IGNORED

The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, has set us free from the law of sin and death?

Light Bearer

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/30/1966

Paul said in Romans 8 when he said, "The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set us free from the law of sin and death."

What is the Law of sin?

The law of sin in the above phrase is not the Law or a law found in the Book of the Law or of the Decalogue, the Ten Commandments. Most people don't understand this text, so if you think it is, you are not alone. Please follow along.

In context Paul says that he does what he doesn't want to do because sin dwells in him in Rom 7:20. After saying this he says in context to it in verse 21, "I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me."

In other words not being able to control himself (ourselves) because of the indwelling sin is the law he found. This is brought out even further by the next two verses.

Paul says that he delights in the Law of God in relation to the good that he wants to do. But then he says he sees ANOTHER law in his members. This OTHER law that he says he found, the law that when he would do good evil is present with him. It is through this law he does what he would not, because of the sin that dwells in him. He as we can't help ourselves.

O wretched man that I am who shall deliver me (us) from this body of death that has sin dwelling in it?

Then because of the good that Paul wants to do He thanks God through Jesus Christ that he serves the Law of God with His mind. But there is a contrast in his flesh that he can not do what he would. He is in captivity, serving the law of sin in and with his flesh.

However there is therefore NOW no condemnation to us who are in Christ Jesus he continues in chapter 8. We who walk after the Spirit, His Spirit and not after the flesh, the sin that dwells in it. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made us free from the law of sin, the law that he found and is, the law that when we would do good evil is present with us. The law that we do what we would not, because of the sin that dwells in us and the result of it is death. For the wages of sin is death. (Rom 6:23) For what the law, the law of God that we serve with our minds could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh that had sin dwelling in it, God sent his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:That the righteousness of the law of God might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit of Christ Jesus whom we are in. And He in us that the world might believe.

And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. So say not in your heart, who shall bring Christ, through which we recieve the Word, His commandments and statutes contained in the Book of the Law in the heart down from above or up from the deep. But the righteousness of faith speaks this. The Word is in your heart and in your mouth that you can do it. That the righteousness of the Law, the Law of God be fulfilled in us who walk after the Spirit of Christ and not after the flesh, the sin that dwells in us. This is the word of faith in which we preach.

Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above)
Rom 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Deut 30:10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
Deut 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
Deut 30:12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
Deut 30:13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
Deut 30:14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  12.20
  • Days Won:  31

@Light Bearer What a tremendous chapter is Romans 8!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,057
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

THAT  THOU  MAYEST  DO  IT 

PSALM 119:36  incline my heart unto thy testimonies and not to covetousness

EZEKIEL 33:31  and they come unto thee as the people cometh and they sit before thee and they hear thy words but they will not do them for with their mouth they show much love but their heart goeth after their covetousness

PSALM 119:138  thy testimonies that thou hast commanded are righteous and very faithful 

PSALM 119:24  thy testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors 

PSALM 119:144  the righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting give me understanding and I shall live

PSALM 25:10  all the paths of  THE  LORD  are mercy and truth unto such as keep  HIS  covenant and  HIS  testimonies 

EPHESIANS 5:5  for this you know that no whoremonger nor unclean person  ---NOR  COVETOUS  MAN  ---  WHO  IS  AN  IDOLATER---  hath any inheritance in the kingdom of  GOD

2 PETER 3:18  but grow in grace and ---IN THE KNOWLEDGE--- of our  LORD  AND  SAVIOUR  JESUS  CHRIST  ---  TO  HIM  BE  THE  GLORY  BOTH  NOW  AND  FOREVER     --AMEN--

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Thumbs Up 1

HOLY  SPIRIT  ---  A **BIBLE** STUDY 

PART  ONE

ROMANS 15:16  that I should be the minister of  JESUS  CHRIST  to the gentiles ministering the gospel of  GOD  that the offering up of the gentiles might be acceptable being --SANCTIFIED  BY  HOLY  SPIRIT--

JOHN 6:63  it is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing ---the words that  --I  speak--  unto you they are spirit and they are life---

HEBREWS 9:13  for if the blood of bulls and of goats and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh 

--9:14--  how much more shall the blood of  CHRIST  who through the eternal spirit offered himself without spot to  GOD  purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living  GOD 

1 PETER 1:2  elect according to the fore knowledge of  GOD  THE  FATHER  through sanctification of the spirit unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of  JESUS  CHRIST  grace unto you and peace be multiplied 

HEBREWS 13:12  wherefore  JESUS  also that  -- HE  MIGHT  SANCTIFY --  the people with  HIS  own blood suffered  without the gate 

ACTS 20:28  take heed therefore unto yourselves and to all the flock over the which the holy spirit hath made you overseers to feed the church of  GOD  which  HE  hath purchased with  HIS  own  blood

HEBREWS 10:29  of how much sorer punishment suppose you shall he be thought worthy who hath trodden under foot  THE  SON  OF  GOD  and hath counted the blood of the covenant wherewith he was sanctified an unholy thing and hath done despite   ---THE  SPIRIT  OF  GRACE---

ACTS 26:18  to open their eyes and to turn them from darkness to light and from the power of satan unto  GOD  that they may receive forgiveness of sins and inheritance among them which are sanctified ---BY  FAITH  THAT  IS  ME---

2 TIMOTHY 2:7  consider what I say and  THE  LORD  give thee understanding in all things 

1 TIMOTHY 2:5  for there is one  GOD  and one mediator between  GOD  and men the man  JESUS  CHRIST

*******PROVERBS 21:16  THE  MAN  THAT  WANDERETH  OUT  OF  THE  OF  UNDERSTANDING  SHALL  REMAIN  IN  THE  CONGRGATION  OF  THE  DEAD*******

1 CORINTHIANS 1:30  but of  HIM  are you in  CHRIST  JESUS  who of  GOD  is made unto us wisdom and righteousness and sanctification and redemption

JEREMIAH 17:5  thus saith  THE  LORD  cursed be the man --that trusteth in man-- and maketh flesh his arm  ---AND  WHOSE  HEART  DEPARTETH  FROM  THE  LORD---

PROVERBS 15:4  A  WHOLESOME  TONGUE  IS  A  TREE  OF  LIFE  BUT  PERVERSENESS  THEREIN  IS  A  BREACH  IN  THE  SPIRIT 

2 THESSALONIANS 2:13  but we are bound to give thanks always to  GOD  for you brethren beloved of  THE  LORD  --BECAUSE--  GOD  hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the spirit and belief in the truth

1 CORINTHIANS 15:45  AND  SO  IT  IS  WRITTEN  THE  FIRST  MAN  ADAM  WAS  MADE  A  LIVING  SOUL  THE  LAST  ADAM  WAS  MADE  A  QUICKENING  SPIRIT

--15:46-- howbeit that was not first which is spiritual but that which is natural  and afterward that which is spiritual 

--15:47--  the first man is of the earth earthy  ---the second man is  THE  LORD  from heaven---

JOHN 7:17  SANCTIFY  THEM  THROUGH  THY  TRUTH  THY  WORD  IS  TRUTH 

HOLY  SPIRIT   ---   A  ***BIBLE***  STUDY

PART 2

1 CORINTHIANS 6:11  and such --were-- some of you but you are washed but you are sanctified but you are justified in the name of   THE  LORD  JESUS  and by the spirit of our  GOD

MATTHEW 10:20  FOR  IT  IS  NOT  YOU  THAT  SPEAK  BUT  THE  SPIRIT  OF  YOUR  FATHER  WHICH  SPEAKETH  IN  YOU

EZEKIEL 13:3  thus saith  THE  LORD  GOD  woe unto the foolish prophets that follow their own spirit and have seen nothing

GALATIANS 3:3  are you so foolish having begun in the spirit are you now made perfect by the flesh 

JOHN 17:19  and for their sakes I sanctify myself that they also might be sanctified  --THROUGH  THE  TRUTH--  

PROVERBS 12:17  he that speaketh truth showeth forth righteousness but a false witness deceit 

ISAIAH 48:1  hear you this o house of jacob which are called by by the name of israel and are come forth out of the waters of judah which swear by the name of  THE  LORD  and make mention of  THE  GOD  of israel  ---BUT  NOT  IN  TRUTH  NOR  IN  RIGHTEOUSNESS---

EPHESIANS 5:9  for the fruit of the spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth

PSALM 25:5  lead me in thy truth and teach me for thou art  the  GOD  of my salvation on thee do I wait all the day 

--25:8--  good and upright is  THE  LORD  therefore will   HE   will teach sinners in the way

PROVERBS 8:20  I lead in the way of righteousness in the midst of the paths of judgment

PROVERBS 8:35  for whoso findeth  ME  findeth life and shall obtain favor of  THE  LORD

MATTHEW 10:39  he that findeth his life shall lose it and he that loseth his life for  MY  sake  shall find it 

JOHN 3:3  JESUS  answered and said unto him verily verily I say unto thee except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of  GOD  

JOHN 3:6  that which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the spirit is spirit 

GALATIANS 6:7  be not deceived  GOD  is not mocked for whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap

--6:8--  for he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption but he that soweth to the spirit shall of the spirit reap life everlasting 

JOHN 6:63  it is the spirit that quickeneth  ---THE  FLESH  PROFITETH NOTHING---  the words that  --I  SPEAK--  unto you they are spirit and they are life

1 PETER 1:23  being born again not of corruptible seed but of incorruptible ---BY  THE  WORD  OF  GOD--- which liveth and abideth for ever 

EPHESIANS 6:17  and take the helmet of salvation  ---AND  THE  SWORD  OF  THE  SPIRIT  --  WHICH  IS  THE  WORD  OF  GOD

2 THESSALONIANS 2:8  and then shall that wicked be revealed whom  THE  LORD  shall consume with  ---THE  SPIRIT  OF  HIS  MOUTH--- and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming 

REVELATION 19:10  and I fell at his feet to worship him and he said unto me see thou do it not I am thy fellowservant and of thy brethren that have ---THE  TESTIMONY  OF  JESUS  --  WORSHIP  GOD---  FOR  THE  TESTIMONY  OF  JESUS  IS  THE  SPIRIT  OF  PROPHECY---

HOLY  SPIRIT   ---  *** A  BIBLE  STUDY***

PART  3

ACTS 1:1  the former treatise have I made  o theophilus of all that  JESUS  began both to do and teach

--1:2--  until the day in which  HE  was taken up after that  HE  through the holy spirit had given commandments unto the apostles whom  HE  had chosen 

JOHN 12:48  he that rejecteth me and receiveth not  MY  words  hath one that judgeth him the words that --I  HAVE  SPOKEN-- the same shall judge him in the last day

--12:49--  for I have not spoken of myself --BUT  THE  FATHER  WHICH  SENT  ME--  HE  gave  ME  a commandment what I should say and what I should speak

--12:50--  and I know that  HIS  commandment is life everlasting whatsoever I speak therefore even as  THE  FATHER  said unto  ME  so I speak 

PSALM 56:5  EVERY  DAY  THEY  WREST  MY  WORDS  FOR  ALL  THEIR  THOUGHTS  ARE  AGAINST  ME  FOR  EVIL

JOHN 14:26  but the comforter which is the holy spirit whom  THE  FATHER  will send in  MY  NAME  he shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever I have said unto you

--14:18--  I  WILL  NOT  LEAVE  YOU  COMFORTLESS  ---I  WILL  COME  TO  YOU---

PSALM 119:50  this is my comfort in my affliction ---FOR  THY  WORD  HATH  QUICKENED  ME---

PSALM 86:17  show me a token for good that they which hate me may see it and be ashamed  ---BECAUSE  THOU  LORD  HAST  HOLPEN  ME   ---   AND  COMFORTED  ME---

2 CORINTHIANS 1:3  blessed be  GOD  even  THE  FATHER  of our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  THE  FATHER  OF  MERCIES  AND  THE  GOD  OF  ALL  COMFORT

--1:4--  who comforteth us in  --all--  our tribululation that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of  GOD 

--1:6-- and whether we be afflicted it is for your consolation and salvation which is effectual in enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer or whether we be comforted it is for your consolation and salvation

ROMANS 15:4  FOR  WHATSOEVER  THINGS  WERE  WRITTEN  AFORETIME  WERE  WRITTEN  FOR  OUR  LEARNING  THAT  WE  THROUGH  PATIENCE  AND  ---COMFORT  OF  THE  SCRITURES  MIGHT  HAVE  HOPE---

2 TIMOTHY 3:16  all   --SCRIPTURE--   is given by inspiration of  GOD  and is  ---PROFITABLE  --  FOR  DOTRINE  --  FOR  REPROOF  --  FOR  CORRECTION  --  FOR  INSTRUCTION  IN  RIGHTEOUSNES

ACTS 17:11  these were more noble than those in thessalonica in that they received the word with all readiness of mind  ---AND  SEARCHED  THE  SCRIPTURES---  daily whether those things were so 

PSALM 119:76  let I pray thee thy merciful kindness ---BE  FOR  MY  COMFORT  ---  ACCORDING  TO  THY  WORD  UNTO  THY  SERVANT---

ISAIAH 66:13  as one whom his mother comforteth so will I comfort you and you shall be comforted in jerusalem 

PSALM 31:6  I  HAVE  HATED  THEM  THAT  REGARD  LYING  VANITIES  BUT  I  TRUST  IN  THE  LORD

1 JOHN 5:10  he that believeth on THE  SON  OF  GOD  hath the witness in himself  ---  HE  THAT  BELIEVETH  NOT  GOD  HATH  MADE  HIM  A  LIAR  --- because he believeth not the record that  GOD  gave of  HIS  SON

REVELATION  21:23  and the city had no need of the sun neither of the moon to shine in it for the glory of  GOD  did lighten it and  THE  LAMB  is the light thereof 

REVELATION 21:27  AND  THERE  SHALL  IN  NO  WISE  ENTER  INTO  IT  ANY  THING  THAT  DEFILETH  NEITHER  WHATSOEVER  WORKETH  ABOMINATION  ---OR  MAKETH  A  LIE---  BUT  THEY  WHICH  ARE  WRITTEN  IN  THE  LAMBS  BOOK  OF  LIFE

PSALM 69:28  LET  THEM  BE  BLOTTED  OUT  OF  THE  BOOK  OF  THE  LIVING  AND  NOT  BE  WRITTEN  WITH  THE  RIGHTEOUS

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1