IGNORED

Am I going to the right church?

precious child, i think you should not worry. i think God was directing you to seek out a church instead of sitting around twiddling your thumbs waiting for Him to bring a church to you! and i think that just as God directed you to google nearby churches, God will direct you to stay with that one or to keep looking til you find the right one.

i feel very strongly about this. when we wait for christians to show up in our life and direct us to a church to go to, then why are we joining that church? for our FRIENDS, but NOT for our Lord. and if you kept waiting on God to bring friends that would take you to their church, and God wasn't bringing them around, He's probably got a very good reason for it!

take your time as you find a church. pray for God to make it clear to you where He wants you. the church you join should be one where you are getting spiritually fed from the word of God. if you aren't getting fed at this church or that, keep looking til you do. and don't stay in any church just cuz you met a few friendly people you think you'd like to know. seek God first.

Guest lovinghim4ever
precious child, i think you should not worry. i think God was directing you to seek out a church instead of sitting around twiddling your thumbs waiting for Him to bring a church to you! and i think that just as God directed you to google nearby churches, God will direct you to stay with that one or to keep looking til you find the right one.

i feel very strongly about this. when we wait for christians to show up in our life and direct us to a church to go to, then why are we joining that church? for our FRIENDS, but NOT for our Lord. and if you kept waiting on God to bring friends that would take you to their church, and God wasn't bringing them around, He's probably got a very good reason for it!

take your time as you find a church. pray for God to make it clear to you where He wants you. the church you join should be one where you are getting spiritually fed from the word of God. if you aren't getting fed at this church or that, keep looking til you do. and don't stay in any church just cuz you met a few friendly people you think you'd like to know. seek God first.

I totally agree with LadyC!

A few years ago when I was seeking out a new church to attend I visited different ones.

The day I visited the church my sister attends I sat down and immediately knew that's where the Lord wanted me; not my sister.

I don't know if this will make sense but the moment I stepped foot in that sanctuary I heard these words in my spirit . . .

"Wow! This is HOME!" That's all it took for me. I am still in this church, and I love it, but like I said before . . .

You can't know until you go!

Be lead of God's Spirit; not your friends or family.

:)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

UPDATE:

Well i went to the church I planned on going to this morning. I got out of my car and looked around and I just did not feel good. I got in my car and drove away.

Then I told myself that I was being stupid and forced myself to turn around and go back. I went back and forced myself to the front of the church again. I felt so awful though. I was surrounded by these cute girls in cute little short print dresses and across from them were cute guys huddled together. Nothing against being cute or wearing cute dresses but I couldnt wait to get on outta there.

I got back in my car and drove home. I remebered there was a church by my house that was prolly in the middle of service. I decided to go and I felt much better there. It was still a little awkward since I was alone but the message was pretty enjoyable and I could still see myself going there.

when mark and i started looking for churches near us, we experienced that same discomfort at some churches.... and the first time we showed up at the church we now belong to, despite the fact that we were arriving a little late, we immediately felt "home". it sounds like you followed God exactly to where he wanted you!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Sounds like you found you Sunday spot! A lot of churches offer mid-week bible studies. It used to be on Wednesdays but I find now that no longer is the case. I have 3 churches that I go to and they all have their mid week services on different days. I'd stick with the church your in right now and get more comfortable with it. I would also suggest you start attending mid-week services at some of the other churches and see how you like them.