angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Why did God not forgive him and gave King Saul another chance?

24 Then Saul said to Samuel, "I have sinned. I violated the LORD's command and your instructions. I was afraid of the people and so I gave in to them. 25 Now I beg you, forgive my sin and come back with me, so that I may worship the LORD."

26 But Samuel said to him, "I will not go back with you. You have rejected the word of the LORD, and the LORD has rejected you as king over Israel

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

God knows the difference between true repentance and lip service. Saul never really repented.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,773
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/27/1957

In a nutshell? It simply wasn't in GOD's plan. HE knew the type of man HE had chosen for Israel. It was a punishment for rejecting GOD as ruler of the nation.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.51
  • Days Won:  3

Moved to general discussion.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

If you notice what Saul was doing in his responses to having been confronted: first he acted like he did nothing wrong (when he greeted Samuel), second he blame-shifted ("the men" wanted to keep the animals...), then third he justified his actions by claiming the disobedience was for the sake of worshiping the Lord.

In other words, Saul didn't repent. As the quote goes, he was like the thief who was sorry he got caught.

Make sense?

In a nutshell? It simply wasn't in GOD's plan. HE knew the type of man HE had chosen for Israel. It was a punishment for rejecting GOD as ruler of the nation.

Its amazing to see how the Holy Spirit came and left a person again, all the people wanted was a King instead of letting God be King........look at the world situation and what do we see-history repeating itself!

24 Then Saul said to Samuel, "I have sinned. I violated the LORD's command and your instructions. I was afraid of the people and so I gave in to them. 25 Now I beg you, forgive my sin and come back with me, so that I may worship the LORD."

26 But Samuel said to him, "I will not go back with you. You have rejected the word of the LORD, and the LORD has rejected you as king over Israel

If I remember correctly, Saul asked Samuel to pray FOR him, instead of repenting for himself.

If I remember correctly, Saul asked Samuel to pray FOR him, instead of repenting for himself.

Yes you are right, often people who start humble in the Lord will become so full of themself with pride :(

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  18

G-d who knows the heart did not reject Saul the person, (Saul could have repented and sought G-d and been forgiven).

The L-rd rejected Saul from being king because he had turned back from following G-d, and did not carry out the commands of G-d.

This Saul who was himself a giant among the men of Israel and stood approximately a foot taller than anyone else...this Saul who was so big on the outside, was originally so small on the inside (like an inverted tardis)...he actually hid amongst the baggage when Samuel was looking to anoint him king over Israel...he even admitted he came from the smallest tribe of Benjamin, and that his family, was the least of all the families of the tribe of Benjamin...in other words he was a humble guy...but something happened to change him.( 1 Sam 9:21)

We see Saul becoming headstrong, and taking the law into his own hands, and finally in a gross act of disobedience defying the One who chose him to be the king that Israel so desperately demanded....his whole attitude has become one of taking the word of the L-rd lightly, and has been said...he now paid lip-service to G-d, but his heart was somewhere else.

This initially humble man, is seen going to Carmel and like the heathen, erecting a stele (monument) to himself...and it really is a graphic example of his problem..arrogant, self-centered and disobedient. (1 Sam 15:12)

King David...the king after G-ds own heart, like Saul was judged and suffered the consequences of his very evident sins, but he embraced the justice of G-d, gave glory to G-d, sought His mercy and sincerely repented of his wickedness and disobedience....he was prepared to change, and make his ways align with G-ds ways...evidently G-d knew Saul would not.

G-d who knows the heart did not reject Saul the person, (Saul could have repented and sought G-d and been forgiven).

The L-rd rejected Saul from being king because he had turned back from following G-d, and did not carry out the commands of G-d.

This Saul who was himself a giant among the men of Israel and stood approximately a foot taller than anyone else...this Saul who was so big on the outside, was originally so small on the inside (like an inverted tardis)...he actually hid amongst the baggage when Samuel was looking to anoint him king over Israel...he even admitted he came from the smallest tribe of Benjamin, and that his family, was the least of all the families of the tribe of Benjamin...in other words he was a humble guy...but something happened to change him.( 1 Sam 9:21)

We see Saul becoming headstrong, and taking the law into his own hands, and finally in a gross act of disobedience defying the One who chose him to be the king that Israel so desperately demanded....his whole attitude has become one of taking the word of the L-rd lightly, and has been said...he now paid lip-service to G-d, but his heart was somewhere else.

This initially humble man, is seen going to Carmel and like the heathen, erecting a stele (monument) to himself...and it really is a graphic example of his problem..arrogant, self-centered and disobedient. (1 Sam 15:12)

King David...the king after G-ds own heart, like Saul was judged and suffered the consequences of his very evident sins, but he embraced the justice of G-d, gave glory to G-d, sought His mercy and sincerely repented of his wickedness and disobedience....he was prepared to change, and make his ways align with G-ds ways...evidently G-d knew Saul would not.

I was going to post that too that David sinned and truly repented from his sin, you know what I noticed too, that God send Saul a tormenting spirit, which was like a demonic attack, this made me wonder so many people these days have mental sickness, could some of it be demonic too? I know sickness is notfrom God, He allows it too happen but would He ever send tormenting spirits to a Christian who's back slidden? I know this is a deep question and I do Ibelieve if you are truly born again you are saved forever but I quess God can use anything to draw us back to Him .I know if a person is born again Gods Spirit lives in that person and there wouldn't be any room for demons .

In the O.T. the Spirit came and left a person, thank God the Holy Spirit is here in our heart to stay if we are born again, He promised never too leave us :soapbox: We can try to walk away from God, but He woudn't let us because the price He paid to buy us back was too high!!