• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

If he actually believed what he is saying he wouldn't have signed and passed the debt limit increase of 1.9 trilliion. :rolleyes:

Considering the run up to the current mess, the country had a TEN TRILLION dollar deficit when Obama took office. George Bush ran the biggest deficit budgets in U.S. history. We are paying the piper now and will be for decades. I'm neither Republican nor Democrat so I have no interest in spin; these are facts. We all need to confront facts, and voting records in Congress, before the upcoming mid-term elections. :laugh:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09/29/co...ry4486228.shtml

Spin? Lets try and stay on topic shall we? For the moment let's leave Bush out of it. My point is if he (Obama) were so concerned about government spending why has he agreed to raise the debt ceiling so they can spend more borrowed money? His forming a panel to look into government spending seem to me just another way for this administration to research the why's and hows so they can generate more believable excuses rather than the usual "It's Bush's Fault".

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Republicans bad with money. They are politicians

Democrats bad with money. They are also politicians.

as long as there are politicians running this country, we are in trouble!

If he actually believed what he is saying he wouldn't have signed and passed the debt limit increase of 1.9 trilliion. :21:

Considering the run up to the current mess, the country had a TEN TRILLION dollar deficit when Obama took office. George Bush ran the biggest deficit budgets in U.S. history. We are paying the piper now and will be for decades. I'm neither Republican nor Democrat so I have no interest in spin; these are facts. We all need to confront facts, and voting records in Congress, before the upcoming mid-term elections. :laugh:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09/29/co...ry4486228.shtml

Spin? Lets try and stay on topic shall we? For the moment let's leave Bush out of it. My point is if he (Obama) were so concerned about government spending why has he agreed to raise the debt ceiling so they can spend more borrowed money? His forming a panel to look into government spending seem to me just another way for this administration to research the why's and hows so they can generate more believable excuses rather than the usual "It's Bush's Fault".

The only reason he is concerned about it is because of his sagging approval ratings. The only hope I have is that he might feel enough pressure to actually reduce spending. I am not too optimistic after hearing that the make-up of the panel is overwhelmingly made up of Democrats. The only way this could work is if both parties are equally represented. Rush said that he believes this will be an excuse to break another campaign promise concerning raising taxes on the middle class. Of course, Obama is really breaking that promise already when the Bush tax cuts are not renewed, but this will give him an excuse to create massive tax increases.

Heard An Interesting Commentary On American Government From Some TV (PBS!) Fellow Visiting China

The Politicians Need To Pay For The Fish BEFORE They Cook It

Simple Enough Even A Cave Man Could.... :):):laugh: