Work Attitude

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

:amen::thumbsup: Ok I was asked today at work about an item having price tags to show that we carry it. It is an expensive item which can't be put out for sale or it will be stolen. I told my supervisor that we had not card holders to put out due to we had none in the building. Her reply to me was that "why do you have an excuse for everything?" I simply replied I asked the person who orders them and she is out of them. She stood there staring at me. Since the person was standing nearby I called her. My supervisor told her not to come. She then preceeded to make a light joke out of how many I needed and then left me. As usual I thought no one on this job goes through this or believes a word I tell them. But let me proove I am correct and then I get no apologies. Later my supervisor came back with two stacks of the card holders I needed which means to me she knew where some were the whole time.

Would any one care to comment?

Instead of telling your supervisor there were no card holders in the building, you should have stated what you needed and then asked if she knew where any could be found.

That's what I would've done.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I think I would thank her for the cardholders and remember that we need to "do everything as unto the Lord." God is a better boss than she is. It's nice that we work for him. :vader:

:emot-pray:

:emot-hug:

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you,

and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44

:emot-heartbeat:

:emot-pray:

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

:thumbsup: Thanks Joe!!!!!!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  03/06/1967

:(:emot-hug: Ok I was asked today at work about an item having price tags to show that we carry it. It is an expensive item which can't be put out for sale or it will be stolen. I told my supervisor that we had not card holders to put out due to we had none in the building. Her reply to me was that "why do you have an excuse for everything?" I simply replied I asked the person who orders them and she is out of them. She stood there staring at me. Since the person was standing nearby I called her. My supervisor told her not to come. She then preceeded to make a light joke out of how many I needed and then left me. As usual I thought no one on this job goes through this or believes a word I tell them. But let me proove I am correct and then I get no apologies. Later my supervisor came back with two stacks of the card holders I needed which means to me she knew where some were the whole time.

Would any one care to comment?

Or maybe she just looked in different places for them...or had a new delivery of them that you were not aware of...she might not have known where there was some the whole time just because she came back later with some....there are a myrid of reasons as to why.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/21/1973

Pray that you would always have wisdom when dealing with people. and especially now, with this supervisor of yours. Pray that you would give the appropriate reactions and replies to anything that happens.

God bless you in your work.

Ning

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

Hi paperflower,

I use to work for a company that sounds alot like the one you work for. Whenever something went wrong my name was always somehow connected even if I wasn't at work when it happened or in the department that it happen. I went through a lot there and yet at the same time it taught me to search out God in every situation and in so drew me closer to Him. Ning is right. Pray that you would always have wisdom to deal with every circumstances that may arise. Alway remember that your not working for them, but for our Lord. Jesus has placed you in a situation where you will have to learn to depend fully on Him. Don't forget that your peace comes from Jesus and not them so they can't take it away from you unless you allowed them to. Never forget to pray for them. I will be praying for you as well as for them. :sherlock:

God bless you

Your sister in Christ

Jacqueline