• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

Saul was constantly disobedient. He always made excuses for his behavior and blamed others. When he asked Samuel to return with him his real concern was his image...he was worried how it would look to others, he wasn't repentant.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This Saul who was himself a giant among the men of Israel and stood approximately a foot taller than anyone else...this Saul who was so big on the outside, was originally so small on the inside (like an inverted tardis)...he actually hid amongst the baggage when Samuel was looking to anoint him king over Israel...he even admitted he came from the smallest tribe of Benjamin, and that his family, was the least of all the families of the tribe of Benjamin...in other words he was a humble guy...but something happened to change him.( 1 Sam 9:21)

I wonder - was he humble? Or did he have a low self-esteem?

I tend to believe the latter, because low self-esteem (insecurity) is the flip side of pride. His actions are consistent with an insecure person - from believing to be a nobody to self-exaltation in order to secure his self-worth found in his position. The "change" was that the other side of the coin flipped over. :soapbox:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

This Saul who was himself a giant among the men of Israel and stood approximately a foot taller than anyone else...this Saul who was so big on the outside, was originally so small on the inside (like an inverted tardis)...he actually hid amongst the baggage when Samuel was looking to anoint him king over Israel...he even admitted he came from the smallest tribe of Benjamin, and that his family, was the least of all the families of the tribe of Benjamin...in other words he was a humble guy...but something happened to change him.( 1 Sam 9:21)

I wonder - was he humble? Or did he have a low self-esteem?

I tend to believe the latter, because low self-esteem (insecurity) is the flip side of pride. His actions are consistent with an insecure person - from believing to be a nobody to self-exaltation in order to secure his self-worth found in his position. The "change" was that the other side of the coin flipped over. :24:

Probably a bit of both...Saul was shown to be a caring, brave and obedient man at first, and leaned wholly on Samuel and the word of the L-rd for his support..it must have been a bit of a pain for him to stick out so much in a crowd, when all he wanted was a normal life...I have a cousin just under 7 feet tall, and everyone stares all the time...makes you very self-conscious, and I think Saul at first just saw himself as a normal person, and no one special.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

But could Samuel show himself after he was dead? Its nowhere else in the Bible that people showing themself to earthly people this way,does the bible not teach that if a person died he dead and there is no way back to earth...............

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Moses and Elijah came back to Earth, recall? (And we know Moses did die.)

I tend to believe that God sent Samuel back in the same manner.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Why did God not forgive him and gave King Saul another chance?

24 Then Saul said to Samuel, "I have sinned. I violated the LORD's command and your instructions. I was afraid of the people and so I gave in to them. 25 Now I beg you, forgive my sin and come back with me, so that I may worship the LORD."

26 But Samuel said to him, "I will not go back with you. You have rejected the word of the LORD, and the LORD has rejected you as king over Israel

Hi 'angels4u'

Saul, who was in God's favour and who had the Holy Spirit, lost that favour and was destroyed because of sin (1 Chron. 10:13-14). He committed suicide and must be lost, for no murderer has eternal life (1 Sam. 28:7-25; 31:1-6; 1 John 3:15; Gal. 5:19-21). To argue that Saul was never a saved man is to demonstrate a lack of Bible truth. "God gave Saul another heart . . . and the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied (1 Sam. 10:9-13). If this was not an experience of the saved man then it was nothing at all. It is also recorded how the Spirit of God LEFT HIM WHEN HE SINNED (1 Sam. 16:12-23). Saul went into spiritualism and God said He would cut off the man who did this (Lev. 19:31; 20:6; Deut. 18:11). He was a very humble and godley man to begin with, but he did not end in this way (1 Sam. 10:21-24).

In the end, he committed suicide and must be lost, for no murderer has eternal life (1 Sam. 28:7-25; 31:1-6; 1 John 3:15; Gal. 5:19-21).

Haz.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

:taped::taped::th_praying:

In the last three posts we have somehow gone from Sauls character and G-ds judgment on him...to life after death....to eternal security/damnation... :huh: Maybe a couple of the posts got muddled?