IGNORED

October 31

ColleenLovesMischief

Guest Biblicist
For those who don't celebrate Halloween.

If you're doing something on that night that you don't do any other time of the year, you're celebrating Halloween.

As for myself, it's just another day.

We do something different: we shut off our lights and pretend to be out.

Isn't that kind of like a lie?

It's not kind of a lie, it is a lie.

You are being judgmental again!

It is a deterrent! We don't have to answer the door! And we don't have to be available to kids screaming for candy! We can go down to our family room and watch movies or TV without being bothered. That is not a lie. We have dominion over our home and what we accept and do not accept coming to our door. Only a dummy will come and ring the bell of a darkened house...

Pretending to be something you are not...isn't that what Halloween is all about? It's still a lie.

When I was a kid, darkened houses got egged or had their windows soaped. Not that I would know cause I did it or anything..... :emot-fail:

AAh, I always love these conversations. People either get all legalistic or sarcastic with one another. Division amongh the Brotherhood. BEAUTIFUL!

[Oh, wait, that was sort of sarcastic too wasn't it. :noidea: ]

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I agree that they are all wrong but I personally feel that those who have had past activities in the occult are more spiritually weak during the Samhain season. Maybe there should be more prayer for those of us struggling with real spiritual battles as a result. IMHO.

:emot-fail:

It's all right to praise and worship the Lord, even in your deepest darkness, in your confusion, in your anger, in your fear, in whatever you are facing and feeling.

"Give thanks to the Lord for He is good!

His love endures forever!"

Psalm 46

1God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. 2 Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; 3 Though its waters roar and be troubled, Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah 4 There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God, The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High. 5 God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.

6 The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved; He uttered His voice, the earth melted. 7 The Lord of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah 8 Come, behold the works of the Lord, Who has made desolations in the earth. 9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two; He burns the chariot in the fire. 10 Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! 11 The Lord of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

One of the churches here celebrates all saints day a day early and so all the kids dress up as a Bible character on Halloween and go to the church for an evening of games hotdogs candy and stuff.

As for hiding in your basement Halloween night with all the lights off and watching movies...well, in my opinion that is following the command "Avoid the very appearance of evil..." Nothing wrong with that:>)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

If you're doing something on that night that you don't do any other time of the year, you're celebrating Halloween.

That 's stupid! We don't have to answer the door! And we don't have to be available to kids screaming for candy! We can go down to our family room and watch movies or TV without being bothered. That is not a lie. We have dominion over our home and what we accept and do not accept coming to our door. Only a dummy will come and ring the bell of a darkened house...

Welcome to legalism at it finest. :blink::laugh:

I fail to see legalism. It is legalism to try to restrict my freedom in Christ to not entertain goblins on Hallowe'en.

Give me a break. I don't have to answer a doorbell--ever. I have a right to enjoy a break-free evening. What are you people trying to do? Cause strife over this idiocy? What is the problem here? I wish people would stop that sort of thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

how do you feel about celebrating the Sol Invictus festival?

Isn't that a pagan folk group? (Just curious before answering)

We turn off our lights and dont answer the door either, if we are home. We sort made a family tradition of going out during beggars night.

Perhaps you have chosen to misinterpret a euphemism (pretend not to be home) instead of reading what the act actually would be (turning out the lights and not answering the door, which is not illegal, immoral or deceptive in any way).

how do you feel about celebrating the Sol Invictus festival?

It must be just another day, because I've never heard of it.

most people put up a tree and give presents during it.

:blink:

Ok?

I thought Sol Invictus was a folk band with Odinist lyrics.

Most pagans refer to the holiday about the time of Christmas as Yule...

What is it that causes you not to want to participate in Halloween?

Do you believe it to be an evil day?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

What is it that causes you not to want to participate in Halloween?

Do you believe it to be an evil day?

I don't like it. It has its roots in the occult and so I won't give it any mind. It's not an evil day, but people give in to the pattern of the world by celebrating it, and many evil people celebrate it in evil ways. Even as a child, I was keenly aware of the origins.