• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  698
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Greetings and Blessings ~

We know that Holy Communion originated from the Last Supper that Jesus The Christ celebrated with His Disciples.

I have found there are churches that celebrate communion everyday of the week.Some celebrate it only on Sundays, some a couple times a month and some a couple times a year.

Is there any place in the Bible that states Communion be taken regularly? Or monthly, or yearly?

If one can go to Jesus The Christ in Prayer and ask for forgiveness and doesn't have access to communion, are you still forgiven?

I try to see myself as a Saint not as a sinner.

Telling ones self your a sinner, makes it easier

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Communion is something we do "in rememberance" of the sacrafice Christ made for us on the cross.  The bible doesn't say how often we are to do it-but does say, when you do it, do it in rememberence of Me. (Luke 22:19) Our church has communion once a month, but I think the early church did it every time they came together.  Communion is like baptism, in that it doesn't make one more saved, but it is a reminder to us of the sacrafice that was made for our souls.  We are to partake of communion only if we are a blood bought child of God, and in prayerful thanksgiving of His love.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

:)

Correct-amundo!

We also have communion once a month, on the last Wednesday evening of the month. We are a seeker-oriented church, and Wednesdays are deeper Bible-study times, mostly for us BELIEVERS, so we do our communion then so the seekers won't feel weird or left out or confused. :angel:

People don't tend to come to The Brook (wedneday service) unless they are saved.

This is the one thing on which my beliefs lie closer to the CC than the protestant view--when I take communion I feel Christ INSIDE me. I feel the holy Spirit all over me. I tend to believe that Christ is manifested in the bread and wine. That it really IS His body and blood. It's very sobering and humbling and fills me with love and gratitude! :inlove:

Guest kinnear

Snowdove,

as you correctly observe different churches have a variety of ideas as to how often they should keep Communion, the Lord's Supper etc (even a variety of names

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

If you repent of your sins to the Father (only He can forgive sins) you are forgiven and your sins are washed white as snow. The bible tells us this several times.

I don't believe the bible states that you must participate in communion every time you go to worhip services.

I have worship services every day in my home - reading and studying His Word and singing and praising Him.

Guest InHisLove
when I take communion I feel Christ INSIDE me. I feel the holy Spirit all over me. I tend to believe that Christ is manifested in the bread and wine. That it really IS His body and blood. It's very sobering and humbling and fills me with love and gratitude!

God bless you FHA!   :inlove:

Guest InHisLove
your sins are washed white as snow. The bible tells us this several times.

Hi Missy...I was searching in my bible and can't find where the scriptures tell us that our sins are washed "white as snow".  Could you please help me so I know where these verses are?  

God bless.  :inlove:

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I'm not Missy, but I can tell you that Isa. 1:8 tells us that "though our sins are as scarlet, they will be washed white as snow".

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

:angel: Amen, BHG!