Keith

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 2 Timothy 4:4

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine.... we are really living in this time. I hope a church like this never comes to my neighborhood. But I suppose as time goes on we will see more and more of this. What is a person supposed to do? There are so many false prophets and false doctrines within the church.

For many will come in My name,....and will deceive many...all these are the beginning of sorrows. I'm ready to take my Bible and go live in a cave. Can anyone recommend one in a nice christian neighborhood? :blink:

In Christ,

CarolineS

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Relative truth holds as much substance as a wet paper bag.

Then every spiritual person whether christian, hindu, buddhist, islamic, pagan or otherwise is a wet paper bag, because none if it can be proven....which is why not everyone believes it. Gravity exists, you would be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't believe that.

And just to clarify....

Where in the Bible does it say it's okay to burn witches?

Tattoos was never forbidden in the Bible. Marking on oneself in worship of the dead was forbidden however (it's a form of pagan worship).

Shaving the sides of the face was written to levite Priest, not the church.

"Do not cut the hair at the sides of your face or clip the edges of your beard. Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord" Leviticus 19:27-28 (The "Rules for Priests" section of this book starts at Chapter 21)

"A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; thier blood will be on thier own heads."

Leviticus 20:27

So my apologies. It says they should be STONED not BURNED. My bad!

And just to also point out.....

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; thier blood will be on thier own heads."

Leviticus 20:13

So are these verses to be followed or do christians just choose not to follow them anymore?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow this is easy :blink:

"Do not cut the hair at the sides of your face or clip the edges of your beard. Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord" Leviticus 19:27-28 (The "Rules for Priests" section of this book starts at Chapter 21)

Thsi is in reference to Jewish priest, of which none exist anymore. In other words, it was not written to Christians or the Jews as a whole. Likewise, both were symbolic of pagan rituals at the time this was written, thus it is addressing pagan rituals (as admitted in context, putting markings on the body for the dead) and not the actual acts.

"A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; thier blood will be on thier own heads."

Leviticus 20:27

So my apologies. It says they should be STONED not BURNED. My bad!

Again, this is the consequence of violating the levitical law which:

1) We are no longer tied to

2) Jesus took the consequences for these sin upon the cross. Now there is only one eternal consequence for unforgiven sin.

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; thier blood will be on thier own heads."

Leviticus 20:13

So are these verses to be followed or do christians just choose not to follow them anymore?

Already explained this one. :21:

So, again, are you a Christian?

Guest dark_emily

I'm through here. All you people are doing is twisting my words....I'm not a scholar so any "flaws" that are pointed out are probably my fault simply because I'm not a theologian. All I'll say is that people have a right to believe as they want and as long as they are not harming anyone else on the way, then they deserve the equality that is afforded to them. You can oppose anything you want but please do it with respect to the fact that not everyone believes the same thing as you. We live in free countries. You entitled to your rights just as I am entitled to mine. One christian told me one time a great definition of humility....."simply allowing someone else thier full dignity". Well spoken. We must ALL start to behave in that manner. Just because we disagree does not mean we cannot respect each other. There is a difference between standing up for what you believe in and pushing down what others believe in.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

I'm through here. All you people are doing is twisting my words....I'm not a scholar so any "flaws" that are pointed out are probably my fault simply because I'm not a theologian. All I'll say is that people have a right to believe as they want and as long as they are not harming anyone else on the way, then they deserve the equality that is afforded to them. You can oppose anything you want but please do it with respect to the fact that not everyone believes the same thing as you. We live in free countries. You entitled to your rights just as I am entitled to mine. One christian told me one time a great definition of humility....."simply allowing someone else thier full dignity". Well spoken. We must ALL start to behave in that manner. Just because we disagree does not mean we cannot respect each other. There is a difference between standing up for what you believe in and pushing down what others believe in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. There is a certain degree of respect, but when a self-proclaimed Christian comes on here and tries to advocate a sinful lifestyle as "normal" sometimes you just gotta get tough. Likewise, the only time I addressed you in my last post was asking if you're a Christian.

You're throwing up a victim's smoke screen. No one said anything to you, instead you realized you were in over your head so now you cry "foul" to get out of an intellectual reply. Not a very good strategy to try and prove your point.