IGNORED

One can not be saved through sprinkling baptism?

christine_wb

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

You are asking if baptism really and actually forgives sins. This is what I consider to be baptismal regeneration, the notion of "water salvation". This is not supported in scripture and historically has led to the equally unscriptural practice of infant baptism, i.e., the notion that the Spirit of God cleanses infants, having been born with the guilt of Adam

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

The bible says we 'must' be baptised, 'burried' to rise again in a new life, Jesus-like and cleansed, if thats what the book says, why would people believe different,

Many people believe that in order to be saved we must be baptized (immersed in water). This is not the case though. When the Bible talks about Baptism being a Baptism that saves, it is talking about the baptism of the heart. Acts 1:5 gives us this indication. Baptism through water is John

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

catsmeow wrote:

Things haven't changed much since Jesus warned the hypocrites that they'd sooner pull an ox out of a ditch on the Sabbath....than do good and heal those who suffer.

catsmeow,

my apology if I sounded a little hostile - I quess it was motivated by your equally hostile accusation of hypocrisy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some bible versions refer to them as "hypocrites" while other versions refer to them as "Pharisees".

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Horizoneast:

Here's just one example, hear with your heart what the Lord Jesus speaks to the "hypocrites/Pharisees":

Matthew 15:1-9

1 Then Pharisees and scribes came from Jerusalem to Jesus and asked, 2 "Why do Your disciples break the tradition of the elders? For they don't wash their hands when they eat!" *(NOTICE: The Pharisees/hypocrites are upset with Jesus because He doesn't follow the 'letter of the Law')

3 He (Jesus) answered them, "And why do you break God's commandment because of your tradition? 4 For God said: Honor your father and your mother; and, The one who speaks evil of father or mother must be put to death. 5 But you say, 'Whoever tells his father or mother, "Whatever benefit you might have received from me is a gift committed to the temple "-- 6 he does not have to honor his father.' In this way, you have revoked God's word because of your tradition. 7 Hypocrites! Isaiah prophesied correctly about you when he said: 8 This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me.

BTW, I USED TO BE one of those hypocrites/Pharisees who lived by the letter of the Law.

Guest shiloh357

There is only one true baptism: It is the baptism into Christ and His death.

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Water immersion is symbolic of the true baptism into the Lord.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

All name-calling and categorizing aside, do you care to address the other posts? Do you or do you not believe baptism is necessary for salvation?

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

I guess everyone has me on ignore.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

All name-calling and categorizing aside, do you care to address the other posts? Do you or do you not believe baptism is necessary for salvation?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought the question was about immersion vs sprinkling...?? :o

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Yes, I agree God

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/22/1983

The pastor at your church was right, sprinkiling is NOT baptism. Only immersion is baptism by defintion given by Paul.

We are saved by grace through faith? Perhaps, but Grace is a gift and there is ONLY ONE way to recieve the gift of Grace, read Romans 5 and 6

Rom 5:

19For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous. 20Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, 21so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Paul contines in Rom 6 to say

Rom 6

1What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? 2By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?

We are then instructed to be baptized. Grace is only a gift through and in Christ, but how do we become "in Christ?"

Only one way, baptism by immersion into his death and ressurection

Rom 6:

3Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

5For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.

The thief on the Cross as shown before was indeed "baptized" by sharing in the death of Christ (and quite litteraly I might add).

peace.