• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

WOW!   ...  That is some post!   A real Bible study to say the least and very enlighening.  thank you ...

Thank you Me4Him,

Your words are gracious. As you can see, you were the first post in 2 weeks.

Because so many "end time prophesies" have been built upon Matthew 24 it is difficult for most to consider that, perhaps, the "end time prophesies" were pertaining to the destruction of Israel by Titus.

Certainly, it was an event foretold in scripture elsewhere by lesser prophets than The Prophet.

Peace,

BlindSeeker

Guest EPHRIAM777

Blind says...!

If you wish, we could discuss this chapter verse by verse and compare to history to see if it stands up to your assumptions.

Eph writes..

OK..

MATT 24:3 is one of those chapters that EVERYBODY thinks they have the answer for..

Notice the question(S) that are asked..3 seperate questions..that recieve 3 seperate answers..

Question 1, Tell us when these things shall be..?..Well WHAT things are they asking about..?? Their just leaving the Temple as verse 1 points out..So the "things" are the Temple walls..They will all be knocked down..That happened when the Romans destroyed the walls seeking Gold between the blocks of stone..!

Question 2, What shall be the sign of your coming.."AND" the end of the world (or age)...So question 2 is a two part question....Jesus answers the first part..in verses 4 through 14..He answers the second portion in verses 15 through 36...

VERSE 35 is the key here to the end of the age or world....The end of the "age" is when Heaven and Earth pass away..!

We know the world or "age" then won't end till AFTER the 1000 yr millienium has run it's course AND Satan is loosed a "short season"..SEE REV 20:7..

Satan is loosed for the "short season" and ONLY God knows how long that period of time will be..So when heaven and earth pass away THAT is the end of the age..But no man or angel knows..Just God the Father knows..!

Jesus then returns to the 1st part of the question by saying HIS RETURN will be like the days of Noah..!

Don't mix up the 3 questions and their 3 answers is the key...!

Guest EPHRIAM777
Quote: from BlindSeeker on 4:09 am on April 13, 2002

Any questions?

Eph asks as nicely as possible so as not to offend...!

:)

Yes I have a few questions..!

1, Other than "copy and paste"..Do you write your own thoughts alone when you post..?

Although that last post was quite lengthy...and I'm sure "chock" full of facts..They were for the most part not your own...Therefore I didn't bother to read it full..!

WHY..?

If I wanted to read "commentary" presented by Adam Clarke..I'd buy the book..or speak directly TO him..!

Also..one more question if you have the time..?

:)

Do you think that by adding his commentary to your posts it in any way increases your presentation or believeability..?

I E...You think "somehow by osmossis"..Mr Clake's position on certain issues somehow can elevate your own position when you both agree..and therefore this somehow lends HIS credibility to your own..!

I disagree with that type of thinking """IF""" you think that way...!

Your position should stand or fall on it's OWN ability to line up with scriptures...Whether or not Mr Clarke agrees or disagrees with you..SCRIPTURE is the final authority on Scripture..!

Quote: from EPHRIAM777 on 3:08 pm on April 13, 2002

Eph asks as nicely as possible so as not to offend...!

:D

Yes I have a few questions..!

1, Other than "copy and paste"..Do you write your own thoughts alone when you post..?

Although that last post was quite lengthy...and I'm sure "chock" full of facts..They were for the most part not your own...Therefore I didn't bother to read it full..!

WHY..?

If I wanted to read "commentary" presented by Adam Clarke..I'd buy the book..or speak directly TO him..!

Hello Ephriam777,

Do you have a reason you spell Ephraim the way you do? Ephriam verses

• 3 months later...