EvKrev

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

In 2024, I'm putting myself on a spiritual probation where I must read the Bible daily, give thanks for every meal and blessing, and pray continually. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckV3L2qOmIE

Admin Note: See YouTube video: Christian Spiritual Probation 2024 New Years Resolution

I hope to become more disciplined in The Lord this year. May I gain wisdom. 

Edited by Michael37
YouTube Title Added

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,472
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

5 hours ago, EvKrev said:

In 2024, I'm putting myself on a spiritual probation where I must read the Bible daily, give thanks for every meal and blessing, and pray continually. 

Brother, if I might share something I hope you will hear . . . you may be setting yourself up for failure.  Why?  I read what you wrote and listened to part of your video, and you state various emphatic promises of what you will do. As Jesus said, "Apart from Me you can do nothing" and in our own energies and efforts nothing eternally profitable will be produced.  "It is the Spirit that gives life" and what we can do amounts to nothing.  If we put a law on ourselves to fulfil and perform, we will surely fail.

He came to give us life and when we accept Him and are born again we are given His life.  Only His life inside you - His Spirit one with your spirit - can live the Christian life of love, joy and peace! 

So just confess to Him that you aren't able, but He is.  Then continually give it all to Him and let Him live in you and operate through you.

Peace to you bro!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,378
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, EvKrev said:

Admin Note: See YouTube video: Christian Spiritual Probation 2024 New Years Resolution

There is a fine line between discipline and Law. Law condemns and enslaves us. You'll know you are under Law if you feel condemned when you fail to perfectly follow one of the rules you have made for yourself.

The things you listed are all good things to practice, but God does not want your fellowship with Him to be a chore to you. That is the danger of placing these actions under the "I must" category.

I would humbly suggest the following change of perspective:

- I want to read and study scripture because this is the main way that my heavenly Father communicates with me - teaching me to understand Himself and His truth (the truth).

- Throughout my day, I want to remember that God is with me, and talk to Him often (including giving Him thanks) because He is my beloved Father who loves me, and is sincerely interested in every aspect of my life, and desires to personal fellowship with HIs children - including me.

• Thumbs Up 1