IGNORED

WorthyNews:Netanyahu Tells Blinken, Israel Will Finish the Job With Or Without U.S. Support

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,314
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent

(Worthy News) – Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu informed U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken that Israel is ready to launch its military campaign in the Gaza city of Rafah to eliminate the last stronghold of Hamas with or without the support of the United States.

Netanyahu made the announcement following a meeting with U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken. The White House has been pressing Israel to delay its planned invasion of Rafah due to concerns the city is inhabited by approximately one million displaced Palestinians, whom Hamas is utilizing as human shields.

“I met with Secretary of State Blinken. I told him that I greatly appreciate the fact that for more than five months, we have been standing together in the war against Hamas. I also told him that we recognize the need to evacuate the civilian population from the combat zones and – of course – also see to the humanitarian needs, and we are working to this end,” Netanyahu stated.

However, Netanyahu emphasized, “We have no way to defeat Hamas without entering Rafah and eliminating the remnant of the battalions there.”

Netanyahu told Blinken, “I told him that I hope we would do this with US support but if necessary – we will do it alone.”

According to Axios, Secretary of State Blinken warned Netanyahu and his war cabinet that Israel’s security and international standing are at risk, with a warning that “you might not realize it until it’s too late.”

This marks Blinken’s eighth trip to Israel since the war began. Israeli media sources suggest that Blinken’s visit aims to narrow the differences between Israel and Hamas in ongoing ceasefire talks. One of the issues Blinken raised with Netanyahu was the permission for evacuees from northern Gaza to return, aligning with one of Hamas’ stipulations for a ceasefire.

Next week, an Israeli delegation is scheduled to visit Washington D.C., and Blinken confirmed the meeting stating, “We’re looking forward to having Israeli officials in Washington next week to talk about a different way of achieving these objectives. Objectives that we share of defeating Hamas and ensuring Israel’s long-term security. It really requires an integrated humanitarian military and political plan. As I said, we’ll be talking about that next week.”

It was unclear if Netanyahu would be traveling with the delegation.

However, on Thursday, U.S. House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) announced his intention to invite Netanyahu to speak before Congress, and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) indicated he would not stand in the way of the Israeli Prime Minister from addressing a joint session of Congress.

The post Netanyahu Tells Blinken, Israel Will Finish the Job With Or Without U.S. Support appeared first on Worthy Christian News.

View the full article