angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

When Samuel met Saul after meeting with a Seer , Samuel talked to Saul and told him what was going to happen, Saul commited a sin by going to a seer, we know the story..........................could people in the O.T. come back after they died when they were called up by a seer??

:soapbox:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

We know for sure that on this one occasion God miraculously permitted the actual spirit of Samuel to speak to Saul and announce Saul's imminent death. (I Sam 28:12;19) Beyond this one example I cannot think of another story involving a witch summoning the dead.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I've heard many interpretations of what happened with this.

But one thing you need to consider...

That the witch was afraid when Samuel appeared was evidence that what she saw was not what she expected to see.

And when she saw Samuel, somehow she knew that the man who came to see her was Saul.

God clearly allowed saul to speak to samuel through a seer. most people think that this was an isolated miracle. i disagree. i believe it was an isolated incident where God allowed it, (but not an isolated incident of it happening without God's permission)... and saul's message wasn't a joyous one. there was another occasion where some of the apostles saw moses and elijah, after they were dead, but they did not have any personal contact with them... they just witnessed it.

so i firmly believe that this is clear and biblical evidence of.... "ghosts", as most people would refer to them. however, over and over scripture warns believers about trying to communicate with the dead. and the fact that scripture so clearly indicates we are forbidden to make contact with the dead is further evidence that it is possible to do so.... but i believe in most instances where people think they are communicating with ghosts, it is actually a demon doing an impersonation.

in any case, no matter how ya slice it, it's off limits for christians.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

God clearly allowed saul to speak to samuel through a seer. most people think that this was an isolated miracle. i disagree. i believe it was an isolated incident where God allowed it, (but not an isolated incident of it happening without God's permission)... and saul's message wasn't a joyous one. there was another occasion where some of the apostles saw moses and elijah, after they were dead, but they did not have any personal contact with them... they just witnessed it.

so i firmly believe that this is clear and biblical evidence of.... "ghosts", as most people would refer to them. however, over and over scripture warns believers about trying to communicate with the dead. and the fact that scripture so clearly indicates we are forbidden to make contact with the dead is further evidence that it is possible to do so.... but i believe in most instances where people think they are communicating with ghosts, it is actually a demon doing an impersonation.

hmm interesting, I believe too that God allowed it ones as I know and know its a big NO NO for people to even dig in this, but I believe even if they would go into the occult it would NOT happen and the moders seer or whoever can NEVER talk to anybody who is dead.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1967

I am in absolute complete agreement with LadyCs post. Particularly the bit about demons... :24:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

I completely agree with this, demons have been around for so long how could they not know what has taken place and who better to know about our departed loved ones? I have a friend who believes in ghosts but thankfully he now sees just how these 'ghosts' operate.