Guest mvhssoccer

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

My names Michael and I'm 16 years old, and i've been feeling really depressed lately. I feel as if God has left me and the world has turned against me. Everyday seems to be worse than the day before (though to some this is nothing and have to go through a lot worse, but for me this is the worst its ever been in my life) and I dont know what to do. My friends who I thought i could go to, now seem to be uncaring and make fun of me day after day for some ridiculous thing and then they can always find a away to blame me for something as well. This continues because I've never been the kind of person to retaliate, but this kind of thing does get me angry, it annoys me, and it really hurts me, that they no longer really respect me, though they think its all playful. Furthermore, I can't seem to get on track with all my schoolwork. I'm taking honors classes, and before, I would be at the top of my class, and now i study for 8 hours for a test and get an F, and everyone else barely studies and gets a C. I know God is there and I know he loves me, but I feel like he's just not helping me right now, like he wants me to pay for something i might have done wrong in the past. My life just seems like its in a downspiral, I'm always stressed, I'm never happy anymore, I'm struggling, and I'm losing hope to even hang on anymore. Please, if anyone has any answer to what I should about my situation, it would be really be helpful...even any encouraging words right now would be amazing right now...i'm so far gone that anything can help.

Hey Michael,

Take comfort in knowing that ALL of us have been thru this stage. It's tough being 16. In addition to dealing with hormones, you are transitioning from being a youth to becoming an adult---a painful process. Kinda like the protective insulation around you is being peeled away, layer by layer, and you are more exposed to the harshness of the world---eh???

Hang in there. God IS with you and He is not beating you over the head for past wrongs. He may, at times, correct us as a loving Father. But His love is perfect and he uses all things for our good----even this pain you are going thru.

As for your friends....is there one particular friend you can talk to alone and be open with? If not, go to an adult you can trust and share how you are feeling.

Regarding your school work....the feelings you are having may be affecting your ability to focus and concentrate; can you get some tutoring at least temporarily?

If there is something in your past that is troubling you, talk to your pastor. If you have confessed it, God has already forgiven you; you must forgive yourself. If you have not yet confessed, now would be a good time. :wub: God will forgive. He already knows your heart and has great mercy and compassion for you.

Michael, you are a normal 16 year old, on your way to becoming a wonderful young man. God will use this time to help you grow and to draw you to Him----if you will allow Him.

Thank Him for all He has blest you with.......including the pain, for it is a blessing; you just can't see it yet. One day you will look back and say "Thank God for that struggle, for now I understand how God used it to prepare me for what I now face".

Many times, the struggles I've had in my life have helped me to relate to, and minister to, others. I praise God for the gift of those struggles.

We will be praying for you. Give each day to God; put it all in His hands. And, then, focus on giving Him glory and serving Him. You'll be fine.

God bless you,

Fiosh

:wub:

Rom 8:14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God, are sons of God.

Rom 8:15 For you did not received the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear; but you have received the Spirit of sonship. When we cry, Abba, Father!

Rom 8:16 it is the Spirit Himself bearing witness with our spirit, that we are children of God:

Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and fellow heirs with Christ; provided we suffer with him, in order that we may also be glorified with him.

Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Read Matthew 6: 25-34

Isaiah 49: 15-16

"Can a woman forget her suckling child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb?

Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.

Behold, I have graven you on the palms of my hands."

Romans 8: 37-39

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Chin up, Michael! You are a son of the King of the Universe!!! All He has is yours. He will be your strength and you shield.

:P

:wub: