uvn477

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

What do those last two posts have to do with the conversation?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

What do those last two posts have to do with the conversation?  You can't dispute the topic at hand so you turn people's eyes off of the point???  And smalcald...i wouldn't consider Protestant and Catholic differences as things "not essential" to the faith.  Not by a long shot.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Halifax,

Well they have to do with the conversation I was having with Fiosh and I think Pax. I mean more than one conversation is allowed right? You can't say they are trying to turn people's eyes off the point, when they were simply responding to my posts. You could say I was doing that, but not really them.

But I think you bring up a good point for discussion, something that never really gets out there we always seem to be talking around it.

In your opinion, what do Catholics believe that is so intrinsically different than what many bible believing Protestants believe, that is essential to the Christian faith? In your opinion, what do they believe that is so noxious, that puts them outside of the basic Christian faith proclaimed in the Gospels?

What do those last two posts have to do with the conversation?

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Thanks Halifax.

I would be curious to hear what Pax and Fios say about that.

When I have asked that question of Catholic friends their response is that they do trust Jesus alone for salvation, and that trust leads them to do what they believe He told them to do, belong to the RCC, and partake of His Church.

I disagree with their reasoning on that, however I do think they claim to start with Christ alone, but I could be wrong?

Thanks Halifax.

When I have asked that question of Catholic friends their response is that they do trust Jesus alone for salvation, and that trust leads them to do what they believe He told them to do, belong to the RCC, and partake of His Church.

I disagree with their reasoning on that, however I do think they claim to start with Christ alone, but I could be wrong?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't believe that Jesus would lead people to worship according to the Roman Catholic Church doctrine. That is why I left...and that is what I believe.

Are there some true Christians deceived into fellowshipping in the RCC??? Certainly yes (read my signature quote). But these Christians are not "Catholic" by definition. A "Catholic" by definition does not have a saving faith in Jesus Christ...in fact...a true Catholic would call assured salvation heresy.

Fiosh has still not responded to my PM requests to her regarding the Catholic stance on salvation. I too would like to hear what they shoot back.

God bless.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Thanks Halifax.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't believe that Jesus would lead people to worship according to the Roman Catholic Church doctrine. That is why I left...and that is what I believe.

Are there some true Christians deceived into fellowshipping in the RCC??? Certainly yes (read my signature quote). But these Christians are not "Catholic" by definition. A "Catholic" by definition does not have a saving faith in Jesus Christ...in fact...a true Catholic would call assured salvation heresy.

Fiosh has still not responded to my PM requests to her regarding the Catholic stance on salvation. I too would like to hear what they shoot back.

God bless.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi HC,

I only got home from work a little while ago and have been catching up on what I missed here.

I have not gotten your PM re: salvation.

Wish I had HOURS each day to devote to WB, I truly do love the exchanges we have here. And there are so many interesting topics going at the present time.

Alas.............

But, I'm soon off for a walk/run to try to keep this old body in working condition. Plus I have some paperwork to finish.

I'll get to your PM as soon as I receive it.

Peace,

Fiosh

PS> Don't say anything too atrocious about the RCC while I'm gone.

;-)

Thanks Halifax.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

God bless.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi HC,

I only got home from work a little while ago and have been catching up on what I missed here.

I have not gotten your PM re: salvation.

Wish I had HOURS each day to devote to WB, I truly do love the exchanges we have here. And there are so many interesting topics going at the present time.

Alas.............

But, I'm soon off for a walk/run to try to keep this old body in working condition. Plus I have some paperwork to finish.

I'll get to your PM as soon as I receive it.

Peace,

Fiosh

PS> Don't say anything too atrocious about the RCC while I'm gone.

;-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like steve urkel said...Would I do that??? (Okay, I changed "did" to "would"...same dif...)

I'll re-send that PM. Anyway, I too must take a break from here. I love it...but I'm afraid I'm not giving due diligence to other aspects of the Christian walk...and, oh yeah...I have to eat too!!! See you later fiosh...my nemesis!!!!ahaha :emot-hug: