• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Does anyone else have trouble around this time of year? I get irritable with people, and a lot of spiritual activity seems to start up around this house. Anyone else, or am I alone in this. Is there anything particular you do this time of year to keep things under control, and under the hand of Jesus?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I definitely don't like Halloween. It's my daughter's favorite holiday, tho. She gets into decorating and everything, like she does every other holiday.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  217
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

No, I have no problems iwth this time of year. It's a pleeasant change from summer here in Sc, and....

This goody day

It is a gift from You.

The world is turning in its place

because You made it to.

I lift my voice

To sing a song of praise

On this good day.

- Fernando Ortega

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/01/1959

Does anyone else have trouble around this time of year? I get irritable with people, and a lot of spiritual activity seems to start up around this house. Anyone else, or am I alone in this. Is there anything particular you do this time of year to keep things under control, and under the hand of Jesus?

Hey ther. no you are not alone do not like Halloween and do not participate in it my 16 yr. old thinks I am crazy my church holds a Fall festival at that time yearly to get the gospel into the hearts of kids! it draws 500-600 yearly! mary ann :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

I can't say that I know of anyone who "celebrates" all hallows eve but trick-or-treating is something I experienced as a child and can't say I saw any harm in it. Here in Baton Rouge it's become too dangerous for so many children to be running around unattended as we did in my youth. What little trick-or-treating I have seen has been in the more affluent neighborhoods. There are also public events held at churches, malls and the Zoo. Like Christmas, Halloween has become more of a traditional or commercial holiday than a religious celebration.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

I am soooo experiencing heighten spiritual activity in my house. You are not alone in this one. This year it's so much worse since the death of my husband and my issues seemed to have stirred things up beforehand anyway.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

I dont like this "holiday" :thumbsup: I thinks its wrong to celebrate demons. This year I am hoping to put together an alternative celebration for the kids. Our town doesnt allow trick or treating anyway but they do hold a party at the convention center.

What I would like to do is have a party for the kids, they can dress up as a Bible characrter, their favorite animal, or just wear their pjs. I would have a cake walk, hand out candy (which is what the kids like about halloween anyway :thumbsup: ) and play games. Any suggestions for games and/or activities would be appreciated.

• Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I have not experienced anything different other than eating too much left-over candy

• Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I dont like this "holiday" :thumbsup: I thinks its wrong to celebrate demons. This year I am hoping to put together an alternative celebration for the kids. Our town doesnt allow trick or treating anyway but they do hold a party at the convention center.

What I would like to do is have a party for the kids, they can dress up as a Bible characrter, their favorite animal, or just wear their pjs. I would have a cake walk, hand out candy (which is what the kids like about halloween anyway :thumbsup: ) and play games. Any suggestions for games and/or activities would be appreciated.

We do somethintg a little different. We know our neighbors are going to be taking their kids out. We set up a stand in our driveway with Hot dogs and drinks and offer them to the parents who are taking their kids around. We call it Hallow-weeners. When they ask why we are doing it we tell then what church we go to and that we are doing it to serve our neighborhood.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

I can't say that I know of anyone who "celebrates" all hallows eve but trick-or-treating is something I experienced as a child and can't say I saw any harm in it. Here in Baton Rouge it's become too dangerous for so many children to be running around unattended as we did in my youth. What little trick-or-treating I have seen has been in the more affluent neighborhoods. There are also public events held at churches, malls and the Zoo. Like Christmas, Halloween has become more of a traditional or commercial holiday than a religious celebration.

Halloween seems tame to me. However, I have many friends who celebrate Samhain. Samhain is a huge pagan holiday but is nothing like Halloween is celebrated today. Today, Halloween is all about costumes and candy. Seems pretty harmless to me. :thumbsup: