the person replying to me is not open to a different point of view. Btw, it's 'Glory'.....morning is when I wake up. :laugh:

This is really an immature way to have a discussion and accomplishes nothing. :laugh:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Aren't we supposed to see God in each other? I mean, not to bring the level of dialogue here to a fever pitch, but I always thought the challenge of the Gospel was to see God in those who were hurting and angry and needed care the most....sounds like this kid was pretty troubled. So yeah, it's not that much of a stretch, maybe.

Where do you get that idea of the gospel?

God is not in humans :laugh: The challenge of the gospel is teling the lost that they need a Saviour without being killed doing so.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

Where do you get that idea of the gospel?

God is not in humans :laugh: The challenge of the gospel is teling the lost that they need a Saviour without being killed doing so.

God IS in humans. That's the whole point of the miracle of the Incarnation. It's one of the most beautiful ideas about Christianity, I think -- that when Jesus was assumed into heaven, that his bodily presence on earth became ours. The hands of God on earth are human hands; the eyes of God are human eyes. Sometimes I remind myself of that and think of the "least of our brothers and sisters" and their eyes being the eyes of God. I'm sure you know the Matthew verse in which this idea resonates...always been one of my favorite parts of scripture.

Guest shiloh357

It is both a unrealistic stretch, AND it is an entirely inaccurate reading of the situation. This girl was not an innocent victim of brutality. She tried to kill a fellow student by pushing that student into oncoming traffic and when dealt with, she became violent. The 11 year-old (which is not a little child) introduced violence into the situation and appropriate measures were taken to subdue her and gain control over the situation.

This has nothing to do with seeing God in others. It was violent situation that required action and a quick decision in order to neutralize the violence.

Guest Biblicist
God IS in humans. That's the whole point of the miracle of the Incarnation. It's one of the most beautiful ideas about Christianity, I think -- that when Jesus was assumed into heaven, that his bodily presence on earth became ours. The hands of God on earth are human hands; the eyes of God are human eyes. Sometimes I remind myself of that and think of the "least of our brothers and sisters" and their eyes being the eyes of God. I'm sure you know the Matthew verse in which this idea resonates...always been one of my favorite parts of scripture.

God cannot reside where Satan dwells. Unless that girl had Christ in her life, as Lord and Saviour, God was NOT in her.

Please site the verses you believe say that God is in humans. Don't assume that we know what you are referring to.

It still amazes me that there are those here who ignore the TRUE victim of this situation, the child that was initially pushed into traffic. What would you do to a child who pushed your child into traffic? What would you want done to them? What if that child had been hit by an oncoming vehicle? Would you care more about him/her then? Would it matter if the 11 year old had a bad home life, was provoked, upset, depressed?

If a child pushed my child into traffic, I'd want them punished to the fullest extent.

Some of you here know that my daughter has been the victim of bully abuse. Including snapping her bra strap and touching her chest, pushing, hitting, name calling and outright physical attacks. One boy even tried to run both my children over with his ATV. These children are never dealt with at home, even when the incidents are brought to the "parent's" attention. Schools and Bus Drivers are helpless to stop it. It has been left up to my daughter to protect herself. And she has our permission to do so.

So I ask you, what if your child had been the one that was pushed into the street by this girl, cars whizzing by. Nearly seriously injured because of another's foolishness, anger, stupidity? How would you have reacted? I, personally, would have tazered her myself!