• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/07/1991

As I've stated in some of my earlier posts on this forum, I'm suffering from a mental illness. I'm not psychotic, I'm dealing with Borderline PD, PTSD, and possibly OCD.

I've been prayed for countless times, and yet the battles became harder and harder to fight alone. But now I've found Christ (yet again), and that seems to give me strength. But I'm wondering... Am I possessed, since I tend to self-harm? Or am I just in the middle of a spiritual warfare?
When I'm having a good day, I pray a lot. Thank Jesus for giving me strength. But at my lowest, I tend to forget to pray. I'm filled with doubt, and that small voice inside my head keeps getting stronger and stronger.

What do you guys have to say about mental illness? I really need some advice on what to do. Because I want to break the habit of self-harm. I want to be set free. I want to stop with my medication (slowly, following the advice of the doctor). And yet I feel scared of being cured. I'm frightened by the thought of being 'normal'. Because BPD is all I know. I've been sick all my life.

I'll stop the rant here, and wait for you guys to answer my questions. If you could write some comforting scriptures, It'll be great.

Thanks.

Trust In The LORD

What shall I render to the LORD For all His benefits toward me? I shall lift up the cup of salvation And call upon the name of the LORD. Psalms 116:12-13 (NASB)

And Obey Your Doctor

Without consultation, plans are frustrated, But with many counselors they succeed. Proverbs 15:22 (NASB)

Praying

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/24/1985

Dear friend,

A person who is in fact "possessed" cannot pray to the Holy Spirit. Say this prayer out loud. If nothing stops you, then you are not possessed, which means that your spirit is not pure, but it can be cleansed through faith.

Say this prayer out loud:

Heavenly Father,

I pray to You, Lord God of Elijah and Moses

I ask that I may receive into me the Holy Spirit

I ask that you bless me and forgive my sins,

For I have been wrong in my ways

Please pour upon me the strength of Your Spirit

For I am weak without You, Oh God of heaven

In the name Your Son, Jesus Christ, I pray to You

Amen