• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

Genetic Information 2

Even if matter and life (perhaps a bacterium) somehow arose, the probability that mutations and natural selection produced this vast amount of information is essentially zero (b). It would be similar to producing 4,000 books with the following procedure ©:

a. Start with a meaningful phrase.

That's where your premise utterly falls apart...if you have with a predetermined "Start", probabilities are hugely unlikely.  For instance, if you start with a 52-card deck, and have a predetermined order to deal out the cards, you will never get that order.  But...when you deal out the deck, the order you dealt them out is as equally as improbable as your predetermined order.  In fact, it is quite likely that the same order of dealing out a 52 card deck has never happened in history - what a miracle.  We developed the way we did because of our environment, not because of a predetermined outcome.

To put it another way, what you are espousing is akin to someone being agog at the amazing improbability that a mud puddle EXACTLY fits a hole the rain fell in. 

Young-Earth apologists should really avoid probabilities to avoid looking foolish.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

We developed the way we did because of our environment, not because of a predetermined outcome.

On the contrary, we "developed" (do you mean evolved?) the way we did because God programed us this way. We adjust to our different environments but they have nothing to do with our development.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service

We developed the way we did because of our environment, not because of a predetermined outcome.

On the contrary, we "developed" (do you mean evolved?) the way we did because God programed us this way. We adjust to our different environments but they have nothing to do with our development.

you are sidestepping the probablility issue.  "We" is life.  The universe was not created for life, life arose where and how it could.  You misread the Bible when you use probability the way you do.

Edited by jerryR34

you are sidestepping the probability issue. 

"We" is life. 

The universe was not created for life,

life arose where and how it could. 

You misread the Bible when you use probability the way you do.

~

No Chance

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

That Life Is Auto-Created

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

Nor That The Earth Was Not Created For It

For this is what the LORD says-- he who created the heavens, he is God; he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it; he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited-- he says: "I am the LORD, and there is no other. Isaiah 45:18 (NIV)

And As Any Man (Or Woman) Can Readily Observe

“But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you;

or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you.

Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this?

In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. Job 12:7-10 (NIV)

When The Earth Changed

For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:21-22

Life Died

But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 1 Corinthians 15:23-26

Scientifically Speaking That Is

For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:26-29

~

Jesus Is LORD~!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

you are sidestepping the probablility issue.  "We" is life.  The universe was not created for life, life arose where and how it could.  You misread the Bible when you use probability the way you do.

According to the Bible (God), the earth was created for life.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/02/1962

Hello.

I'm the new guy!

Evolution is really on it's final last gasps.

There really isn't much left to believe in, that doesn't require a tremendous faith.

The fossil record is a complete and thorough bust.

Now, genetically, we can pretty much rule out any hope in finding examples where new DNA is seen.

We now know that instead of new DNA all we actually see is copying of DNA, or reshuffling of existing DNA, or a complete loss of DNA - all totally discount evolution.

Every attempt to force some Australopithecine to be a human ancestor, has failed miserably, examples put forth have either been found to be frauds, or apes/monkeys.

The Darwinian hypothesis has been all but given up as wishful thinking, even the most hard core evolutionists, have given up on Charlie, and have proposed what may turn out to be even more unlikely hypothesis in Punctuated Equilibrium - the changes happen so fast, we can't see it! First it was changes happening so slow that we can't see it happening, now it's the other end off the scale.

P.E. is not based on any science. It's actually an example of just how desperate the evolution scientists are.

They appear to be willing to accept anything, regardless of how unlikely it may be, other than creation.

John 

Hello.

I'm the new guy!

Evolution is really on it's final last gasps.

There really isn't much left to believe in, that doesn't require a tremendous faith.

The fossil record is a complete and thorough bust.

Now, genetically, we can pretty much rule out any hope in finding examples where new DNA is seen.

We now know that instead of new DNA all we actually see is copying of DNA, or reshuffling of existing DNA, or a complete loss of DNA - all totally discount evolution.

Every attempt to force some Australopithecine to be a human ancestor, has failed miserably, examples put forth have either been found to be frauds, or apes/monkeys.

The Darwinian hypothesis has been all but given up as wishful thinking, even the most hard core evolutionists, have given up on Charlie, and have proposed what may turn out to be even more unlikely hypothesis in Punctuated Equilibrium - the changes happen so fast, we can't see it! First it was changes happening so slow that we can't see it happening, now it's the other end off the scale.

P.E. is not based on any science. It's actually an example of just how desperate the evolution scientists are.

They appear to be willing to accept anything, regardless of how unlikely it may be, other than creation.

John 

This post really highlights the fact you don't know much about evolution.  Even if you don't "believe" evolution, you should educate yourself on it if you are going to comment.  This post is just fluff with nothing to back it up.  I could copy and paste it from any creationist website.  How about you tell us what evolution says (keeping in mind you don't "believe" it).  This will tell us how educated you are on the subject.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/02/1962

Hi Jerry.

I find your comment very ironic. you accuse me of not understanding anything about evolution, but you offered nothing to corroborate it at all.

take care.

John

Hi Jerry.

I find your comment very ironic. you accuse me of not understanding anything about evolution, but you offered nothing to corroborate it at all.

take care.

John

I asked you to explain your understanding of evolution.  That would tell me a lot about how much I should value your opinon of the topic. Your post and my experience with creationists leads me to believe they have not delved deeply into the topic.  Could you give me some bullets on what you think the theory of evoulution espouses?  That would give us a starting point for debate.

Hi Jerry.

take care.

John

I really don't have anything to corroborate your post.  Maybe you meant something else?  Maybe "contradict"?

Edited by jerryR34