Lie of Omission?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

This may seem trivial but here I go. My wife wanted me to give up working on pc computers on the side so I could focus on the family and get things done around the house a few years back. So I eventually did. Thing is she got more involved in online gaming and eventually addicted to one. This interfered more than my computer repairs. We talked about it but she didn't back off for a long while and still games today but not as intense. During this time and recently I worked on a few computers without her knowing. I figured if she won't back off on her stuff why should I. But my recent one I started feeling convicted about it.

So to the point. I left work late the other day and on the way home I dropped off this laptop I worked on at my used to be coworkers house. When I got home she mentioned about me being late and I told her I left work late (which I did and was the main reason I was late) but did not mention dropping off the laptop for the obvious reason. Is this a lie of omission? Should I confess it to her? I have decided not to work on anymore computers without her knowledge but should I reveal my passed activities also?

I have been praying about it and confessed it to the Lord but still not sure what to do? I really don't want to start trouble just to relieve my guilt. I Have done that before then afterwards felt like it wasn't the wisest thing to do.

Guess it is trivial.  :confused:

Thanks for your prayers FJ

• Content Count:  12

Hi Williamt3,

I want to thank you for sharing this. I do not think it is trivial at all. The scripture warns us in this passage " Therefore, laying aside falsehood, SPEAK TRUTH EACH ONE of you WITH HIS NEIGHBOR, for we are members of one another. .....and do not give the devil an opportunity. (Ephesians.4:25,27) also Numbers 32:23b states " and be sure your son will find you out. In addition to that, even stronger Luke 12:2 states " But there is nothing covered up that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known."

I believe that based on your desire to follow God's will the Spirit urged you to seek counsel on this. The Lord wants us to be honest in all our relationships and even more should this be applied to your marriage. The devil is having a field day with marriages so we don't want to give him any ammo from our own camp. I will pray now for you regarding this entire situation because you cannot be in fellowship with the Lord if you are honest with each other.

I will pray for your wisdom on how to approach this and the timing.

God bless you brother,

Bro.Bernard

Thank you Bro.Benard.

The other day I was going to tell my wife the small part I left out of being late.  But when we were alone and every time I was going to say something about it I felt a brick wall against my mouth and felt restrained to speak about it.  Cant explain why.  I talked about this matter with some of my fellow guys in Christ and they were not sure also if it was worth bringing up.

And so like you said I have left it with the Lord for now and I am waiting for the wisdom and timing if I need to discuss this at all with her.  One thing for sure I have repented of doing this behind her back anymore.  I brought home a workers pc to work on the other day and was working on it in the open.  She asked about it and I told her what I was doing and she had no problem with it.

Thanks for your prayers on this.