IGNORED

Death and heaven

Guest lvnpeace

Guest lvnpeace

I have a question, I believe that our souls stay with our bodies at death, But it has come to my attention that a lot of Christians believe that our souls go to heaven to GOD until the last day of judgement and then we are judge and sent to where ever we belong. I am very surprised by this beacause it makes no sense that we could live in heaven without bodies for so long, just to come and retrieve them later on? I do know that in 2kings Elisha asked Elijah to inherit a double portion of his spirit, which is what goes to heaven when we die. I do not believe that this is our soul! What do other christians think?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

What I rely upon is "to be absent from the body is to be present with God".

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  151
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/06/1966

Having talked to people who died, I have a very solid impression our souls do not rest with the body. Where they go, I don't know, but its somewhere else.

Guest duane65
I have a question, I believe that our souls stay with our bodies at death, But it has come to my attention that a lot of Christians believe that our souls go to heaven to GOD until the last day of judgement and then we are judge and sent to where ever we belong. I am very surprised by this beacause it makes no sense that we could live in heaven without bodies for so long, just to come and retrieve them later on? I do know that in 2kings Elisha asked Elijah to inherit a double portion of his spirit, which is what goes to heaven when we die. I do not believe that this is our soul! What do other christians think?

Hey L.P.

We are created in Gods image, so since God is a Spirit, then we are a spirit. We ARE a spirit, we have a soul, and we inhabit a body. Your body is not created, it is born of parents. Your spirit is created, and it has a soul. Your brain is the computer that holds the soul, because on a physical basis, your brain is just tissue, and your soul is your intellect, and your emotions. The spirits internal organs are the fruits of the Spirit.

Imagine a coat. Your body is like a coat. When you put on your coat, it gets filled out, and it conforms to your body, and it moves to how your body moves. Take off that coat, and it will lie lifeless in the corner. When your body dies, it will lay lifeless, because you as a spirit has left it. Remember the richman and Lazarus? The rich man knew he was in hell, and he knew Lazarus. He had never met Abraham before, but he knew that it was Abraham with Lazarus. Why? Because his spiritual intellect (his soul) was still with him, and it was so sharp that it knew a man that it had never seen before, and it remembered a man that it already knew. In Thessalonians it says that we will meet Jesus in the air, and we will be changed in the twinkling of an eye. We will have glorified bodies just like Jesus, and our souls will be so sharp, and we will understand many things. God bless. Duane.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I believe we are made of body, soul, and spirit.

Our body goes in the grave. The soul rests or sleeps. And the spirit, which is the breath of life, given by God, goes back to the Lord.

When Jesus returns at His second coming, our body, soul, and spirit will be reunited and transformed in the twinkling of an eye. We shall then receive the gift of immortality. It is our reward. We are not immortal right now, only God is. Scripture tells us that the wages of sin are death.

If you believe that the soul lives forever and goes to heaven immediately upon death, you have fallen for Satan's lie in his first sermon in the Garden. He told Eve, "You shall not surely die." Isn't better to believe God's word? So many people so easily accept Satan's word over God's.

In Christ,

CarolineS

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

The soul of man is made up of the dust of the ground and the breath of life from God.

Ge 2

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

When a person takes there last breath their souls are dead unless they have the hope of Christ's resurection.

Ps 89

48 What man is he that liveth, and shall not see death? shall he deliver his soul from the hand of the grave?

Ps 78

50 he spared not their soul from death, but gave their life over to the pestilence;

Ps 116

8 For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.

To be dead is darkness. To be alive is light.

Ps 56

13 For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?

Denise

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The soul of man is made up of the dust of the ground and the breath of life from God.

Ge 2

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

When a person takes there last breath their souls are dead unless they have the hope of Christ's resurection.

Ps 89

48 What man is he that liveth, and shall not see death? shall he deliver his soul from the hand of the grave?

Ps 78

50 he spared not their soul from death, but gave their life over to the pestilence;

Ps 116

8 For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.

To be dead is darkness. To be alive is light.

Ps 56

13 For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?

Denise

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Hey L.P.

We are created in Gods image, so since God is a Spirit, then we are a spirit. We ARE a spirit, we have a soul, and we inhabit a body. Your body is not created, it is born of parents. Your spirit is created, and it has a soul. Your brain is the computer that holds the soul, because on a physical basis, your brain is just tissue, and your soul is your intellect, and your emotions. The spirits internal organs are the fruits of the Spirit.

*picks jaw up off the floor*

I have read less heresy in the writings of the worst Gnostics then what I just read here.

For one, both exist on the same ontological field while God transcends both metaphysically. Thus while we can read and see that "God is a spirit" the truth is that God is more. For one, God the Son came down in a physical form and even after His ressurection was able to eat (physical) but also transcend walls (spirit). In essence, soul, spirit, and body are all metaphysically the same whereas God is above it all. We are created in the image of God however this does not mean we are merely spirits inhabting a body. The soul relies upon the body and the body relies upon the soul. For one, the body is most definately a created thing, just like the soul. From the dust of the earth God pulled us together and then gave us life. Yes parents go through the process to create the baby, however we know from scripture that we are formed by God in the womb. This takes on the physical connotations, not just spiritual. God forms our physical and spiritual forms, there is no getting around it. To say we are solely spirit and we must transcend our body and this world is to take on a purely Gnostic view. Was Jesus just a spirit or did He have a physical form?

Guest duane65

Hey L.P.

I have read less heresy in the writings of the worst Gnostics then what I just read here.

For one, both exist on the same ontological field while God transcends both metaphysically. Thus while we can read and see that "God is a spirit" the truth is that God is more. For one, God the Son came down in a physical form and even after His ressurection was able to eat (physical) but also transcend walls (spirit). In essence, soul, spirit, and body are all metaphysically the same whereas God is above it all. We are created in the image of God however this does not mean we are merely spirits inhabting a body. The soul relies upon the body and the body relies upon the soul. For one, the body is most definately a created thing, just like the soul. From the dust of the earth God pulled us together and then gave us life. Yes parents go through the process to create the baby, however we know from scripture that we are formed by God in the womb. This takes on the physical connotations, not just spiritual. God forms our physical and spiritual forms, there is no getting around it. To say we are solely spirit and we must transcend our body and this world is to take on a purely Gnostic view. Was Jesus just a spirit or did He have a physical form?

Hey Super Jew.

Just a little loving correction. God does not want us to be condescending, or rude when we don't agree with someone else. If you don't agree with someone, then tell them you don't agree, or keep it to yourself, if you cannot disagree in a proper manner. We will lose our brother, or sister if we call them names, or refer to their teachings as heresy. I am a born again Christian, not an agnostic. I would truly appreciate in the future if you would treat me and others with more God commanded love, and respect than your actions showed here. Thank you and God bless you. Duane

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Hey L.P.

Hey Super Jew.

Just a little loving correction. God does not want us to be condescending, or rude when we don't agree with someone else. If you don't agree with someone, then tell them you don't agree, or keep it to yourself, if you cannot disagree in a proper manner. We will lose our brother, or sister if we call them names, or refer to their teachings as heresy. I am a born again Christian, not an agnostic. I would truly appreciate in the future if you would treat me and others with more God commanded love, and respect than your actions showed here. Thank you and God bless you. Duane

Gnostic describes your belief. If you don't like the "name calling" then change your belief.