• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/26/1981

Do you have unresolved issues with your mother? It sounds like maybe you need to take care of you. You dont have to be selfish, just dont neglect yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Anna Maria,  You've had a terrible time.  I dont know what you must be going through,as i've not suffered like that,  but i did have a painful divorce.  Whist going through the divorce the process kept me going and kept my busy even though i was distraught, but when everything was concluded i felt so empty like a burnt out shell.  I fell apart.  I can say though the time is a healer, and now 10 year later i can cope again.  I'm sure you will never forget the pain of the loss of your mother but just hang in there.  You will get your life back.  I have to be strong.  Look to God for guidence, and listen for his answers, they will come, thats a promise.

Mick.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  33
  • Birthday:  11/03/1973

Hello, 

Well this is my story ...

Since I was around 14 I've been looking after my mother, she was always sick. I did everything for her, I did things like helping her wash, getting dress, and I even cooked her food until she left for the hospital ... Well she died in June 2013 due to a cancer of the lungs since then I've been going through various stages of what people call depression, after all I was on vacation until the around the end of August I didn't go out of my house for weeks I was crying a lot, I had relatives at home since they came for the funeral, they were doing everything because I was unable to do anything, I couldn't talk or even move from my room sometimes, I couldn't eat well, I still can't sleep well either, I have never been close to my father we barely even talk to each other. Now that everybody has gone, but they come to check on me every now and then ...  But I feel that something is missing in me,  I felt like there was ... I don't know like a hole in my life, but life continues as if nothing had happened, I do everything like I usually do, but with less things considering I don't have to look after my mother anymore ... I am doing everything automatically like a robot when I'm finished in school I just return home ...  

So I was wondering what should I do now that I have this huge amount of time to fill the emptiness I feel within me ? 

What are your interests?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hello, 

Well this is my story ...

Since I was around 14 I've been looking after my mother, she was always sick. I did everything for her, I did things like helping her wash, getting dress, and I even cooked her food until she left for the hospital ... Well she died in June 2013 due to a cancer of the lungs since then I've been going through various stages of what people call depression, after all I was on vacation until the around the end of August I didn't go out of my house for weeks I was crying a lot, I had relatives at home since they came for the funeral, they were doing everything because I was unable to do anything, I couldn't talk or even move from my room sometimes, I couldn't eat well, I still can't sleep well either, I have never been close to my father we barely even talk to each other. Now that everybody has gone, but they come to check on me every now and then ...  But I feel that something is missing in me,  I felt like there was ... I don't know like a hole in my life, but life continues as if nothing had happened, I do everything like I usually do, but with less things considering I don't have to look after my mother anymore ... I am doing everything automatically like a robot when I'm finished in school I just return home ...  

So I was wondering what should I do now that I have this huge amount of time to fill the emptiness I feel within me ? 

i feel you miss maria. my grand mother, aunt, great aunt and best friend all died within 6 months so the the same time your mom died my grand mother died. i know exactlly how you feel. 

so, you say that you need a gap to fill..hmmmmm... well i've got an idea!!!!!! i belong to a masonic youth organization called demolay, and there's 2 sister organizations called rainbow girls & job's daughters. if your against freemasonry i understand most people are. but these three orgs. need advisors, sponsors, chaparons, etc. so they could really use your help if you have all this time on your your hands. Go to demolayinternational.org ; iorg.org ; or jobsduaghters.org i hope you choose to do this they need help in some areas. 

your brother in christ

c.d.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  77
  • Birthday:  11/29/1987

First off, I'm sorry for your loss! The pain of losing a loved one is not easy .... I learned this at the tender age of 5 years old... I didn't understand really at the time what was happening, but now I truly understand the pain of knowing what it's like to lose a parent. I grew up without a Dad ... that was tough - my Grandfather was the closest thing to a Dad that I had growing up, when he passed away that was really hard. You are able to get through this and there are so many people and organizations out there that could really use your loving heart in their lives! Look into different volunteer positions - you'd be surprised at the difference you can make. Do it for your Mom - I know she is proud of you!

Always know that God loves you and so do we =) Hope you are doing well. Let us know.

Keep It Real,

more2life