Soccer Practice Problem

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Oops! I put Dear other one when it should have been Dear Spiritual girl. Sorry.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

Wouldn't it be kinda helpful to have someone to practise with at least once in a while?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

:blink: why do you NOT want to kick the ball with some new kids in the neighborhood??????
Edited by spiritual_girl

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  18

Well, I guess I have to be the one to wear the dirty gloves here. Sis, I don't think that you should be obligated to anyone about this. You are busy practicing. Your answer should be sufficient. You are not being racist by that. And you should not have to feel the need to justify it.

Edited by spiritual_girl

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Well I was gonna say invite her to play with you...she may be a wonderful player and an asset to your team. But you not on a team...so scratch that. :blink:

It sounds like to me that she wants to be friends...I guess none of us can say what she has went through previous to living in your neighborhood that may have hurt her in the past because of her color....hence her saying "it must be my color"...I'm not saying its right for her to jump to that conclusion but we don't know her reasons.

I say like all the rest be friendly and maybe once in a while let her play...or even just sit down and talk with her for a little while...she has to feel lonely not knowing anyone...and nervous...which by the way could be why she is jumping to conclusions...

If it was me...I would make an effort to get to know her....I always did in school when a new person came in...the fear and apprehension on their faces got to me everytime, so I made an effort to make them feel welcome...did they all stay my friends, no, some would usually go on to make others in school, but they always had a smile and wave for me and my friends as we passed in the hall.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/01/1965

thank you for understanding my answer "spiritual girl" I wanted to just tell you that it is nice to have some one want to play and do the same things that you do. Now that I know you are not on a team I want to encourage you to keep in shape but once i a while do ask someone else to play wtih you. It can end in the two of you falling down in laughther over some play you did and end up having a friend for life.

Well I was gonna say invite her to play with you...she may be a wonderful player and an asset to your team.  But you not on a team...so scratch that. :thumbsup:

It sounds like to me that she wants to be friends...I guess none of us can say what she has went through previous to living in your neighborhood that may have hurt her in the past because of her color....hence her saying "it must be my color"...I'm not saying its right for her to jump to that conclusion but we don't know her reasons.

I say like all the rest be friendly and maybe once in a while let her play...or even just sit down and talk with her for a little while...she has to feel lonely not knowing anyone...and nervous...which by the way could be why she is jumping to conclusions...

If it was me...I would make an effort to get to know her....I always did in school when a new person came in...the fear and apprehension on their faces got to me everytime, so I made an effort to make them feel welcome...did they all stay my friends, no,  some would usually go on to make others in school, but they always had a smile and wave for me and my friends as we passed in the hall.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7

SPIRITUAL GIRL!!!

sorry that I confused you sis. Let me try and restate what I was saying and better help you to understand my point. Hopefully this wont start some other topic. Thats not what I want here :wub:

Reverse Racism is something that I believe is happening today. It's really the same as people without Christ, attempting to create "righteousness" for society, but of their own efforts and not really from the convictions that the Spirit of God brings. Its kindve like this, black people went through very hard times in the past in this country. White people apologize for it. But instead of leaving it at that, and letting people be people, we start to over apologize as a society. Minorities are given special treatment. They are not dealt with on a level of man or women. Instead, individuals are dealt with based on their color, and in your case, you would have been obligated to let this person play with you when you wanted to practice and not play, simply because, if you didnt, then you were a considered racist. That is reverse racism. Its a phony courtesy and worldly "open-mindedness" and not genuine courtesy based on person instead of color. Does this help? lol sorry if youre still lost sis :thumbsup::wub:

In short, its kissing up and being afraid to treat everyone with the same manner. (thats why I said that reverse racism, although seemingly "nice" actually keeps racism in our minds. Though its a racism based on being overly nice instead of being mean, its still keeping us in the state of seeing colors. Thats reverse racism. GOT IT!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

oh yeah, and yes, Im saying, I agree with the fact that you want to practice. But yes, first thing I'd do is take it to the Lord, and ask Him to help you guys to be friends as He sees fit to open relationships for your life. This way, youre not doing "nice things" out of guilt and obligation, which has no real fruit and value, but instead, your friendship is genuine and real, and of the Lord. Dont push for anything, but yes, like everyone else says, dont be a person who makes others feel completely neglected. Just let God handle it and be in control. And let yourself be available. As well, be a nice neighbor. Just don't over due it and become a fake smile with legs ok :wub::wub: