• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

i understand what you mean . . .

Q: Since the KJV is just a translation like NIV, then the word "bishop or preacher" wasn't in the bible. Leaders were mentioned, but according to the strict word out of the greek lanuage, the same word for "bishop" means "enlighted one". In the actual greek, it did not, i repeat it did not discourage the touched women to preach, yes it did give guidelines in the manner that women should preach, if called, but did not discourage the women from preaching. If all this, is true, then, I shouldn't have to defend myself. I know When I'm called.

in christ,

tbird

Um...I'm not sure where you're getting your Greek. The word for "bishop" is episkope, which means "overseership, office, charge, the office of an elder, the overseer or presiding officers of a Christian church". This is clearly a position of authority. What does the bible say about those who are in authority within the home and church? That authority goes to men:

1 Timothy 2:11-15

"A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint."

No one is saying you can't share the gospel, teach or even "preach". But you must do so under the authority of your husband or your lead pastor of your church (who should be a male). If you are single, you are under the authority of the lead pastor.

~Tess

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  372
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/20/1990

Got a question here does God tell you what to do?

Guest tbird_energizerbunny
Got a question here does God tell you what to do?

Yes, he does. He tells me whenever I stand up and begin a sermon, I can have my sermon all planned every thought worked out. But once I stand up there, he tells me, "Don't do this one now, do this scripture these verses" When I give in to his will, I just talk about the first things that come to my mind, and I talk to my congregation about the verse(s) that he picked out for me. When I gave my first invitation, (after I submitted to his will) four or five people came forward, and they asked to speak to someone in the church about getting saved. I wonder if the Devil is speaking to the crowd, (if you don't think I am called) when I preach or is it God's words. Clearly, the Devil doesn't speak because he wants no one to be saved. Therefore, God has called me, and my confirmation was confirmed. I hate the fact that I cannot do that in my home church, but I gave up my church for him, and one day, I will be able to see my reward of pleasing God before my eyes.