IGNORED

Stephen Hawking: The Big Bang Without God

Tinky

Other proving you can copy and paste what are you trying to prove???? :biggrinflip:

Reading Is A Privilege

And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. Isaiah 29:11-12

Not A Right

For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him. Luke 19:26

Strangely, Most Won't Read

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. 2 Corinthians 4:3-5

And Yet Strut About So Proud (In Their Ignorance)

For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6

~

Believe

If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:12-15

And Be Blessed Beloved

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 2 Corinthians 5:20

Love, Joe

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Apparently nothing. :laughing:

When you have an actual argument to present please do so.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Other proving you can copy and paste what are you trying to prove???? :biggrinflip:

Paladin what Joe says is in black and the Scripture in blue supports what he's trying to say. He's been around for a long time and is a friend to all on the forums. You just have to get used to his style of posting. :thumbsup:

What's It All About

What?

So What If You Stew For All Eternity?

Who Cares?

Who?

Believe {In Jesus} And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Reading Is A Privilege Not A Right

Strangely, Most Won't Read {Scripture}

Believe {in Jesus} And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

Again here's what I think Joe is trying to say :)

Yeah, I sorta got that. :laughing:

The question was where is the argument? :confused:

Other than posting quotes and adding statements where is the logic, the evidence, the proposition being advanced???

Other than posting quotes and adding statements where is the logic, the evidence, the proposition being advanced???

:thumbsup:

Jesus

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Saves

Reading Is A Privilege Not A Right

Actually it is neither. It is a skill. And that is relevant here . . . how?

Strangely, Most Won't Read {Scripture}

Correct. And what relevance… ?

To support that you first define what "Ignorance" you are referring to.

Believe {in Jesus} And Be Blessed Beloved

An unsupported assertion and again what relevance?????

.... and again what relevance?????

I Wonder What You Are Doing On Worthy

Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. Matthew 2:1-2

And If You Actually Think It Wise To Mock God's Holy Words

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

Brother, Are You Teachable?

There are two main sections to Worthy Boards, the Inner Court and the Outer Court. The Inner court is designed for fellowship and discussion among those who know Jesus Christ as Savior. The outer Court is an area where we allow anyone who wishes to learn more about our belief to ask questions and learn. Those who join Worthy who do not claim Christ as Savior will be designated "nonbeliever'. This designation will mean that they will only be able to post in the Outer Court area. They can read every part of the Forums, but their discussions will be limited to one area. http://www.worthychristianforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

~

Jesus Saves

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Science (Ignorance)

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen. 1 Timothy 6:20-21

Don't

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, Romans 1:19-22

You See?

~

Believe

And Be Blessed Beloved

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen. 1 Timothy 6:20-21

Love, Joe

.... and again what relevance?????

I Wonder What You Are Doing On Worthy. Posting ideas. How about you?

Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. Matthew 2:1-2

And If You Actually Think It Wise To Mock God's Holy Words

About as wise as commenting on the Koran or the Iliad or the Decameron.

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

Brother, Are You Teachable?

​Some say yes, others not so sure. :laughing:

But I certainly was once and got the diploma to prove it. What about you? :confused:

There are two main sections to Worthy Boards, the Inner Court and the Outer Court. The Inner court is designed for fellowship and discussion among those who know Jesus Christ as Savior. The outer Court is an area where we allow anyone who wishes to learn more about our belief to ask questions and learn. Those who join Worthy who do not claim Christ as Savior will be designated "nonbeliever'. This designation will mean that they will only be able to post in the Outer Court area. They can read every part of the Forums, but their discussions will be limited to one area. http://www.worthychr...tion=boardrules

~

Jesus Saves

From what?

Science (Ignorance)

Really? I doubt you actually believe that. But we can find out real quick. You have disinfectants in your bathroom? (Thought so) :kiss2: :kiss2:

Don't

See above :grin:

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, Romans 1:19-22

You See?

~

Believe

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

Another unsupported assertion. You have any actual evidence to support this?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  730
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/13/1993

Apparently nothing. :laughing:

When you have an actual argument to present please do so.

Hello my friend. I would like to provide the actual argument that you are searching for. Hawking claims the universe was created from nothing. This is supported by science and I think ironically enough is a great help to the theistic position. Big Bang cosmology holds that the universe was created at a single point in space time where space and time literally came into existence. This means that space and time have a definite beginning. A mathematical proof of this was provided by Guth, Vilenkin and Borde in 2003 (maybe 2002- I can find the paper or summary of the findings if you wish).

Therefore I would present to you the theistic argument for God's existence.

Premise 1: Everything that begins to exist is a contingent being.

Premise 2: Contingent beings have causes that are either contingent (in which case those contingent causes also have causes) or necessary.

Premise 3: The universe began to exist

Premise 4 (1, 3): The universe is a contingent being

Premise 5 (4, 2): The universe has a cause.

Furthermore to prevent infinite regress we must have some sort of necessary initial cause (i.e. a non-contingent cause) to prevent infinite regress. This implies some sort of necessary being that exists outside our perception of space time and is able to powerfully interact with space time (assumed as this cause created space time). This is what the theist calls God. Perhaps you have questions on this argument. Please present them. Thank you for your time and welcome to Worthy.