Shimon

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Hoshannah Rabbah, the seventh day of Sukkot, is the culmination of the water offerings; this was the height of the celebration.  Yeshua was attending Sukkot and teaching at the Temple (John 7:28), On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Yeshua stood up and cried out loudly, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. Whoever believes in Me, as the Scripture says, ‘out of his innermost being will flow rivers of living water’” (John 7:37-38, TLV).

Yeshua explained to his talmidav (students), “I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away! For if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you” (John 16:7, TLV). The receiving of the Ruach after the death and resurrection of Yeshua was a down payment on the complete fulfillment prophecy, concerning the outpouring of the spirit:

“And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out My spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions; and also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out My spirit” (Joel 3:1-2, JPS 1917 Tanach).

The Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) will be poured out upon the people at that time; yet, even now, upon receiving Yeshua, the guidance and consolation of the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) is promised, as he previously explained to his talmidav, for all who receive Yeshua in sincerity are also given the Ruach. As per words of Yeshua, “When the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all the truth” (John 16:13, TLV).

Sukkot points toward the Messianic Kingdom, “And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations that came against Jerusalem shall go up year to year to worship the King, the L-RD of Hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles [Sukkot]” (Zechariah 14:16, JPS 1917 Tanach). At this time, the restoration of the Davidic line will occur, when Moshiach (Messiah) reigns from Jerusalem.

The fallen Sukkah of David (see Amos 9:11, Acts 15:15-16), referring both to the Temple and Yeshua, may also be understood symbolically to represent the time of exile, when no Temple exists. Yet, the Sukkah of David will be restored, when the Temple is rebuilt, and Yeshua HaMoshiach, who returns from the heavens (see Acts 1:11), is anointed Melech (King) after the seven year tribulation.

Edited by Shimon