• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/02/1974

I was an atheist most of my life since I was old enough to have an opinion.

Alphaparticle. Should I call you the potential energy of any mass?

Sorry I haven't answered. I don't get on-line often. Sometimes I'll go for days, or weeks, without getting on-line; sometimes months. Sometimes I'm busy, sometimes I need a distraction (and uplifting perspectives :)).

To be honest, a secular Jewish account is something I hadn't considered. You know better than I do, though. Thank you for sharing. I, truly, appreciate it.

Yes, you're right. It is (and MUST BE) more than a simple intellectual acknowledgement. Paul tells us that we can question our faith, and should. Our faith can take scrutiny because God is real, Jesus is real, and He died for our sins. When we question (honestly, and objectively) we will come to the natural conclusion of Jesus. But, it is more than that. It has to be more than that. Otherwise we're merely robots that recognize the truth of Creation and God's plan. Obvious. If that was God's goal He could have easily made automatons, with no need of "free will" in order to make creatures like Himself. He did, though (make creatures like Himself, not automatons).

He wants more than simple recognition. He wants love. The kind of love he has taught us, through example (through His sacrifice, and at any any other time in Scripture). Yes, you're right. A simple intellectual acknowledgement isn't good enough...not by far. After all, every Demon and poor Soul in Hell "acknowledges' that there is a God, yet they still choose to reject Him.

Again, thank you for sharing. As I said, it's uplifting. This is the kind of thing I was looking for. Thank you.

Edited by Rodion_Raskolnikov_

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

No problem.