Copper Scroll

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

But who do you think you are to openly defy what the Bible says about the eternal suffering of the lost? If God says they will be conscious in the Lake of Fire for all eternity, who are you to call him a liar? It isn't about what you think or I think or anyone thinks, it's about what the Bible says. God sends people to eternal suffering because they rejected Jesus, not because he hates them or enjoys suffering. They cannot enter heaven, God's 'rest', because they would not trust Jesus in this life. An eternity of suffering is the result of that, not some payment for sin. Why can't you see this? Why do you keep trying to undermine the gospel and tell people that it really doesn't matter if they get saved or not, since they'll just disappear? You will give people a false sense of security and they will be able to point at you and say "There's the reason I'm in suffering! I wasn't told the truth!" If you're comfortable with that, then you have my pity.

Take this however you want, but I've said all I can to you. Goodbye.

2thepoint,

I not the one calling God a liar. Let's take alook at that God said to Adam and Eve and compare it to what Satan said to Eve.

<Genesis 2:17>

"...but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."

God told Adam and Eve they would die. They would die a physical death. They would not have access to the tree of life. That is why an angel with a flaming sword was placed at the entrance of the garden to guard the tree of life. Why did Adam and Eve need access to the tree of life? Because they were mortal beings, formed from the dust, and to dust they would return.

<Genesis 3:22,23>

"Then the Lord God said, 'Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever'--therefore the Lord God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken."

We die a physical death. At that time our spirit leaves our body and returns to God. Our spirit is the breath of life.

<Genesis 2:7>

"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being (soul).

So it takes a body and the spirit together to make a living soul. A soul is a person. When we die, our body cannot exist without the breath of life (the spirit), so we are no longer a living soul. Our body goes back to the dust and our spirit returns to God, who gave it. We no longer exist.

<Ezekiel 18:20>

"The soul that sinneth, it shall die."

<Ezekiel 33:11>

...turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die?"

<Romans 6:23>

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

God loved us so much he didn't leave us in our sin and disobedience to die. He sent us His only son. Jesus died for us. Jesus died on the cross and went into the grave for us. Then he conquered death and arose out of the grave. He was the perfect sacrifice so God the Father called Him forth from the grave. Now those that believe in Jesus and accept Him as their Lord and Savior are also called forth to eternal life.

<Romans 8:11>

"But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you."

What did Satan say to Eve?

<Genesis 3:4>

"Then the serpent said to the woman, "You will not surely die."

Either God is telling us the truth or Satan is. One of them is lying. We either die or we don't. I chose to believe God over Satan. I believe we die. We are not immortal. Eternal life is a gift given to us through the sacrifice and death of Jesus. He died for us so we never have to. That is why we can say, Oh death where is thy sting?

Why are you telling people they are eternal and will live forever? Why do they need a savior then?

In Christ,

CarolineS