• Birthday:  09/20/1965

Astralis,

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest astralis
Astralis,

Are you disagreeing with the church? I thought that wasn't possible.

Citing teachings dating back to the Second Vatican Council, and statements by Pope John Paul II throughout his papacy, the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops declared unequivocally that the biblical covenant between Jews and God is valid and therefore Jews do not need to be saved through faith in Jesus.

The document actually does promote the evangelization of Jews as individuals, as shown by the following quote:

"The Catholic Church must always evangelize and will always witness to its faith in the presence of God's kingdom in Jesus Christ to Jews and to all other people. In so doing, the Catholic Church respects fully the principles of religious freedom and freedom of conscience, so that sincere individual converts from any tradition or people, including the Jewish people, will be welcomed and accepted."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I have not been able to read the whole document yet, its about 75 typed pages   :angel:

But, this is a great example of how the media takes something and only reports half truths confusing all who hear it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

.....and the next paragraph

"However, it now recognizes that Jews are also called by God to prepare the world for God's kingdom. Their witness to the kingdom ... must not be curtailed by seeking the conversion of the Jewish people to Christianity."

Hmm....I'm sure you didn't intentionally leave that out.

Roman Catholic Reflections

At the present moment in this process of renewal, the subjects of covenant and mission have come to the forefront. Nostra Aetate initiated this thinking by citing Romans 11:28-29 and describing the Jewish people as "very dear to God, for the sake of the patriarchs, since God does not take back the gifts he bestowed or the choice he made."i John Paul II has explicitly taught that Jews are "the people of God of the Old Covenant, never revoked by God,"ii "the present-day people of the covenant concluded with Moses,"iii and "partners in a covenant of eternal love which was never revoked."iv

Apparently, I agree with them and you don't. (on some things

:angel: )

Guest mcfly361

Jews do need to be saved. In the modern world we have become too dependent on politically correct theology. Although there is no need to target different religions for hate, there is nothing wrong with wanting to save the souls of non-Christians. Jesus died so that we may be saved, and this is even an affirmation one must make for baptism or confirmation of various versions of Christianity. Otherwise, God would not have put his only son on Earth to be crucified. Wanting to save jews is not done out of hate, it is done out of love.