• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I Jn 2:18

18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

(KJV)

I think John's message was simple. The "ye have heard that antichrist shall come" is one phrase, and "even now are there many antichrists" is another phrase. One is singular, and the other is plural. Before an object can be plural, it must first have a singular tense (i.e., before there can be many cookies, there must first be 'a cookie'.) What is especially important, is that John was only reminding them of something they had already heard before. So where did they hear that before?

I believe our Lord's warning which points to who that antichrist that would come was to be...

John 12:30-31

30 Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of Me, but for your sakes.

31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

(KJV)

Jesus said that prior to His crucifixion, and per Hebrews 2:14 the main reason for His crucifixion was so as to defeat the devil and the power of death. I believe the devil was then cast out of this world at Christ's crucifixion, but still able to work on the earth through his evil agents.

John 14:28-30

28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved Me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for My Father is greater than I.

29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in Me.

(KJV)

Then later, our Lord also said the prince of this world cometh, meaning the devil is coming. And He said that in conjunction with His ascending to The Father and thereafter. It points to the identity of the one John was warning about in 1 John 2:18 that they heard must come. Where they first heard antichrist must come was directly from our Lord Jesus, the difference being, Jesus defined it would be the prince of this world for those who were listening.

So that strikes out man's play on numerology about the pope, his office or that of any other man today, and moves that antichrist role to the supernatural, just like Rev.13 warns about the "another beast" that is work miracles in the sight of men on earth.

The idea of "many antichrists" is about the devil's workers. Anyone who has studied their Old Testament should have noted the devil's working against the 'Woman' from which Seed Christ would be born through, and how there have many antichrists setup to try and prevent Christ's birth, even down to the time of Herod. Those workers are the "many antichrists", but not the main antichrist that is to come which both our Lord Jesus and His Apostle John warned about.

Concerning Obama, he's simply another puppet masked by "the establishment". One should note the establishment ties several of his cabinet members have from previous administrations. Lot of globalist thinkers there. That doesn't make Obama the "little horn" of Daniel nor the "another beast" of Revelation 13. He's only a very small part in the overall globalist machine to prepare for the real antichrist that is to come. Just because the Bush administration keeps insisting that the nation of Israel hold off retaliation everytime radical Islam fires a missle at them is not a sign that any western leader is Satan or the antichrist. It's ironical that Islam would even label America as the "great Satan" since our western leaders keep telling Israel to hold off retaliation.

The globalists are still on their peace plan between radical Islam and the nation of Israel existing together with a Palestine state. Instead, they are willing to expend whatever resources we have to make their peace plan for the middleast happen. That's the plan anyone that gets into the whitehouse will also work.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I had the same gut feeling about the possibility that Obama might be the anti-Christ, especially because of his promise of peace and his charisma. Shiloh62

Obviously I am new here, BUT --

It always amazes me how many Americans assume that the Antichrist will be an American.

How could an American President be someone Israel accepts as Messiah ?

(or is there something I'm missing)

blink :thumbsup:

It always amazes me how many Americans assume that the Antichrist will be an American.

:blink:'>blink :b:

Exactly. The scale of deception the final antichrist will do goes beyond the working of past kings like what Nebuchadnezzar did. The coming antichrist must be all to all belief systems in order to pull off the great deception which The Bible declares, like in Rev.13:11 forward. Orthodox Judaism would not accept anyone except one that came in the way of Messiah. Nor would most Christians accept anyone other than one coming in the way of Jesus Christ. Same goes for other religions with their particular religious messiah types. Even to mystics they must see antichrist as a previous incarnation of one of their revered adept masters.

Whatever major crisis happens to wound the one-world government plan by globalists, the antichrist will come to heal it, and have power to heal it. All nations must believe the antichrist can heal the crisis, so what level of power would he require? Certainly not the power the office of President has, nor even the power of the pope. It must be a power beyond all the powers on earth.

Our Lord also said in Matt.24 that we'd hear of wars and rumours of wars, but don't worry for those things must be, but the end is not yet. That means the sign of the end will finish with a type of world peace. In Rev.13:4 we are asked who is able to make war with the beast, which means all the nation's powers will have succumbed to the antichrist, which is how he will establish a false peace like the world has never seen before. Whether physically or spiritually, using peace is how the "little horn" of Daniel is to destroy many. Craft also is to prosper in his hand, which is another sign of that world peace antichrist will weild.

In Rev.11 with God's two witnesses, it's their testimony and working like how God worked through Elijah which will upset that world peace antichrist will bring. The apostle Paul also said in 1 Thess.5:3, "For when they shall say, 'Peace and safety'; then sudden destruction cometh upon them." When the majority of the world start saying that, it means someone will have come to heal the various crisis of globalism, and the world will feel safe. What kind of 'man' could do that?

:blink:'>blink :b:

Exactly. The scale of deception the final antichrist will do goes beyond the working of past kings like what Nebuchadnezzar did. The coming antichrist must be all to all belief systems in order to pull off the great deception which The Bible declares, like in Rev.13:11 forward. Orthodox Judaism would not accept anyone except one that came in the way of Messiah. Nor would most Christians accept anyone other than one coming in the way of Jesus Christ. Same goes for other religions with their particular religious messiah types. Even to mystics they must see antichrist as a previous incarnation of one of their revered adept masters.

Whatever major crisis happens to wound the one-world government plan by globalists, the antichrist will come to heal it, and have power to heal it. All nations must believe the antichrist can heal the crisis, so what level of power would he require? Certainly not the power the office of President has, nor even the power of the pope. It must be a power beyond all the powers on earth.

Our Lord also said in Matt.24 that we'd hear of wars and rumours of wars, but don't worry for those things must be, but the end is not yet. That means the sign of the end will finish with a type of world peace. In Rev.13:4 we are asked who is able to make war with the beast, which means all the nation's powers will have succumbed to the antichrist, which is how he will establish a false peace like the world has never seen before. Whether physically or spiritually, using peace is how the "little horn" of Daniel is to destroy many. Craft also is to prosper in his hand, which is another sign of that world peace antichrist will weild.

In Rev.11 with God's two witnesses, it's their testimony and working like how God worked through Elijah which will upset that world peace antichrist will bring. The apostle Paul also said in 1 Thess.5:3, "For when they shall say, 'Peace and safety'; then sudden destruction cometh upon them." When the majority of the world start saying that, it means someone will have come to heal the various crisis of globalism, and the world will feel safe. What kind of 'man' could do that?

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Check out Newsweek article on 'Is Obama the Antichrist?' at

http://www.newsweek.com/id/169192

• Content Count:  376
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/30/1962

I normally don't post the whole article, but I feel that I needed to with this one.I will post this in the politics politics forum so that more can read it. Sorry for the repetition.

The Anti-Christ And Mr. Obama

This Week's Feature Article by Jack Kelley

Since the election I've been asked a number of times to comment on the likelihood that Mr. Obama could be the anti-Christ. Let me begin by saying that having been elected President he's Mr. Obama now, not just Obama. As for him being the anti-Christ I've discouraged that thought because I don't believe it's time for the anti-Christ to be revealed yet. But apart from that there's no Biblical reason I can find that would absolutely disqualify him. And based on the things we know about the anti-Christ there's a fit in several important places. The anti-Christ will have to burst on the scene quickly and powerfully to accomplish so much in the little time he has, so maybe he'll need a head start. If that's the case, maybe Mr. Obama is on his way to becoming the anti-Christ. Let's find out.

We know that the anti-Christ will be a descendant of the people who made up the Roman Empire in Biblical times (Daniel 9:26), and he'll arrive on the world scene as a peace maker (Daniel 8:25). He won't be part of the world's powerful elite at the beginning of his career (Daniel 7:8) but will rise up among them to eventually surpass them and become the leader of the entire world. (Rev. 13:7-8)

He will cause deceit to prosper, and he will consider himself superior. When they feel secure, he will destroy many and take his stand against the Prince of princes. Yet he will be destroyed, but not by human power. (Daniel 8:25)

This means that he'll base his success on a lie, misrepresenting himself and his intentions, but people will want to believe him so badly that they'll disregard his inconsistencies until it's too late to stop him. Initially he'll seem successful, but just when they're saying "Peace and safety", destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains to a pregnant woman, and they won't escape (1 Thes. 5:3).

Deja Vu All Over Again?

Some of us remember when Jimmy Carter was elected President of the US. The country was fed up with Washington and even though he had no national leadership experience, we elected him because he was an outsider who promised change. He said he would never lie to us, but after the election it turned out that he had. He had misrepresented his background and didn't have the ability he needed when it came to governing. He said he was Christian and even orchestrated a land for peace deal between Israel and Egypt, but he proved to be anti-Israel. Soon we had a crisis in finance with interest rates at 20%, an energy crisis with our first gas shortages, and an administration that didn't know how to work with Congress to fix things. The Iranians captured our embassy and held our citizens hostage. Thankfully he lasted only one term.

Mr. Obama could easily turn out to be just another Jimmy Carter, and if so America will suffer through the next four years and then he'll be gone. But if he continues to be successful in convincing people all around the world that he's on the right track even though everything seems to be falling apart, it could be a different story.

If my calculations are correct, American Christians have just voted in our last presidential elections and won't be here to see if Mr. Obama turns out to be the anti-Christ or not. But someone with a lot more experience in accurately predicting the future has some interesting insight into the next few years. His name is Gerald Celente, CEO of Trends Research Institute, and he's renowned the world over for his accuracy in predicting future world and economic events. He accurately predicted the 1987 Stock market crash, the Fall of the Soviet Union, the 1997 Asian currency collapse, the sub-prime mortgage crisis, and one year before the fact predicted what he said would become known as the Panic of 2008, saying that giants would tumble to their deaths, which is what we've just seen in the fall of several of our oldest and biggest financial firms, and with the big three auto makers teetering on the brink. (You can check his track record for yourself at www.trendsresearch.com )

Celente is now forecasting revolution in America, food riots and tax rebellions - all within four years, cautioning that putting food on the table will be a more pressing concern than buying Christmas gifts by 2012.

According to his recent Fox News interview, called "Predicting Obama's Impact" (posted on YouTube on Nov. 10, 2008), by 2012 America will have become an undeveloped nation. There will be a revolution marked by food riots, squatter rebellions, tax revolts and job marches, and holidays will be more about obtaining food than gifts.

"We're going to see the end of the retail Christmas

• Content Count:  376
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/30/1962

I normally don't post the whole article, but I feel that I needed to with this one.I will post this in the politics politics forum so that more can read it. Sorry for the repetition.

The Anti-Christ And Mr. Obama

This Week's Feature Article by Jack Kelley

Since the election I've been asked a number of times to comment on the likelihood that Mr. Obama could be the anti-Christ. Let me begin by saying that having been elected President he's Mr. Obama now, not just Obama. As for him being the anti-Christ I've discouraged that thought because I don't believe it's time for the anti-Christ to be revealed yet. But apart from that there's no Biblical reason I can find that would absolutely disqualify him. And based on the things we know about the anti-Christ there's a fit in several important places. The anti-Christ will have to burst on the scene quickly and powerfully to accomplish so much in the little time he has, so maybe he'll need a head start. If that's the case, maybe Mr. Obama is on his way to becoming the anti-Christ. Let's find out.

We know that the anti-Christ will be a descendant of the people who made up the Roman Empire in Biblical times (Daniel 9:26), and he'll arrive on the world scene as a peace maker (Daniel 8:25). He won't be part of the world's powerful elite at the beginning of his career (Daniel 7:8) but will rise up among them to eventually surpass them and become the leader of the entire world. (Rev. 13:7-8)

He will cause deceit to prosper, and he will consider himself superior. When they feel secure, he will destroy many and take his stand against the Prince of princes. Yet he will be destroyed, but not by human power. (Daniel 8:25)

This means that he'll base his success on a lie, misrepresenting himself and his intentions, but people will want to believe him so badly that they'll disregard his inconsistencies until it's too late to stop him. Initially he'll seem successful, but just when they're saying "Peace and safety", destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains to a pregnant woman, and they won't escape (1 Thes. 5:3).

Deja Vu All Over Again?

Some of us remember when Jimmy Carter was elected President of the US. The country was fed up with Washington and even though he had no national leadership experience, we elected him because he was an outsider who promised change. He said he would never lie to us, but after the election it turned out that he had. He had misrepresented his background and didn't have the ability he needed when it came to governing. He said he was Christian and even orchestrated a land for peace deal between Israel and Egypt, but he proved to be anti-Israel. Soon we had a crisis in finance with interest rates at 20%, an energy crisis with our first gas shortages, and an administration that didn't know how to work with Congress to fix things. The Iranians captured our embassy and held our citizens hostage. Thankfully he lasted only one term.

Mr. Obama could easily turn out to be just another Jimmy Carter, and if so America will suffer through the next four years and then he'll be gone. But if he continues to be successful in convincing people all around the world that he's on the right track even though everything seems to be falling apart, it could be a different story.

If my calculations are correct, American Christians have just voted in our last presidential elections and won't be here to see if Mr. Obama turns out to be the anti-Christ or not. But someone with a lot more experience in accurately predicting the future has some interesting insight into the next few years. His name is Gerald Celente, CEO of Trends Research Institute, and he's renowned the world over for his accuracy in predicting future world and economic events. He accurately predicted the 1987 Stock market crash, the Fall of the Soviet Union, the 1997 Asian currency collapse, the sub-prime mortgage crisis, and one year before the fact predicted what he said would become known as the Panic of 2008, saying that giants would tumble to their deaths, which is what we've just seen in the fall of several of our oldest and biggest financial firms, and with the big three auto makers teetering on the brink. (You can check his track record for yourself at www.trendsresearch.com )

Celente is now forecasting revolution in America, food riots and tax rebellions - all within four years, cautioning that putting food on the table will be a more pressing concern than buying Christmas gifts by 2012.

According to his recent Fox News interview, called "Predicting Obama's Impact" (posted on YouTube on Nov. 10, 2008), by 2012 America will have become an undeveloped nation. There will be a revolution marked by food riots, squatter rebellions, tax revolts and job marches, and holidays will be more about obtaining food than gifts.

"We're going to see the end of the retail Christmas

• 3 weeks later...

As already mentioned, the Antichrist will be a Roman and according to Daniel, his kingdom is the second phase of the Roman Empire. Therefore I do not believe Obama fits the pattern of the AntiChrist.

I tend to place this theory on the same level as the one that said the Gorbachev's birthmark was the mark of the beast.

There's no Biblical proof that the antichrist will come from Rome. That's mere speculation based on belief of a revived Roman empire, while the Book of Daniel does not show the old Roman empire will be revived. Ellen White believed that idea and made it popular with a lot of folks. It was a belief of the early Church because of their persecution by Rome, so they thought the antichrist prophecy was coming true in their days. It didn't. But some still hold onto that belief which is outdated.

The closest Biblical blueprint for the antichrist was Antiochus Epiphanes of SYRIA. He fulfilled the Daniel blueprint of the "vile person" in Jerusalem almost to a tee. The prophecy did not complete with him though (165 - 170 B.C.), and, our Lord Jesus gave the warning of the "abomination of desolation" from Daniel much later, after Antiochus had long been dead.

Also, per OT scripture, God uses the prophetic titles of "the Assyrian" and "the king of Babylon" for the final antichrist (Isaiah 14). That again gives the most probability that antichrist will come from the area of Syria.