IGNORED

One World Religion

WISDOM

Guest All4Him

Here on Long Island, there have been many "All-Faith" services.  To voice any negative opinion regarding this paints one as "intolerant."  However, I fail to see how these "services" can truly worship when any beliefs held by the individuals must, by nature, be watered down.  Once we remove all the "differences" of these various faiths, what is left?  The fact that man has a soul?  Even that presents some sticking points when we throw the Hindu belief on reincarnation into the mix.

I have even heard some people argue that we must be working toward unification of the Body.  While this is certainly true, that Body must consist of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, and not be willing to compromise that very core of our existence AS a Body.

So, while it would be in our interest as the Body of Christ to put away our doctrinal differences and focus on the Lord Himself, thereby unifying the various Christian sects, trying to combine this with other non-Christian beliefs would, no doubt, result in a diluted monster of a church -- possibly the seventh (lukewarm) church of Revelation.

• 4 months later...
Guest leejosepho

Yes, much of Christianity "is now globally uniting with all other religions of the world ...", and does this subject ever get "sticky" from there on!

In one way or another, all people are aware of a single, ultimately-supreme and -sovereign Creator of (and certainly, therefore, over) all.  He sees to that.

Judaism, Islam and Christianity each claim to declare that Almighty One ...

So then, who is "right"?  Maybe anyone who can correctly answer in the promised "pure tongue" (Zephaniah 3:9) these Scriptural questions:

Who has gone up to the heavens and come down?

Who has gathered the wind in His fists?

Who has bound the waters in a garment?

Who has established all the ends of the earth?

What is His Name ...

(Clue: "God" is not anybody's name.)

and what is His Son's Name ...

(Clue: He is named after YHVH, not Zeus.)

if you can tell?

Proverbs 30:4

With those facts in mind, it seems reasonably - as in "let us now reason together" - accurate to say that all religions speaking of "God" or "Hey Zeus!" have at least something (maybe even seriously?) wrong with them.

I used to be quite involved in Christianity ... but when someone spoke to me of "Yah" and His "Shua" (Salvation) - "Yah-Shua" - and began to explain some things, the blinding scales of religion began to fall from my eyes.

Sabbath blessings in the only name-likeness of Salvation: YahShua!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

OK...whatever.

Did you watch the memorial service for the Runnion girl held at the crystal cathedral? A mormon, a rabbi, a buddhist priest, religious science, and a catholic priest. Pretty wild! I wonder why there was no Muslim? The prayer of the woman from the church of religious science was very interesting. She mentioned Christ a couple times and prayed in "the name of love", but the rest sounded like new age nonsense. And this was nationally televised.

Guest leejosepho

"OK...whatever"?  Well, at least you must not be a KJV-only.

No, I did not see the memorial service you have mentioned, but I did see that very same kind of thing in DC and all over this Yah-defying "God bless America" country after 9-11.

Sorry Lee,

You kind of lost me. I have limited my scripture study to NKJV,KJV,NIV,NAS,NRSV,REB,NAB and NJB here lately, but if you have another suggestion...One thing to keep in mind in this Yah-defying nation, our faith is not in men! They cannot know the truth unless God chooses to reveal it to them. This one-world religion stuff has made a couple of fitful starts. I thought the United Religions Iniative charter was the beginning of something big, but it just seemed to fizzle out. Make no mistake, we are on God's timetable and, when the time is right, these things will hit like a tidal wave. Jesus is coming quickly. I have seen this misinterpreted lately. It's not when He's coming, it's how He's coming....like a thief in the night. Gotta go!

Love in Christ,

John

Guest leejosepho

John:

I apologize for simply presuming what had you meant by "OK...whatever" and for then making a vague comment.

Now rethinking all of that, and if you actually were (as I assumed) referring to what some call "the name thing" - Have you ever heard Satan's "Name Game" song? - when saying "OK...whatever", I should have either made a clear comment or just left yours alone altogether.  Please forgive.

Like you, I have "limited"(!) the study of Scripture to several versions - and at least in part agreeing with certain KJV-only folks: even some "per-versions"!  With the KJV being where I usually begin digging in, my favorite "versions" are those that have reverted back to wordings or representations far more accurate than "God, Lord, Jesus, glory ..."  I only know a few, but there are many.

If you wish, you might take a look at www.exegesbibles.org or "The Scriptures" from ISR at www.messianic.co.za.  Another site I recently found offers for free quite a collection of versions and tools: http://www.onlinebible.net/index.html.  Of course, maybe you already know about all of those.

You have written, "...in this Yah-defying nation, our faith is not [to be] in men!"

Thank you for that confirmation!  I spend a lot of time and take a lot of flak for trying to tell that to virtually everyone I meet!  "Men" have political and religious systems of all types that they want others to believe are "good", but each and every one sooner or later falls short of YHVH's own version of "good".  And as you have implied, one cannot know "the truth" unless it is revealed ... and I find it quite interesting that that particular truth applies just as much to what Satan is all about and up to as it does to the things of Yah.

You are certainly correct in saying "this one-world religion stuff has made [some] fitful starts" and fizzled, yet I would quietly add that those seeming failures of such "initiatives" are developments Satan either opportunistically embraces ... or maybe even helps bring about so this world's sheople will return to their slumber.

Have you ever noticed how a given subject can be "big news" for a while - then be replaced by something else, and forgotten?  As a cab driver with little else to do between calls, I listen to a lot of radio ... and I see/hear that kind of "blown around by the winds of doctrine" and "riding the tide of public opinion" all the time.  As I am sure you know, YHVH is not the author of that confusion leaving so many people "in the dark" as to what is really and still going on.

You have mentioned the Messiah's return being "like a thief in the night."  Others here on this board are far more qualified than me to address that thought, but please at least consider this respectful attempt:

Scripture does report that no man knows the "day and hour", but YahShua did say we would/could know the "time and season" of His return.  Hence, it will only be the asleep on Earth who will experience His coming just as they would "a thief in the night."  If you are old enough to remember Barry McQuire and The Second Chapter of Acts in their double "To The Bride" album of the '70s: "Don't let Him catch you when you're fast asleep, or even when you're taking a nap!  Ah, eyes wide open now ..." (song: "He's Coming Back!").

Centuries ago in the temple, a priest (I think) would tend the fire to keep it going through the night.  From time to time someone else would come around to be sure everything was in order, and a napping fire tender would then get "caught sleeping" by one who appeared "like a thief in the night".  Busted!

My daughter is getting married "under the chuppah" on some day during the first week of September.  She and her betrothed just sent their invitations out this morning - and they sent them without including a specific date!  Why?  Because at present we only know "the time and season" for their wedding, and its actual "day and hour" will have to be relayed to their invited guests just as soon as "the father" (in this case, an earthly one!) declares, "The bridegroom cometh!"

Being considerate, the betrothed in this upcoming wedding will actually receive 24-hours notice and their invited guests will be called on the evening preceding that day's chuppah ceremony.  Yet to hear the trumpet, each must then be awake!

Thank you so very much for this time of fellowship, and blessings to you in the only name of Salvation: Messiah YahShua!

Lee,

Thanks for the links. I will certainly put them to use. I also spend the days on the road (what can brown do for you) trying to listen to the radio over the noisy diesel engine. I only glanced at your original post and my eyes came to rest on "I used to be quite involved in Christianity". Just goes to show how easy it is to miss the message. Congratulations on your daughter's engagement! I have been discussing the marriage ceremony with my closest friend in Jesus on this earth (my mother) and would love to hear more, if you get the chance.

There are certainly plans within plans and all sort of concealment and deception. I have been guilty of rallying around a political system or a man in the past, only to be disappointed. Regardless of the man or system in charge, God's plan will be accomplished and His name glorified.  

There is so much revealed in the names of our Lord. I was thinking about posting some of the information and hoping for some more educated input. One of my personal favorites is YHWH Tsidkenu.

"Behold, the days are coming," says the Lord, "That I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness; A King shall reign and prosper, And execute judgment and righteousness in the earth. In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell safely; Now this is His name by which He will be called: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. (Jehovah Tsidkenu) Jer 23:5-6

THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS! His very name answers the arguments. If I must rely on my own righteousness, I am certainly lost!

Love in Christ,

John

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I could be wrong about this but at one time there was a One World Government and a One World Religion under one man.

Guest leejosepho

Bro John:

For the links, you are welcome!  Hoping no one will view their sharing as any kind of promotion, I would say many of us have found many links helpful.

As to "discussing the marriage ceremony", I would share with you that we have really learned a lot here (and we certainly continue to do so!) by studying Scripture and learning of Yah's Feasts - such as Passover, First Fruits, and so on - not to be confused with any of man's so-called "holi-days".  Overall, it is absolutely amazing how things of Yah are somehow "played out" in every element of our lives here on Earth.  Truly, He is One of absolute, understandable order!

Concerning politics and religion, you have observed, "Plans within plans and all sort of concealment and deception."  May I assume you consider it a blessing to be able to see that?!  At the same time, I readily share that becoming aware of those things was at first greatly disturbing to me ... then things really got tense for a while as I began to be able to see how very deep - all the way to "the pit", so to speak - those threads actually run.

It is probably safe to say that most, if not all people have at one time or another "rallied around" a political system or some man, only to at the very least (or last) be, as you say, "disappointed".  Many have died in deception.

You have mentioned "names of our 'Lord'".  Are you aware that certain words like "lord" and "god" and others are for many people at least somewhat suspect when used in reference to the Almighty One who created us?  With only a little to offer myself, I share your desire for "more educated input."

You have quoted from "Yirmeyahu" (Jeremiah).  Here is that passage from "The Scriptures" (ISR):

"See, the days are coming," declares [YHVH], "when I will raise for David a Branch of righteousness, and a Sovereign shall reign and act wisely, and shall do right-ruling and righteousness in the earth.  In His days [1] Yehudah shall be saved, and [2] Yisra'el dwell safely.  And this is His Name whereby He shall be called: [YHVH] our Righteousness" (23:5-6).  No baal-lord gott-gawd there!

And if we believe YHVH's bringing of His people up out of Egypt was grand, and it certainly was, I wonder what word will we use when He fulfills the promises made in the next couple of verses!

Lee ben Yoseph

--------------

Rosanne:

Peace and Joy to you!

Yes, I am sure you are certainly correct: At one time there was a One World Government and a One World Religion under one man - ultimately Satan and his very "demons"!  And from there, religion was later spread around the world.

We have just met, and I do hope (and believe) we can get along.  But if not, just say so and I will quietly keep a respectable distance and leave you alone.

On that offer, I wonder if you would consider not comparing or blaming or placing or whatever any one religion over another.  Here is why I ask:

Religion is religion is religion - and since this board's moderators are likely watching me closely here, I will leave that lay as but my personal opinion.

It is true that many evil things can be pinned on one religious system (and/or its adherents) or another, but there is no religion that does not have at least something a little out of order.  For example, I know people within many forms of religion who were intentionally or otherwise once "letting me die" in chronic alcoholism.  I find no fault with them in the sense that they just did not know, but I must also share that at least part of the problem was that their religion did not allow them to even acknowledge that I had a deadly "condition".  (For the record: I do not view alcoholism as an actual disease, just a "dis-ease".)

The Pope is far from being the only religious leader of this day who "wants to bring all religions together under [a common] rule".  And, the "US" presently ruling over us actually HAS killed people claiming to be "God's people", using whatever name for "God" they might happen to prefer.  So then, could we zoom out just a bit and look at "religion" overall through a broader lense?  If the folks in Ireland had done that long ago, much less blood might have been shed there.

Still pondering this a bit, I found it just yesterday: "Organized religion is the greatest fomenter of hatred the world has ever seen." (author unknown)

(foment: to nurse to life or activity)

Looking forward to some quiet discussion ...

Lee