• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/21/1963

This is not about tearing down the charismatics. This is for those that are suffering within the charismatic churches. I am not charismatic whatsoever so don't feel that I will jump all over you for having doubts or misgivings about the charismatic churches or its teachings. Proof? Read this link:

An email from "A Disillusioned Charismatic - Am I Alone???"

Now some of you may be suffering in other ways; physically, mentally, and or spiritually.

Some of you may be feeling condemned or alienated by others in the charismatic churches for the absence of certain gifts.

Some of you may be thinking that you are not His, and so you are ready to abandon your faith in Jesus Christ: DON'T! Do not allow anything to turn you away from the simplicity of the Gospel that is in Jesus Christ. Trust in Jesus and all His promises to you so you may rest in Him. Forget about all those other invitations given to go after the Holy Spirit as if more is needed. Just continue to rest in Jesus that you are His for you are complete in Him when you came to Him, thus no more hungering nor thirsting after God or more of God.

Ephesians 1:12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. 15Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

Colossians 2:5For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. 6As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 18And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Matthew 9:17Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

Galatians 3:14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith....26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 11: 1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.....6But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

John 6: 35And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Matthew 11:28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

John 5: 39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

That is why there are no invitations to go after the Holy Spirit because it is by coming to and believing in Jesus that we have received the promise of the Spirit and that is by faith, not by sight.

John 3:6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Again, the invitation which is the commandment given to receive the promise of the Spirit by faith.

John 14: 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.... 15If ye love me, keep my commandments. 16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

That is why we can rest in Jesus when we came to Him. For believers to avoid false prophets and false spirits, the warning is given as it repeats the commandment of His invitation.

Matthew 7: 13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. 15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

How to avoid false prophets and the hype of the latest movement of the "spirit"?

Luke 13:24Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber..... 7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. 10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Jesus is Your Good Shepherd. That is Whom the indwelling Holy Spirit is pointing us to: our first love.

1 Peter 2:24Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 25For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

1 Timothy 2: 5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Hebrews 4:1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. 3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world..... 9There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

12For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

This is a reminder of the simplicity of the Gospel in Jesus Christ the Lord, Our Bridegroom. Keep your eyes on Him for He will be appearing soon. What better way to rest in Him and His promises to us?

John 6: 28Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

For those suffering within the charismatic churches, feel free to share, but by His grace, I hope you know that I am merely reminding you of your first love so you will not abandon your faith in Him.

For those not suffering within the charismatic churches, you need not reply.

There appears to be a problem within the charismatic doctrine.

Don't you think that's something that should be addressed?

Or do we all just stick our head in the sand and pretend it's not happening?

There appears to be a problem within the charismatic doctrine.

Don't you think that's something that should be addressed?

Or do we all just stick our head in the sand and pretend it's not happening?

If I address the apostasy directly: those that see nothing wrong with it will be offended, and the thread will be gone. I will be seen as divisive and not building up.

So what choice do I have but to give the call out to those that suffer within the Charismatic churches to respond as the thread applies to those that suffer? That way, the Lord may tend to those that are being turned away from Him as He enables me to post that which reminds them of their first love, and why the Gospel has to be simple so that God gets the glory through Jesus Christ the Lord by Whom even little children can come to Him and trust in Him so they too, can rest in Him.

If you can start a thread that will not get deleted, please let me know, and God be willing, He shall enable me to edify by the scriptures of what is not the Gospel of Jesus Christ so that they may obey the commandment given in how they are to approach God the Father... and that is ONLY through the Son. Jesus is the means by which we enter into that New Covenant and the means by which we stay in that New Covenant. Any other invitation is a work of iniquity that acts as a thief and turns believers away from their rest in Him.

This thread is for those that suffer, and may the Lord restore them to the path of righteousness for His name's sake.

Do You Trust God?

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

Even To Save?

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

And To Sanctify?

For we are his workmanship,

created in Christ Jesus unto good works,

which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

Your Brother?

Quench not the Spirit.

Despise not prophesyings.

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21

Or Will You Turn To Other Folk To Teach You How To "Love" Your Family?

Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked,

thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things,

endureth all things. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

:emot-pinochio:

Mr. Ambassador, It's Your Choice Which Kingdom You Will Represent

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Love, Your Brother Joe

Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips. Psalms 141:3

Do You Trust God?

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

Even To Save?

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

And To Sanctify?

For we are his workmanship,

created in Christ Jesus unto good works,

which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

Your Brother?

Quench not the Spirit.

Despise not prophesyings.

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21

Or Will You Turn To Other Folk To Teach You How To "Love" Your Family?

Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked,

thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things,

endureth all things. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

:emot-pinochio:

Mr. Ambassador, It's Your Choice Which Kingdom You Will Represent

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Love, Your Brother Joe

Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips. Psalms 141:3

Did not Jesus warned of false prophets? Are they not scattering the flock from Him? If not, then no one will be needing this edification if they are resting in Jesus, right?

Matthew 18: 12How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? 13And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. 14Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish. 15Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

2 Thessalonians 3:1Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: 2And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. 3But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil. 4And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you. 5And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ. 6Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. 7For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you; ........14And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

2 Timothy 4:1I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. 3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. 6For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

If those that see nothing wrong in the charismatic churches, then why should anyone bother if this thread serves as a safety net for any that may be turned away from Him?

Let the Lord be the Good Shepherd He is in tending to the straying sheep. By His grace, I shall not defend any church nor the works therein but the faith in Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

poorinspirit, I must ask what is the agenda here? First a polite way of coming against the charasmatic denomination the one on the catholics.

I would have to say that all christians, regardless of their affiliation, become disallusioned at one point of their walk or another. For some it may last only a moment for another quite a bit longer. No denomination is perfect and all have error in their teaching somewhere, as long as man is trying to decipher or teach the Word there will be some error as we are all human and miss the mark in one area or another.

The Word tells us to fight the good fight of faith... meaning we must always contend to hold fast to the saving arms of Jesus Christ because the enemy goes around as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.

We can uphold, edify, exhort and reach out to the hurting without bashing other denominations. I may not agree with every other denomination out there, doesn't mean I believe them herectical or false prophets. And I can still hold up and edify my brothers and sisters with only the Word of God without coming against a particular denomination.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/20/1956

poorinspirit, I must ask what is the agenda here? First a polite way of coming against the charasmatic denomination the one on the catholics.

I would have to say that all christians, regardless of their affiliation, become disallusioned at one point of their walk or another. For some it may last only a moment for another quite a bit longer. No denomination is perfect and all have error in their teaching somewhere, as long as man is trying to decipher or teach the Word there will be some error as we are all human and miss the mark in one area or another.

The Word tells us to fight the good fight of faith... meaning we must always contend to hold fast to the saving arms of Jesus Christ because the enemy goes around as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.

We can uphold, edify, exhort and reach out to the hurting without bashing other denominations. I may not agree with every other denomination out there, doesn't mean I believe them herectical or false prophets. And I can still hold up and edify my brothers and sisters with only the Word of God without coming against a particular denomination.

Amen Stacey

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  376
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/30/1962

what about john the baptist? he didnt do any miricals yet was the greatest among the prophets ,,, i cant remember anything about him speaking tounges or nothing ,,, just that he was full of the holyghost and was a wittness to the light ,,, thats was it ,,, and he preached and baptised ppl ,,, then he asked jesus like one time if he was the christ right ??? his doubt maybe ??? then he got his head cut off ,,, probably preaching the whole time even as they were swinging the axe ... thats faith in my eyes straight up ,,, arrow

If a particular denomenation preaches that "if you do not speak in tongues, you do not have the Holy Spirit, and thus you are not saved" and the one scattered from Jesus is because of that church labelled as a charismatic, then you should appreciate the safety net thrown out there for those that are being turned away from Jesus because of it. Those scattered from Him will be done so by the brand of church and so one must reach out to those that believe they are not His because of lacking certain gifts by the brand of church doing so. I know that not all chrismatic churches teaches that, but those scattered will not know that.

Thus the necessity of pointing back to the simplicity of the Gospel by tearing down the "extra" they feel they have failed in coming to the Lord by. By His garce, I shall maintain that there is only One Way in approaching God the Father.. and that is through the Son.

1 Corinthians 2:2 should be the basis for all fellowship... not a tarmac for offering invitations to the Holy Spirit to get more of when He is already in us as promised for coming to Jesus so we can rest in Him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

This is one of the most mature posts I have seen at Worthy. Thank you sister Stacey. :)

Peace,

Dave