• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  640
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Butero,

you can purchase any nations flag from a flag dealer, at least i think you still can. check your local phone book. i also get angry when i see some protester, or uninformed college kid or a foreigner that hates America burn the flag. i remember thinking though, when the news channels began talking about the congressional vote on this issue, isn't there some more important issue we could be spending our time on? i was thinking about the expense of congress, what it costs us for them to be there, and i hoped they were addressing some of the other issues we are waiting for them to address, that might actually benefit America's citizenry, on a day to day basis, you know maybe a moral issue, or an issue that would improve someone's life. i would like to see our national flag protected also, but i do feel there are more important issues that congress is ignoring, during this midterm election. it seems they are throwing a smoke screen with the flag issue, to distract us, and that irritates me. that they think we are that easily disuaded from the real issues at hand, and that during this vulnerable time for them, we are fooled by their gamesmanship.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

As far as I am concerned, burning the flag is an act of treason. Burning the flag is not "speach" and therefore does not fall under freedom of speach. I don't see why some people feel the need to blur or dilute the meaning of our constitution. To say flag burning is covered under freedom of speach is just like saying that telling our national security secrets to other nations should also be covered as well. Anyone that lives in this nation, yet harbors enough contempt for it to burn its national flag, should be banished/evicted/deported or imprisoned, never to return. I have a great deal of contempt for our government, but I would not stoop so low as to burn the flag, because the flag does not represent our government alone, but our people and history. To burn OUR FLAG, not our governments, is a crime against every American that has shed his or her blood to defend this country and its way of life. If you were to burn the flag of any other country, you would be attacking/insulting its people even though you may have done so to protest its leaders, the result is the same.. I think we, as americans, have had to endure this more than any other nation, thanks to our leaders, and we should not be giving our citizens free license to do so disguised as free speach.

Simply put, talking about burning an american flag is covered under freedom of speach, to burn the flag is an ACT and should be considered treason or espionage. Our people need to be reminded that our national flag is not our governments symbol, but the peoples legacy and it represents, more than any other nations flag, the trials and tribulations our forefathers went through to create this great nation. There is one star for every state and thirteen stripes representing the original thirteen colonies. Of all the nations of the world there is no other flag like it just as there is no nation like ours. To burn our flag is to spit in the face of every American. I don't think even those who wrote the costitution would have stood idly by and allowed someone to burn our flag and neither should we.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  05/06/1987

Why should it matter?I do not know how I would vote.. :thumbsup:

I really am undecided on this...

I can see how it is just a piece of cloth and sheer foolishness if people think I will get upset because they burn it...

childish actions on their part... that does not hurt me...

and I can see where it is also to be respected as when the flag that was used as a doormat for Saddam was removed from the door way when the Military took over his home.....

None who respects this country will use the flag with any disrespect....

I am anything but undecided on this matter. I think they should throw everyone in jail if they burn the flag and hit them with a heavy fine as well. What I'd really like to see, is all who burn the American flag deported and sent to China or one of the other communist nations. Whenever I see foreigners burning the American flag in street protests, I think about how I would love to get a hold of their nation's flag, set up my own demonstration, burn it and stop on it in the street somewhere in America, and send them footage to show on their news channels. My feeling is, if you don't love America leave it. Burning the flag is the ulitimate show of disrespect, not only to this nation, but to the many people who have defended it over the years.

Yeah I have burned a flag before but it was done very respectively and was a torn up flag. We had a little funeral for it and played the national anthem and stuff.