• Days Won:  0

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  706
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

thank you all for your response. But is it shown where these women actually went out teaching or preaching the word? Or does it show them in supportive roles. Remember back then men wwere noot so enlightened so to speak and a woman did not have much authority over her own life let alone others.

Well the Woman at the well. She had no particular husband at that time, but had already had 5, but after her meeting with Jesus she went out and witness and people were saved because of this. (John 4:39) No man over her. She did what she felt compelled to do. HE didn't say, "WOMAN, go tell everyone I am here" he didn't have to, he moved in her life. She left her bucket even and just went.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

In Acts 1 it clearly says women were in the upper room as well. !20 people are known for changing this world. I believe that these woman also went out like the 12 discilples. We all recognize that 120 people changed the world as it once was, and it clearly shows that women were involved in it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

I don't believe women are to be in a leadership position such as being a Minister,or Pastor. I believe women can teach classes, etc, but not preaching from the pulpit.

I agree. Most churches have a women's ministry these days, and if a woman feels gifted to lead or teach, this is her opportunity.

In Acts 1 it clearly says women were in the upper room as well. !20 people are known for changing this world.

I don't think anyone here ha suggested that women should have no role in leadership.

And I don't think all 120 in the upper room were necessarily leaders.

No man over her.  She did what she felt compelled to do.

So she evangelized her community. Good! every believer should.

But this was not in the context of a church, and it didn't make her a pastor or any othe type of leader. Big difference.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Doesn't someone who teaches in church now only expose scripture.

Lol.....I think now you see why I hate Greek, it gest confusing :)

In the modern view of teaching, a person who teaches from the pulpit often times is someone who holds authority within the church. Paul is talking about the elders of the church being soley male, those thta are in leadership. However, i do think it's okay for women to speak from the pulpit as long as their husband (if they have one) and pastor agree with it.

Many men say it is wrong for any woman to speak from a pulpit. Even if she is not senior pastor and was asked to do so by senior pastor which places her under his authority. By this definition of authority for a woman to teach then is not wrong because she is not taking authority she has only exposed the scripture.

This is where we agree. If the senior pastor ask the woman to teach, then by all means, let her teach, afterall, he is the authority.

What I am saying about culture is that when we bring up culture and why woman did not teach in church we are then told we can determine that by culture, but that is why you say Pricilla is only a servent. You are basing that off of your idea of culture then. It does not call her that here at all.

I am not basing this off my idea of culture at all. You're correct in saying that Acts 18:26 doesnt' call her a servant, however Romans 16:3 does.

So then why is wrong for a woman to teach if this does not place her in a position of authority?

It's not. I haven't advocated that it was wrong for a woman to teach at all throughout this entire debate. What I'm advocating is not letting females hold major authority within a church because that is simply not the role God has for them...just like it's not men's roles to have babies.

I never said men are not in authority. Never had and I never will. My question is as stated above. If the senior pastor ( who is a man ) has a woman teach from a pulpit, how can this be wrong if she is under a mans authority. Many men refuse to see the big picture of things and recognize that she is a woman under authority and is simply teaching or expose the scripture. For a woman to preach under a mans authority by your definition then is only teaching and exposing Gods word.

Exactly! I think now we're seeing eye to eye on the issue!

Also, I want to make sure that everyone understands I'm not saying women can't have a role in leadership, just that they cannot have roles in major leadership. It would be stupid for a man to lead up a women's ministry, thus a woman has to have some form of leadership within a church.

However, i do think it's okay for women to speak from the pulpit as long as their husband (if they have one) and pastor agree with it.

At my church, we sometimes have women speak from the pulpit. But it's for announcements, or sharing personal testimony, etc. Not as a preacher.

However, i do think it's okay for women to speak from the pulpit as long as their husband (if they have one) and pastor agree with it.

At my church, we sometimes have women speak from the pulpit. But it's for announcements, or sharing personal testimony, etc. Not as a preacher.

I think there is nothing wrong with a woman speaking from the pulpit in a preaching format...God has given some of them a great gift. As long as they aren't in authority, there is no problem.