IGNORED

We do not need to ascend into heaven to receive God’s Word (Christ)

Stewardofthemystery

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.33
  • Content Count:  969
  • Content Per Day:  2.84
  • Days Won:  2

We need not ascend into heaven to receive Christ, because the Word will come down from heaven; even as Christ came down from the Father in heaven.

Jesus said…

John 3:13 “And no man hath "ascended up" to heaven, but he that "came down" from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.” (The Word comes down to dwell “in”us)

Romans 10:6-8 “But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall "ascend" into heaven? (that is, to bring "Christ down" from above)
7 Or, Who shall "descend" into the deep? (that is, to bring up "Christ" again from the dead.)
8 But what saith it? "The word" is nigh thee, even "in" thy mouth, and "in" thy heart: that is, “the word of faith,” which we preach;”

This above also confirms Christ is "the Word", and the very words of God come down from heaven, spoken also by Moses to all of Israel.

Paul in Romans 10:6-8 is pulling these words from Deuteronomy chapter 30 verses 11-14 concerning all the Lord commanded him to speak.”

Deuteronomy 30:11-14

11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.”

If God has written His words upon your heart/mind by the Holy Spirit, then Christ is “in” you, and you are “in” Christ.

John 14:18-21

King James Version

18 I will not leave you comfortless: “I will come to you.”

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; “but ye see me:” because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I “in”you.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will “manifest myself” to him.”

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is “in”you, except ye be reprobates?

In Christ

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1