IGNORED

Is it too late?

Perrin556

Hey Missy read Judges, the Israelites rejected God time and time again. Each time they cried out God once again delivered them. This is a prime example of His never ending grace. The Israelites turned and worshipped other Gods, even sacrificing there children to some. When they cried out God listened, but when they turned away He let them go to the enemy for discipline. I am not God so therefore I can not give you an absolute answer to your question. But the whole scripture is set before us as an example of how God deals with us. God never changes so with that in mind read judges it's a very enlightening chapter of our human history.

Love in Yeshua's name

Shilou

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you all. You have certainly given me food for thought.

This person means the world to me. He is my 14 year old son.  

Yes, I was fooled into thinking he had accepted Christ when the rest of the family had in the fall of 1999. I was fooled when we were baptised in April of 2000.  Looking back, I know now that I did not see any "fruit" then and do not see it now either.  My heart broke when he told us.

My husband, Rick, and I have spoken at length with him regarding all of this since we found out it had all been a lie - shown him scripture upon scripture about salvation, damnation,etc.  He knows what is required of him in order to have eternal life as well as I do.

I honestly don't know his motives.  Does he truly feel repentent about saying he was better than God? That others should bow down and worship him?  Does he truly want salvation?  He brought the evil one into our home when he rejected Christ and was eager to do as the evil one said.  He knew exactly what he was doing and he didn't care.

I cannot begin to know the heart of God and I know it is between Him and my son and that I have done my part and that all I can do is pray.  It doesn't stop the heartache however.  I know that only the Lord truly knows my son's heart.  Like I said, I know that when I am in heaven, I will not know if my son is not there, it's the thought of him not being there and being in the alternate place - the lake of fire for eternity - that is "killing" me.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Missy:

My heart goes out to you and your family as I too have a prodical son who professed salvation at 15 and now at 32 is going on in a self-destructive life.

God knows the situation and we know that each soul is precious to him.  At times we do not understand why some of these things happen and yet if we want peace we have to trust him.  He gave us our children and we know that it is not his will that they be lost forever.

May God bless you and your family at this time and may it be that your son will be awakened to his need by the Spirit of God and know what it is to rest in Christ.

Your brother in Christ

Robert

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Shadow - ahhhh yes the "my parents are the dumbest people in the world" syndrome. We have become stupid too - at least in his eyes. Thankfully our other 2 (13 and 10) don't think that YET. lol  

As an aside, my husband Rick also used to work on the pipeline as a welder's helper about 12 years ago up in MN, MI and that area. He loved it!

Praise God that your son has turned back to the Lord! What a wonderful testimony!

We are giving our son over to the Lord - only He can do it! We can't, that's for sure!

Robert - you and your son are in my prayers!

God bless!

YSIC

Missy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Missy & Shadow:

BTW, my husband's a welder (journeyman and finisher).

BTW, Missy - anyone who's raised teenagers, (myself included) knows how fickle they are. We were once like that ourselves.

Your son was only 11 years old when he was saved. He's still just a boy. Kids at that age are going through all kinds of changes, (physically, mentally and emotionally). God fully understands this.

We who have parented teenagers know what a difficult time this is for you and sympathize. Your son is blessed to have such loving and concerned parents.  Peace to you!  _Cat

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Cat:

I can't respond to your PM.  You need to clear some space in your folder as it appears you've maxed out in PMs.

Guest shadow2b
Shadow - ahhhh yes the "my parents are the dumbest people in the world" syndrome. We have become stupid too - at least in his eyes. Thankfully our other 2 (13 and 10) don't think that YET. lol

Cat:

I can't respond to your PM.