halifaxchristian

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

That does not state that he that does not be baptized will be damned.  Tell me, in light of Mark 16:16, how much does baptism profit for an unbeliever?  Do you baptize babies?  As for the second verse, would this verse also be the type of good conscience toward the resurrection?

Romans 10:9 KJV

(9)  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the    , thou shalt be saved.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why would you confess your faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, and then not do what He says, namely, "be bapitzed" ?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Why would you confess your faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, and then not do what He says, namely, "be bapitzed" ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been baptized Fiosh. But I don't go and teach contrary to the Bible. It is a commandment, but if someone asks how they may be saved I don't tell them to go and be baptized. I would then tell them what the scripture states.

Acts 16:30-31 KJV

(30) And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

(31) And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

THEN I tell them to be baptized and take communion, which leads to further sanctification.

Acts 16:33 KJV

(33) And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

I guess it would be tough luck for astronauts, desert nomads, or tribulation children if they wanted to be saved. :noidea:

That does not state that he that does not be baptized will be damned.  Tell me, in light of Mark 16:16, how much does baptism profit for an unbeliever?  Do you baptize babies?  As for the second verse, would not this verse also be an answer of a good conscience toward the resurrection?

Romans 10:9 KJV

(9)  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I, personally, only ever baptized one baby, about 25 years ago.

I was 3 months pregnant and having a miscarriage. I baptized the baby in my womb.

The Catholic Church does baptize babies, and it is Scriptural.

In the Old Testament God instituted circumcision as a way of bringing a male child into the Covenant ( Gen 17: 1-14). It was done when the baby was 8 days old.

Circumcision was a sign of stripping away human hard-heartedness toward God and entering into God's Covenant with His people.

Baptism in the New Covenant replaces circumcision in the Old Covenant. Just as parents, including Mary & Joseph, brought their children to the Temple to covenant with God on their behalf, so we bring our children to be baptized to be brought into God's family.

Scripture repeatedly shows how one believer can obtain blessings, healing and forgiveness for another.

Gen 18: 16-33

Matt 8: 5-13

Luke 7: 1-20

Matt 15: 221-28

Luke 5: 17-26

The Bible also speaks of "entire households" or the "whole family" being baptized; it does not exclude the children or babies.

Acts 16: 15 and 32-34

I Cor 1:16

I believe that in Baptism we receive the gift of the Holy Spirit and become sons of God. Baptism gives us the grace to reject sin and recognize our Father.

Why would I withhold that gift from my child?

:noidea:

In His Love,

Fiosh

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been baptized Fiosh. But I don't go and teach contrary to the Bible. It is a commandment, but if someone asks how they may be saved I don't tell them to go and be baptized. I would then tell them what the scripture states.

And, surprisingly, I would agree with you. I have actually had that conversation with people, so I'm sure. Have I said otherwise? If so please poinit that out to me so I can look it up in context.

Still, it is a command. What did Peter say to the crowd when they asked him, " what shall we do?" ?

He said, " Repent, and be baptized......and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit".

Please remind me what we disagree about????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ma'am, you child is fine even without the baptism. I am sure you have heard it said.

2 Samuel 12:22-23 KJV

(22) And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live?

(23) But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Pax...you said:

There are two reasons why I usually don't qoute sources.

Ma'am, you child is fine even without the baptism. I am sure you have heard it said.

2 Samuel 12:22-23 KJV

(22) And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live?

(23) But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I know. I believe that my Father is full of gentleness and compassion.

Thanks, Aim.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Gotta go to work guys...see you tommorrow...Lord willing. God bless! :(

Oh yeah...fiosh...my nemesis...thankyou for calling me "victorious" earlier on!!! :noidea::noidea::24:

Pax...you said:

There are two reasons why I usually don't qoute sources.