Pulled away from God?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I was dating this guy for about a year. Before i sarted to dated him i was soo much more closer to God . But now i don't feel that same way anymore. Was that guy i was dating pulled me away from god? See he wasn't a christian & now he is a baby christian. But i don't know this: Can i nonchristian guy that i've been datin pull me away from God? & How can i get back to the closeness of God that i was @ before i started to date him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  372
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/20/1990

I really can't help you because I am not that close to GOD.Alll I am going to say is prayer and read the Bible.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Spiritual Girl,

The answer to your question is absolutely another person can change your focus... IF you allow them to do so. Bad company corrupts good morals, doesn't it? [1 Corinthians 15:33]

So what do you do?

Deuteronomy 4

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

I'm going out with a non-Christian and I'm as close to God as I ever have been. I think it depends on how strong your faith is. If this guy was very against you being a Christian, then he may have had some influence on you, but at the end of the day, only you can make yourself turn away from God.

You could jsut be in a 'dip'. Everyone has them. Keep praying, reading the Bible etc and you could find your faith to be as strong as it was before you met this guy.

Guest Christian Counselor

The well-known Bible verse about not getting into "unequally yoked" relationships refers to even friendships let alone dating relationships.Our friends always influence our thinking and behavior.It's impossible to remain a friend with someone without conforming to some extent with their lifestyle.The fact that your boyfriend is now a "baby" Christian indicates that he is still involved in a considerable amount of sin.

In addition to only maintaining friendships with strong Christians and greatly increasing your spiritual activities,it is essential that you pray for the baptism of the Holy Spirit if you have not received it,or a new infilling of the Holy Spirit if you have received it previously.Once you receive this gift ,you'll find yourself in a close relationship with God.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/01/1965

:) think long, deep and hard about friendships with those who don't say take it to God, have you prayed about it, or when you need them the most they are not there. A person of God will ask about praying even when they know they are not talking to a Christian.

Sometimes we secretly say to God, I wish this person knew you. I work with a lot of non Christians and it is hard. Interacting with them does influence you no matter who doesn't want to admit it.

I can't change a person but I can decide who I associate with. I tried dating men who said they believed in God but in the end.....I was the one who stood there saying God doesn't want me treated like this. This isn't how God intended man and woman to be.

Your body is a holy temple and in the midst of someone saying that they care for you and have your back....are they praying with you? Do they say we need to pray over that?

I wish I knew or had the relationships that some of the ones that God has blessed with on these boards, but until it is for me AND WHAT IS FOR ME IS FOR ME....God will just have to prepare him to come my way.

So you think, pray, do your study in what God intended relationships to be. Then you will know that leaving a person not intune with God is the best thing for you. There will be days of such loneliness (man's world) but in taking each MOMENT as it comes you will get through.

For those of you going through this just as she and I are and as we learn to pray more for ourselves and the needs of others....stand in the gap for us. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Just to add a tidbit of information to everything that's already been said....

If you were close to God before you started dating him and then found your relationship with God was suffering since you started dating him... it means you have put your boyfriend before God in your life.

This goes for ANYTHING, not just people. How much time do we spend watching TV, going out, playing video games, reading other books, talking on the phone, working, running errands, etc.., But have we spent time with God or in His Word yet that day? God must come first in our lives, before everything else. People say that they don't have time to read their Bible. Hogwash! Everyone has the same 24 hours. Yes, it can be more difficult for some people... namely mothers/parents of small children (God bless them richly!)... but it's still possible.

*** I'm not saying we need to set aside hours a day to read the Word and pray. It's not about "how much time." It's about giving God our best and making Him the Priority in our lives by not trying to squeeze Him into our day.

We shouldn't try to fit God into our daily lives, but to organize our daily lives around our time with God. He must come first. The amazing thing is, when we do this, God honors us and things can become smoother and "easier". What we need to get through the day will be there for us BECAUSE we gave God first place in our day! He will give us the wisdom we need when making decisions. He will open doors for things to be accomplished with more ease than they otherwise might have been.

It's better than having to try to get through our days on our own efforts and then asking God to bless those instead! He wants to be a part of our every days lives and is interested in everything that concerns us. Being in constant prayer is to be mindful of God throughout the day and doing all things as you were doing them for Him.

Guest aliengurl
I think it depends on how strong your faith is. If this guy was very against you being a Christian, then he may have had some influence on you, but at the end of the day, only you can make yourself turn away from God.

I have to agree with you on that.

Edited by aliengurl