• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

There are those who believe that the Two Witnesses in Revelation are either Moses, Enoch or Elijah - REINCARNATED, as especially in the case of Moses, who actually died. As pointed out, this teaching is heresy

Dad Ernie, as you probably know, there is a difference between reincarnation and resurrection. The one has to do with Hindu philosophy (kharma) that good is rewarded with a better position in your "next life". The other has to do with being raised by the power of God through the will of God to fulfill the purpose of God, which is spoken of in 1 Corinthians 15 and 1 Thessalonians 4. We who are in Christ will be raised with a new body for a new, uncorrupted life.

Greetings rfw,

Consider:

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

So is Moses waiting to be "resurrected" to return and to die again? I think not. Also you may want to consider:

1 Cor 15:35-57. No one, that is no one (Enoch or Elijah included) are in heaven or the spiritual realm, or with God "in the flesh". You may also want to consider:

Luke 9:30-31 And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias: 31 Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Dad Ernie,

I'm torn, because I'm not defending the interpretation of some that the Two Witnesses are Moses and Elijah. I don't believe that, but rather the Two represent the Church and Israel. However, let's look at Matthew 27:51-53

Mat 27:51 Suddenly, the curtain of the sanctuary was split in two from top to bottom; the earth quaked and the rocks were split.

Mat 27:52 The tombs also were opened and many bodies of the saints who had gone to their rest were raised.

Mat 27:53 And they came out of the tombs after His resurrection, entered the holy city, and appeared to many.

All I want to say about this is: A sovereign, almighty God is certainly able to raise people from the dead. We shouldn't downplay that in the face of someone else's error. The Transfiguration passage you quoted is great evidence for the Christian against one of the errors of reincarnation. Much of what is written about reincarnation has to do with "discovery" of past identities, but Moses and Elijah were recognized by the disciples without any introduction we are told about, and no "discovery". This seems to indicate that who you are is evident in your transfigured, resurrected body.

But let the Scripture speak:

1Co 15:42 So it is with the resurrection of the dead: Sown in corruption, raised in incorruption;

1Co 15:43 sown in dishonor, raised in glory; sown in weakness, raised in power;

1Co 15:44 sown a natural body, raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

1Co 15:45 So it is written: The first man Adam became a living being; the last Adam became a life-giving Spirit.

1Co 15:46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual.

1Co 15:47 The first man was from the earth and made of dust; the second man is from heaven.

1Co 15:48 Like the man made of dust, so are those who are made of dust; like the heavenly man, so are those who are heavenly.

1Co 15:49 And just as we have borne the image of the man made of dust, we will also bear the image of the heavenly man.

1Co 15:50 Brothers, I tell you this: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, and corruption cannot inherit incorruption.

1Co 15:51 Listen! I am telling you a mystery: We will not all fall asleep, but we will all be changed,

1Co 15:52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we will be changed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings rfw,

I'm torn, because I'm not defending the interpretation of some that the Two Witnesses are Moses and Elijah. I don't believe that, but rather the Two represent the Church and Israel. However, let's look at Matthew 27:51-53

All I want to say about this is: A sovereign, almighty God is certainly able to raise people from the dead. We shouldn't downplay that in the face of someone else's error. The Transfiguration passage you quoted is great evidence for the Christian against one of the errors of reincarnation. Much of what is written about reincarnation has to do with "discovery" of past identities, but Moses and Elijah were recognized by the disciples without any introduction we are told about, and no "discovery". This seems to indicate that who you are is evident in your transfigured, resurrected body.

I'm not sure what you are "torn" about, but I agree with you, sort of, about Israel and the Church. Consider Romans 9-11 and Ephesians 1-3. This is all about how both gentile and Jew will become one in Christ, and indeed these two are the "witnesses" in the last days.

Since Moses and Elijah "appeared in glory", I think their majestic appearance, if I might use that term, somehow reveals WHO they are. I believe that when we get our glorified bodies we too will recognize those whom we meet, from Adam to John, the Revelator and many more. We shall know Him, even as He now knows us.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie