• Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

http://www.arktimes.com/Articles/ArticleVi...4f-03cbc44bb27c

Shot in the dark

Filing in Ingle case questions NLR police affidavit.

Published 9/18/2008

In April, the Arkansas Times reported the story of North Little Rock resident Tracy Ingle, who was shot in January 2008 by a North Little Rock Police Department S.W.A.T. team executing a no-knock search warrant on his East 21st Street home. Though the search of Ingle's residence and Jeep uncovered no drugs or drug-making supplies

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

name='buckthesystem' date='Sep 19 2008, 05:04 AM' post='1256591']

http://www.arktimes.com/Articles/ArticleVi...4f-03cbc44bb27c

Shot in the dark

Filing in Ingle case questions NLR police affidavit.

Published 9/18/2008

Quoting this from the article - John Hout is handling the case for the Pulaski County prosecuting attorney's office. He said that ethical rules prevent him from discussing the particulars of the case.

It has always amazed me that if a citizen is arrested for something there is no amount of ethical rules prohibiting authorities from releasing their life's story before being found guilty.

And then this man being shot was fortunate. There was one I read of being shot in his own home for having a pop can in his hand mistaken for a weapon, while the search warrant was issued for the wrong property.

In Jesus' name

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

I have a question for you, bts. Why do you scour the internet to find articles about those in authority abusing power? You almost never post anything else. Do you just hate all authority, are you an anarchist, have you been the victim of such abuse or what? Personally, I don't think it's all that interesting to post on only one subject, 24/7. I'm not trying to be sarcastic either; I simply don't understand your fascination with this stuff. :)

• Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I have a question for you, bts. Why do you scour the internet to find articles about those in authority abusing power? You almost never post anything else. Do you just hate all authority, are you an anarchist, have you been the victim of such abuse or what? Personally, I don't think it's all that interesting to post on only one subject, 24/7. I'm not trying to be sarcastic either; I simply don't understand your fascination with this stuff. :)

I think this is a valid question, buck, and perhaps you would like to take a few minutes to address this issue, as it keeps cropping up in your posts. I've also noticed that the majority of your recent postings have to do with the police, "big brother," etc., basically having to do with authority. You appear to be singling out news reports that specifically deal with authority - police, government, etc., and their negative aspects. Why do you single these stories out as opposed to reports that discuss positive things authority has done?

I think if you address this issue it will cease to become something that crops up in your posts.

Tell us where you are.

:39:

It wasn't the first time the Bowman brothers worked together in their three years as police officers, although it was the first time either had brought someone back from the brink of death.

"What are the chances that we'd be 30 seconds away from where it happened, have the right equipment and know what we're doing?" Justin Bowman said. "And I handled the situation with my bro."

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/09/twice-bles...-team-save-life

:)

I've always lived by the general rule that I should treat others how I wish to be treated.My image and what I say, or more importantly, how i say it, when I'm in that uniform, is what people take away with them. It's their impression of me, PCSOs, the local force, and even the UK police in general.
http://policecommunitysupportofficer.blogspot.com/

Two police officers describe their rescue of an unconscious man in a car engulfed in flames. KCCI's Angie Hunt reports.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6fe_1200726310

Officer C.A. Sames and his partner D.M. Ostertagg were on routine patrol at 25th and Barnett.

Officer Sames approached a man described as "suspicious" to talk to him.

That's when they say the suspect opened fire on Officer Sames hitting him once in the upper part of his body.

The officer is still in serious condition. JSO tells First Coast News that the officer is talking and with his family recovering.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstor...58&catid=15

For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief. Proverbs 24:16

:blink:

• Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

I have a question for you, bts. Why do you scour the internet to find articles about those in authority abusing power? You almost never post anything else. Do you just hate all authority, are you an anarchist, have you been the victim of such abuse or what? Personally, I don't think it's all that interesting to post on only one subject, 24/7. I'm not trying to be sarcastic either; I simply don't understand your fascination with this stuff. :th_praying:

[i think this is a valid question, buck, and perhaps you would like to take a few minutes to address this issue, as it keeps cropping up in your posts. I've also noticed that the majority of your recent postings have to do with the police, "big brother," etc., basically having to do with authority. You appear to be singling out news reports that specifically deal with authority - police, government, etc., and their negative aspects. Why do you single these stories out as opposed to reports that discuss positive things authority has done?

I think if you address this issue it will cease to become something that crops up in your posts.

Tell us where you are.

First, MorningGlory, way to drive people away! Talk about "attack the messenger"!! Where did this tirade of venom come from? Accusation after accusation!! Surely you don't really believe that I "scour the internet" looking for articles that will annoy you? And I do this 24/7?? You really haven't thought this through, have you?

We've been through this before, very recently, and I told you - you could not have failed to understand: I am NOT an anarchist!!!!! And I do NOT "hate" anyone or anything!

And YOU'RE NOT BEING SARCASTIC???? No, of course you're not!

Also you seem to have a very strange definition of the word "authority"! What do you think it means?

________________________________________________________________________________

Now Ovedya, why don't you just read Fresno Joe's post (above) and maybe you won't feel the need to come across as really condesending.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Now Ovedya, why don't you just read Fresno Joe's post (above) and maybe you won't feel the need to come across as really condesending.

I'm really not trying to be condescending, buck, I just want to know where you're at....why you choose to select stories of this nature. The name-calling is unacceptable, however there seems to be a "theme" involved with the responses, wouldn't you say?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Fresno, I really liked reading those, thanks.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  217
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Our society is rotting from the inside out. Unfortunately, that also means that those in authority over us will sometimes, and perhaps often depending on where you are, do something outrageous. Spreading the word when this happens is the duty of free people.

In a world where things worked as they should...

If it is truly an aberration that has happened, the necessary outrage should see to it that it does not happen again. Those in authority would realize that the common man is not going to be quietly abused.

If this is not an aberration, it is evident that at least the vast majority either does not know it is going on, which is what information is supposed to counter, or does not care, which, again, information such as this is to inform those of us who DO care that the majority doesn't or that yet another evil thing has happened.

Some people are drawn to post political action items and political scandals and outrages, that's their bag. Some like to point out heresies. For others, the thing that sets them off is an abuse of power. And still others will point to our moral decline (which is ultimately the cause of all this mess) ad infinitum.

If you take a step back and look at the big picture, It's just another symptom of the way the world is right now. Free nations are letting their freedoms slide away, social mores are being sucked into a black hole and sharia law is seen as a legitimate legal precident in a non muslim nation, and.... periodically those in power abuse it. Why would this shock us? You have pastors abusing the pulpit, politicians abusing their offices, judges abusing their offices. Why wouldn't you find police and the military and other such people abusing their power too?

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Our society is rotting from the inside out. Unfortunately, that also means that those in authority over us will sometimes, and perhaps often depending on where you are, do something outrageous. Spreading the word when this happens is the duty of free people.

In a world where things worked as they should...

If it is truly an aberration that has happened, the necessary outrage should see to it that it does not happen again. Those in authority would realize that the common man is not going to be quietly abused.

If this is not an aberration, it is evident that at least the vast majority either does not know it is going on, which is what information is supposed to counter, or does not care, which, again, information such as this is to inform those of us who DO care that the majority doesn't or that yet another evil thing has happened.

Some people are drawn to post political action items and political scandals and outrages, that's their bag. Some like to point out heresies. For others, the thing that sets them off is an abuse of power. And still others will point to our moral decline (which is ultimately the cause of all this mess) ad infinitum.

If you take a step back and look at the big picture, It's just another symptom of the way the world is right now. Free nations are letting their freedoms slide away, social mores are being sucked into a black hole and sharia law is seen as a legitimate legal precident in a non muslim nation, and.... periodically those in power abuse it. Why would this shock us? You have pastors abusing the pulpit, politicians abusing their offices, judges abusing their offices. Why wouldn't you find police and the military and other such people abusing their power too?

You know Speckles...there are "bad" people out there...and every once in a while a police officer will do something inappropriate or illegal. The problem is...most of the time BTS posts items that are simply untrue, written by alleged reporters, who have a goal of making authority figures look bad. The vast majority of her so-called news pieces are so full of holes that ALL IT TAKES is a simple Google search to find a more thorough and truthful article. Articles that BTS REFUSES to post or acknowledge for reasons that can only be described as profoundly biased against truth.

The other issue is that many people don't understand BASIC law enforcement. They post these outrageous articles without any understanding (or care) about the good men and women they are dragging through the mud for no good reason. Then when someone like me comes along...who is familiar with the topic...and gives a rational thought out explanation of how things work I am insulted and considered like another "bad cop."

I have a record ON THESE FORUMS of speaking out when I see "bad cops" and bad examples in law enforcement. BTS will ONLY post negative anti-law enforcement diatribes and is biased in the extreme. I think Ovedya's questions deserve HONEST answers.