Sign in to follow this  
InfoCentral

Low Carb Stir-Fry

Guest LadyC

if you don't add the noodles, the stir fry will be naturally low in carbs. if you must have noodles, i hear people talk about spaghetti squash as a substitute for pasta, but i hate squash so you won't see me trying it.

i found this recipe on cooks.com for maple syrup. don't ask me where the maple is.

SUGAR-FREE MAPLE SYRUP

1 c. frozen apple juice concentrate

1 or more tbsp. apple flavoring

2 packets of Equal

1/2 c. water with 1 tsp. cornstarch dissolved

1 tbsp. butter (optional)

Boil everything together. Cool and serve on waffles, pancakes, etc. Keep refrigerated or can be frozen.

(i buy mrs. butterworth's sugar free syrup myself, it's the BEST!)

i found this recipe on cooks.com for maple syrup. don't ask me where the maple is.

Thanks, but what I was after was a stir-fry syrup (i.e. orange chicken). I'm thinking if I can get a base syrup I can add the food extract of my choice.

Guest LadyC

you could try this one. da vinci syrups are available at netrition.com, but i've also seen them at albertsons in the diet area.

Orange Chicken Stir Fry Ingredients:

3 chicken breasts, cut into strips

1 tbsp olive oil

1/2 cup water

1/4 cup DaVinci orange syrup*

1 tsp guar gum

salt and pepper

1/4 tsp ground ginger

1/4 cup soy sauce

3/4 cup red pepper, chopped

1/4 cup onion, chopped

1 cup bok choy, shredded

Heat oil in pan.

Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and ginger and saut

You hit the nail on the head. It was orange chicken I was in the market for making. I placed an order from netrition (my first) but I didn't order that syrup. I guess with the next order I'll give it a whirl. Thanks...

Guest LadyC

when looking for low-carb recipes, you'll find more results on google if you use "sugar free", "low sugar", or (my favorite) "diabetic" in place of low carb.

i used to do a lot of ordering from netrition, until albertsons started carrying a lot of the same items.

let me know how the orange chicken turns out, i may try the recipe if you give it a good review!

Sign in to follow this