secondtimearound

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I collect old photos of the 19th century. There are some paper photos, and a few 

old tintypes, and ambrotypes, and even one daguerretype. I hope I spelled that last one right!

The one I want to mention today is an old paper cabinet card from the 1890s era.

It pictures two old couples, all perhaps about 75-80 years old, and it is marked as being

from Central Pennsylvania.  

The thing is they are all happy and smiling. The two ladies are sitting on chairs, and the men

are behind them standing. Some people might wonder why they all look so centent. None of

them have more than a few years more to live on this earth surely! Perhaps not that long.

But now that I am almost as old probably as some of these people I think I know why

they are smiling. My feeling is that they are saved in God through the Lord Jesus Christ.

They are past the prime of life on earth, but there is more life on the way. On the way to

Heaven. If I am right about them...then I say "God bless them!!"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,558
  • Content Per Day:  12.21
  • Days Won:  31

On 10/9/2023 at 8:52 AM, secondtimearound said:

I collect old photos of the 19th century. There are some paper photos, and a few 

old tintypes, and ambrotypes, and even one daguerretype. I hope I spelled that last one right!

The one I want to mention today is an old paper cabinet card from the 1890s era.

It pictures two old couples, all perhaps about 75-80 years old, and it is marked as being

from Central Pennsylvania.  

The thing is they are all happy and smiling. The two ladies are sitting on chairs, and the men

are behind them standing. Some people might wonder why they all look so centent. None of

them have more than a few years more to live on this earth surely! Perhaps not that long.

But now that I am almost as old probably as some of these people I think I know why

they are smiling. My feeling is that they are saved in God through the Lord Jesus Christ.

They are past the prime of life on earth, but there is more life on the way. On the way to

Heaven. If I am right about them...then I say "God bless them!!"

Reminds me of joy in Philippians 4............. :)

• Thumbs Up 1