The War On Guns

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  44

Okay, full disclosure as to why JS's remarks offended me.

My late father fought in WWII in the Pacific, and killed his fair share of men; he was a Christian.

In the early seventies I served two years in the US Army as a combat infantryman; I'm a Christian.

When he was younger, my oldest son served as a paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne, 15th PsyOps Bttn; he's not only a Christian, he and his wife have served as missionaries in New Zealand, India, and Australia. I grew up around guns, and so have my sons. We hunt, shoot for sport, and if anyone attempts to harm us or our families, well .... we know how to handle that as well.

I have a very real--and large--problem with anyone doubting my salvation, or my family's, because of our owning guns. In my opinion, that's treading very close to breaking one of the cardinal rules here.

I dont blame you. In all honesty, Ive been toying with the idea of joining the NRA for years now-his comments, just make be the straw that broke the camels back-as in I have the application on my coffee table right now waiting to be sent in.

On that note, let me express a heartfelt thankyou to you and your family that served to protect our freedom.

Amen! Thank you! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  44

Since Jesus Christ NEVER owned or used a weapon, then neither should any of His followers.

Since Jesus Christ NEVER owned or used a weapon, then guns are antichristian.

In the U.S., since they promote the usage and ownership of guns, that makes the National Rifle Association (NRA) an antichristian organization.

Assuming of course that "Christians" actually follow HIS words and examples and NOT their own words or examples - and then have the gall to call their words "Christian:

Interesting...

Scripture it seems would disagree with you.

Luke 22:35-38

Supplies for the Road

35 And He said to them, “When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?”

So they said, “Nothing.”

36 Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. 37 For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: ‘And He was numbered with the transgressors.’[d] For the things concerning Me have an end.”

38 So they said, “Lord, look, here are two swords.”

And He said to them, “It is enough.”

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Wow am I missing a good topic here. GoldenEagle you took the words right out from my finger tips, At some time the disciples of Jesus had two swords, for what can be debated, but they had them.

I'm humored at the fear the US Government has of it's citizenry, they want to ban the "BIG, BAD ASSAULT RIFLE" in the disguise of protecting the innocent. BUT! in actually their trying to weaken the citizenship from the possibility of another civil war.

Now where do I find the humor you might ask.

If God forbids there is another civil war, the BIG, BAD, ASSAULT RIFLE isn't the gun they should be worried about. I own a couple so called assault rifles with large magazine capacities, and if came down to civil war, the assault rifles the government fear would not be a high priority on my list for assaults. The BIG, BAD, ASSAULT RIFLE the government fears would be nothing more than a defensive weapon.

Give me a platoon of men carrying bolt action rifles that can be effective to at least 300 yards, farther would be better (throw in some RPG's if possible) and I could ruin a persons day. 

Lets face it, we as civilians can not go toe to toe with any kind of military with the proper equipment, if you think so, you are fooling yourself. Ammunition will be in short supply anyway, so it would be one or two well placed shots and get out of dodge.

Well there is my two cents for whatever it is worth, God bless you all. (even the ones who fear the BIG, BAD, ASSAULT RIFLE)