• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/10/1972

i understand this isn't a doctrinal question, but thought this would be the most fitting place to share.

for those of us who may be interested in searching deeper into the Hebrew language, i found this.

you won't find this at a better price anywhere.

love to you all and God bless.

http://www.shinyod.com/index.html

from the site:

In His Own Words - Messianic Insights Into the Hebrew Alphabet by L. Grant Luton

This book is a most amazing and intriguing book that opens the door to the inner meanings of these ancient letters.

This book will take you on a fascinating journey through territory that has, until now, remained unexplored by Christian theologians. The author demonstrates how the spiritual meanings of these Hebrew letters are connected to various New Testament truths.

You will discover how the Hebrew alphabet illustrates the Gospel story, how each letter contains lessons concerning positive and negative traits, why some letters letters in the Hebrew Bible are printed backwards, upside down, or undersized, or in one case broken in half!

In the companion book In His Own Words-Student Guide you will learn how to refine the concepts that Mr. Luton introduces. Our ability to grasp these concepts will increase as we ponder the ancient lessons God would teach us through His biblical alphabet.

i took the website sounds interesting, thankyou, Bless ya, brenno

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Just FYI-

If you have a limited book budget, I would recommend bypassing this one.

I tried to find the author, and read one of the papers on his site discussing aspects of the Hebrew alphabet. It has several issues.

The name of the article was The 2,000 Years of Messiah by L. Grant Lutton.

The article begins by discussing the first words in Genesis 1:1.

http://www.bethtikkun.com/category/articles/

The seven words above “Barasheet bara Elohim et hashamaim v’et haeretz”1 provide the foundation for the entire Bible. And the first of these seven words – barasheet, “In the beginning”) – is like a seed which contains within itself all the genetic information necessary for a perfectly complete tree – the Tree of Life itself. Let’s take a closer look.
The first word of the Bible,  (barasheet, “In the beginning”) can be separated to form two words:  (bar) and  (asheet). The word  (bar) means “son” or “a son”; thus the term bar mitzvah (son of the commandment), or Simon bar Jonah (Simon son of Jonah). This word first appears in the Bible in Psalms 2:12 “Do homage to [or ‘kiss’] the Son…” The word (asheet) is a verb which means “I shall put/place/appoint”, and first appears in Genesis 3:15 where God pronounced a curse upon the serpent: “And I will put enmity between you and the woman…” Now if we recombine the definitions of these two Hebrew words, we arrive at the phrase “A Son I shall put/place/appoint”. A better rendering might be, “A Son I shall establish.”

The first Hebrew word in Genesis 1:1 is normally written as B'rasheet. Not Barasheet. In Hebrew, a word has prefixes and suffixes to include various grammar. The actual word in this case is 'rasheet'. The prefix 'B' means 'in'. Rasheet means the beginning. This article parses this word so that the word is divided as Bar Asheet. But there is no Bar. The vowel is a schwa and is normally symbolized by an apostrophe. 

The next problem is that 'bar' is Aramaic for son, not Hebrew.  Hebrew for son is 'ben'. Sadly, I find this article to be a manipulation of Hebrew to arrive at something which sounds neat but does not actually exist in the text.