• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Who Is This "Allah"?

For a Christian to believe that the Allah of the Koran is God, a Christian must believe that nearly 600 years after Jesus Christ, The Son of God, was crucified on the cross, rose again, and offered His Blood as the Perfect Sacrifice for the sins of man that God appeared to Mohammed, and told Mohammed that Jesus Christ was a liar, that Jesus Christ was NOT the Son of God, the Word Made Flesh, that Jesus Christ did not die on the cross and rise again, and that no Perfect Blood Sacrifice was offered for the sins of man.

If Jesus Christ is a liar then, and only then, can Mohammed

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Greetings, Jim...

I was intrigued by your post. I served in foreign missions, specifically in Southeast Asia and in the world's most populus Islamic country.

Indonesia is 99% Muslim albeit they are generally regarded as secular Muslims. They do have a radical sect, as do most non-Arabic countries, but most of the people are not as radical as  their Arab brothers. Persecution, however, remains a constant threat against Christians.

When I was there, the Indonesian Christians called God, "Allah"  because that is simply the word for "God . The word, "Tuhan" means "Lord".

The words are used interchangeably between Christians and Muslims but the identity of the Muslim god varies greatly from our own.

They believe that Christians worship three gods, one of which is named, "Yesus".

I just wanted to share my experience in working with Asian Muslims and Christians, whose views  vary some from that of the Arab world.

Muslims appear to have various splinter groups or denominations within their own religion.                  -Cat

Guest shadow2b
Greetings, Jim...

I was intrigued by your post. I served in foreign missions, specifically in Southeast Asia and in the world's most populus Islamic country.

Indonesia is 99% Muslim albeit they are generally regarded as secular Muslims. They do have a radical sect, as do most non-Arabic countries, but most of the people are not as radical as

• 3 weeks later...

Allah means God. In our church we worship Allah. allah had a son Jesus who is God and man who died for our sins.

i live in Indonesia where Allah is used in the Bible. I assume it's the same for arabic too.  

The contention isn't over Allah but over the teachings of a false prophet.

In Swahili people call God "Mungu" and Lord is Bwana.

Uh, Muttly...I think I just said that, "Allah" means God... if you read the post I made before you. I used to attend an all-Indonesian church, Indonesia Gerejar Baptis...my best friend was the pastor's wife...

As I mentioned before..."Allah" is the actual literal word for "God" in the Indonesian language.              Cat

Guest Fabrice

For me it's simple : God name is YHWH, not Allah.

I think Allah is not the translation of YHWH, in Arab.

Allah is the God of the moon. So, wether they know it or not, when they worship Allah, they actually worship the moon.

Why do Muslims convert to Jesus then ?  :)

Hi, Fabrice...what you say may be true of Arabs but not of Indonesians. Indonesians literally use the word, "Allah" to mean "God" - and this is the God of the Bible...for them - it's just a word.

We tend to think of it as the arabic word for the "Muslim" god, which they do call, "Allah" but in Indonesian...it simply means, "God". It doesn't mean "moon" or anything else. Just "God". In all of the Christian hymnals, the word for God is simply "Allah". No hidden meaning or disloyalty to their Christian beliefs...it's their word for Him. The Indonesian Christians are just as fervant and loyal to the Lord Jesus Christ as we are in America. Maybe even more so because they often suffer terribly for their faith in Christ, unlike most of us in America.

Guest Fabrice

Okay Cat I see

I'm asking myself why is it that there's a difference btw muslims in Arab countries and Indonesia ...

Well whatever how they translate God, if they are in Christ ... :)

Guest shadow2b
Who Is This "Allah"?

For a Christian to believe that the Allah of the Koran is God, a Christian must believe that nearly 600 years after Jesus Christ, The Son of God, was crucified on the cross, rose again, and offered His Blood as the Perfect Sacrifice for the sins of man that God appeared to Mohammed, and told Mohammed that Jesus Christ was a liar, that Jesus Christ was NOT the Son of God, the Word Made Flesh, that Jesus Christ did not die on the cross and rise again, and that no Perfect Blood Sacrifice was offered for the sins of man.

If Jesus Christ is a liar then, and only then, can Mohammed

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

Actually at the time of Mohamed Allah was the name of the supreme god in his area, allah was the sun god. There was also the morning star and moon gods that were prevalent. The name Allah may mean God to some now but not according to any encyclopedia that I'm aware of. Mohamed according to his personal story was influenced by the evangelical christians of his time. He chose Allah who was known in his area as the name of His one true god. Basically he picked one of the existing gods and said only worship this one. One of the interesting things about this is that in his personal story Mohamed claims to be of the tribe of Kedar which came from the lineage of Ishmael. Jeremiah 2:10 has this to say Just cross over to the isles of the Kittim and look, Send to Kedar and observe carefully; See if aught like this has ever happened: 11 Has any nation changed its gods Even though they are no-gods? But My people has exchanged its glory for what can do no good. Be appalled, O heavens, at this; be horrified, utterly dazed. Just goes to show scripture does have all the answers.

Love in Yeshua

Shiloh