• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

I have noticed that (at least it seems to me) many Christians try to ignore the demonic, and the damage that can happen. I was talking to a neighbor earlier, and she found the idea of angles appealing, but the idea of demons was "silly" to her. Mind you she has been a Christian most of her life. This is not the first time I have heard of this silliness either. Seems to me satan has much of the Christian population right where he wants them. In denial of his true existance.

And one the other hand, he has some of the believers who are aware of his existence bound to superstitious behaviours, beliefs and fears.

I have a friend in HS who did not ever shop at a flea market because there could be "demons attached to the clothing", for example. Scripture teaches to test the spirits and see if it be good or evil, to hold fast to that which is good and then to avoid evil. There is nothing evil about clothing gotten from a flea market.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I have noticed that (at least it seems to me) many Christians try to ignore the demonic, and the damage that can happen. I was talking to a neighbor earlier, and she found the idea of angles appealing, but the idea of demons was "silly" to her. Mind you she has been a Christian most of her life. This is not the first time I have heard of this silliness either. Seems to me satan has much of the Christian population right where he wants them. In denial of his true existance.

what bothers me most about halloween is the demonic activity that man does. yes, demons are alive and well 24/7/365, but halloween is a day when real damage is done by real people to real people. and people, christians in particular, tend to turn their heads the other way and pretend it doesn't happen. it does. no amount of sugar-coating, however, can change the facts. you can say all you want that it's just another day (it is) and that kids dressing up in costumes isn't harmful (it's not). but the fact remains that on this day, many people allow themselves to be the puppets of satan.

should christians ignore it? deny it? blend into the crowd and use halloween as a witnessing tool? i don't know what the answer is as far as christians and what to do about halloween. i do know that no other 'holiday' has as much controversy as this one does.

why do you suppose that is? do light and darkness cause a conflict?

yes.

do you suppose that's why the controversy?

ooh, satan likes nothing better than to get christians at each other's throats. he also likes it when christians ignore his antics. when he can do both at the same time--much rejoicing for him in..... well, wherever it is that satan rejoices in!

Good post!

Guest Biblicist

October 31 is Reformation Day? Boy...ya learn something new every day. If you agree with what Luther taught, you should celebrate it then. Candy anyone? :emot-heartbeat:

Reformation Day is a religious holiday celebrated on October 31 in remembrance of the Reformation, particularly by Lutheran and some Reformed church communities. It is a civic holiday in Slovenia (since the Reformation contributed to its cultural development profoundly, although Slovenians are mainly Roman Catholics) and in the German states of Brandenburg, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt, and Thuringia.

Guest Biblicist
i do know that no other 'holiday' has as much controversy as this one does.

Stick around honey, Christmas is coming, and Easter is quick to follow. :emot-heartbeat:

Actually, it depends on the circles you travel in. I've been involved in controversy over Christmas since I married my husband. His extended family is JW and every year that I send a Christmas Card to them, I get a letter....all about the evils of Christmas, the pagan background, the falceties of it. If I sent them an Easter Card, I'd likely get a similar letter.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

October 31 is Reformation Day? Boy...ya learn something new every day. If you agree with what Luther taught, you should celebrate it then. Candy anyone? :emot-heartbeat:

I grew up in a Lutheran church, and I did not know this. :emot-heartbeat:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

October 31 is Reformation Day? Boy...ya learn something new every day. If you agree with what Luther taught, you should celebrate it then. Candy anyone? :mgqueen:

I grew up in a Lutheran church, and I did not know this. :huh:

I had no clue

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I thought it was November 1st?

Guest Biblicist
October 31 is Reformation Day? Boy...ya learn something new every day. If you agree with what Luther taught, you should celebrate it then. Candy anyone? :)

just one more reason for me to despise the day! :emot-handshake:

And why would that be? :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

October 31 is Reformation Day? Boy...ya learn something new every day. If you agree with what Luther taught, you should celebrate it then. Candy anyone? :thumbsup:

just one more reason for me to despise the day! :emot-handshake:

Just because you don't agree with Reformed theology, doesn't mean you have to despise it.

Guest Biblicist
October 31 is Reformation Day? Boy...ya learn something new every day. If you agree with what Luther taught, you should celebrate it then. Candy anyone? :emot-pray:

just one more reason for me to despise the day! :24:

Just because you don't agree with Reformed theology, doesn't mean you have to despise it.

i don't despise reformed theology. i despise things martin luther said, and i wouldn't want to celebrate him in any way!

:24:

How can you despise the things that Martin Luther said? He wrote reformed theology...

Are you sure you are thinking of the right Martin Luther?

Martin Luther My husband and I were married on Luther's wedding anniversary, 464 years later. Not like we planned it that way. :)

Martin Luther King Jr.